Put Your Heart Where Your Mouth Is

Veinte y Seis.

[Alex's View].

When Jack, Rian and I walked into the theater--Zack staying at the hotel because he wasn't feeling well-- the first thing I looked for was Andy. She was really all that mattered at this point. It was the only reason I agreed to Pat's invite. Nothing really mattered but her now, so why was she kissing Garrett?

"I guess you miss a lot when you're out of sight." I said, rubbing the back of my neck. She noticed me for the first time, and her brown eyes faltered slightly. She didn't look too sorry, though. Her hand found his and they waved before walking to their seats. Were the lights in here going off, or was it just me?

"You going to sit, or what?" Jack said, handing me a packet of half-eaten Milk Duds, and heading off to the front row with Kennedy, his spiky-haired girlfriend, and Patrick. Jared stayed sitting with Rian, Andy, and Garrett. I wanted to run, I was embarassed as hell.

The entire way here from the hotel, my friends wouldn't stop talking about how I was getting laid tonight, just for walking back into Andy's life. I've never seen anyone look at her like Garrett does. Correction, I've seen it only once. When Andy looks back at him.

They were disgustingly cute. They looked like the couple that gets married after highschool, and ends up staying married until they die because they're just that in love. They'd be the parents you wished you had, the couple you wish you could be like, and she'd always be the one that got away.

I groaned, and leaned back in my seat.

From: ANDY (;

I'm sorry.


I pulled my phone under the side of my hoodie so I wouldn't get busted for having my phone out, and typed out a quick reply.

For moving on?

For loving Garrett.

Those words stung because they were true. I felt like I was going to get up, get a cab, and head back to Maryland. I stared at the screen of my phone.

So it's love now?

"Yeah." I heard her whisper, "It is."

I glanced over Rian's shoulder, and saw her sitting so close to him. His lips met hers.

I didn't bother stopping myself. I got up, heading for the doors. She wasn't stopping me, so I kept going. It was raining outside, but I didn't bother hopping on the bus. I sat on the bench outside the theater, and didn't move from my spot. My hair and clothes were matted to my skin. Still wasn't moving.

"Hey." Someone said, sitting down next to me. I smelled the Chanel perfume before turning my head to meet her eyes. "I really am sorry, Alex."

"Me too, Andy." I said, pushing my wet hair out of my eyes. "Where's the boyfriend?"

"Waiting for me inside." She said, leaning back against the bench, and crossing her legs casually. "But I wanted to talk to you. I called, you know. After you left. You said you'd call me back later, but you never did. So, yeah, Alex. I did move on. First it was John, but I'm in love with Garrett."

"Did you come out here to remind me?" I said, a little more harshly than I wanted to. "Because I don't care."

"You're sitting in the rain after agreeing to come see me." she said, standing up. "We both care."

She left. She walked inside, she took her boyfriend's hand, and they went back to the movie, talking about things that mattered only to them.

Damn, I need a girlfriend.
♠ ♠ ♠
I want five comments before the next update.
Please?
I hate to do that, but I really need some feedback.
(: