Status: Active

Book Half Unread

Moving On

No little texts, no short, two second voice mails saying "Call me back"; there was nothing. It's been a year since I left the boys that night. I didn't contact any of them. I didn't answer calls from Joe nor May either. For a while my sturdy friendships with Jenna, Marc, Josh, and Christopher were shaky for a while until I came home and they confronted me about it all. It was because they took the time to deal with me that I made it through the rest of college. I had always been on the three year fast track instead of finishing college in four years so when I graduated the summer of '09 I was the happiest ever. I had almost everything, but I'm getting ahead of myself. I'll go back two weeks after the show in New York.

School started up again and I tried my hardest to move on. Thinking of Alex and Lisa being together wasn't going to make my life any easier. I spent days staying up all night with Christopher talking to him. Hearing his voice and what was happening back home made me almost forget about that hole in my heart.

My photography class was given a paired assignment and my partner was someone named Colin Livesay. The first thing I did was pull out my laptop and search for Colin's student E-mail in the university's directory. Clicking new, I began an E-mail to him.

Dear Colin,
This is Aimee McIntyre, your partner for Michaud's paired assignment. I wanted to know if you were willing to get the assignment out of the way once we know all the details tomorrow. Please E-mail me back or call me.
Thanks,
Aimee


I typed in my cell phone number at the end of the E-mail and sent it off, quickly exiting out before Michaud could confiscate my laptop for doing something I shouldn't have been doing during class. Once class was over though, I grabbed my things quickly and left the class. A few of my friends tried to stop me to talk, but I merely held my hand phone up to my ear and they got the clue, calling me. I only had five minutes to get to my next class that was three stories up: photo editing. After this I could go back to my dorm.

Class flew by and I walked across the campus grounds. My body felt worn and I could foresee a nap in my future. Locking the door behind myself, I sat at the small dinner table in the room and opened my laptop. I signed into my student account and I was pretty surprised to see a response from this Colin kid.

Yeah I'll meet you. I stayed after and got the rest of the information we'd need instead of waiting till tomorrow to hear it in class. I'll fill you in on the details. I'm free tonight. I'll meet you at the Lollicup at 4. – C.L.

A disgruntled sigh left my lips. How could this guy be so straight forward and practically order me to meet him somewhere? I didn't even get a say in this. I didn't even know if he was a creeper or not. A half hour passed and I decided I'd go. I hadn't been there in a while anyway. I sent him my reply and took a shower. From there I got dressed and lounged around for another hour before leaving and taking the bus to the stop near the Lollicup. When I walked in I was met with the sweet aromas of the different tea leaves.

Looking around I spotted a boy who I've seen around campus before. Seeing no one else around, I walked over to him slowly. "Hello, I'm Aimee. Are you Colin?" I asked, unsure.

He looked up to me, eyebrow quirked. I guess not. "He'll be back in a minute." With that he looked back out the window, leaving me to stand there awkwardly. Turning to look to my right I went and ordered a black bubble tea.

After waiting and paying for my drink I looked back to where that boy was and saw a lighter haired boy. Feeling like a loser, I walked back over and prepared myself to hear that this second boy was not Colin either. "Hi, are you Colin?" I asked a bit timidly.

"Yeah; you Aimee?" His deep brown eyes bore into my lighter colored ones and I merely nodded, taking in his appearance; I wasn't too crazy to see he had his septum pierced. I glanced down at his hand to see he had a beverage and it smelled like honey lemon tea.

"Yes," I finally spoke. We stood there awkwardly staring at each other, his friend sitting there staring at the two of us.

"Are you guys just going to look at each other or what?" a monotonous voice sounded. I looked at his dark haired friend, my face red. "I'm London, by the way. If you two are ready, let's go." With that he stood and left the Lollicup with us following him. That was the start of the most messed up friendship ever.

Colin and I took the photographs we needed. London had been invited to help us find scenery. We ended up with the highest grade in our class and more. He helped me get over Alex and the boys. Needless to say we started dating and since he and London were ahead of me a year, we graduated together.

During the summer I called and chatted with the two of them with webcams and using twitter. One particular conversation the three of us had together, unbeknownst to me, was the one that would make my life severely complicated.

I logged on to my Stickam account one afternoon and saw that both Colin and London were on. I started a conversation with them.

I saw London was lazed out on his balcony in his purple hoodie and I could see the busy New York scenery behind him. Colin was wearing a simple white V-neck. He was sitting in his bedroom leaned up against his wall that was covered up by Polaroid pictures. I smiled and waved at them through my cam.

"There are handsome men on my screen," I said laughing a little.

"I see an Ogre chick on mine," said London, his voice still monotonous as ever. I frowned instantly and peeled a sticky note and stuck it over his little window on the computer screen. "Aimee, you're too sensitive."

"London, stop teasing her. Aimee you're beautiful. I guess you got the jumper then?" Colin said, his smiling face beaming at me through the cam.

"I totally did." Standing up, I backed away and held my arms out, doing a single spin. I thought it was the cutest thing ever. "I love it, thanks so much, Colin." I blew him a small kiss before taking the sticky note off of London's face in time to see him make a revolted expression. "London, you're only doing that because you don't have a girl."

"I don't think I want one anymore," he grumbled at me. "Colon, are you going to tell her or am I?"

"Tell me what?"

"Stop calling me Colon already!" Colin huffed, eyes squinted. "I'll tell her."

"Guys, tell me what?!"

"Can you tell the princess not to yell? She's giving me a headache."

"I'll show you a headache." I started at London, glaring at his smug face. Don't get me wrong, I love the boy, but he seriously knew how to get on my nerves.

"Aimee! Before you do anything rash, I should tell you that he's going to be our roommate." I paused and looked at Colin's face in his little screen.

"Our?"

Colin smiled at me. "Well, London and I were thinking and we missed you. I'm tired of Pennsylvania and-"

London cut in. "-And my ma's a bitch."

"We're moving down there, to Baltimore and I wanted to know if you'd move in with us. We already have a place and everything. This place is called The Zenith. Have you heard of it?"

"I know where that is. I work at Current Gallery and Artist Cooperative. It's right down the street from it."

"We got a three bedroom apartment and we need you to move in," London said looking pointedly at me.

Sitting there, I thought about it. My mom would be so lonely. "Guys, I'm not sure. My mom, I can't leave her here alone. I'll talk to her about it and I'll text you guys later." I told them my goodbyes and signed off, sighing and slouching down in my chair. Turning around I gasped, trying not to scream as my mom stood there in her scrubs, leaning against my bedroom door.

"Sorry hon, I didn't mean to scare you. I hope you don't mind, but I heard you and those boyfriends of yours talking." She smiled at me knowingly.

"Mom, only Colin's my boyfriend. London's just a loser." I pouted in my seat.

"London… He's been taking the place of Christopher, hasn't he?" She walked over and gently placed her hand on my head. "Where is that boy anyway?"

"He's in Maui with Joshi and Jenna." I was a bit bitter. While I had been away to college, Jenna and Marc indefinitely broke up because Marc wasn't into the relationship anymore. Josh was there to pick up Jenna's broken pieces while Marc went off to join All Time Low on their tours and they were happy.

My mom gave me a hug. "I'm sorry you're stuck here with me, honey."

"Ah, mom; you know I don't mind."

"Well I do mind and I think you should take those two boys up on their offer." Her eyes were serious about this. I wasn't too sure.

"Really? I mean, first off, they're two boys. Aren't you concerned about me? Second, I'll be in the city and away from you-"

"It's only a short ride away, Aimee. Stop fretting about me. I survived while you were in college, didn't I? Sweetie, you have to grow up now and about them being two boys, of course I'm concerned, but I trust you. When I met them at your graduation I saw how much they cared about you, especially Colin. When you disappeared and left me talking to them, you should have seen how worried they looked when they turned around and saw you weren't there. They'll take care of you. You need to stop being concerned about me." We were silent for a moment before she spoke up again, "Well that was my little shtick. It's still up to you though." She sat there for a minute longer before getting up. "Go ahead, text them and tell them your decision."

I gave her a small smile and watched as she left before picking up my phone.

"When's the move in date?"
♠ ♠ ♠
Alright so I attempted posting this chapter last night but Mibba decided to be a, pardon me, dick. Some of you are probably wondering "Amber, why the duck did you add in more characters?!" Well, I wanted it to be realistic; she can't be stuck on the boys forever. The boys will show up in the next chapter for sure near the end. Besides, more original characters mean more ideas to thicken the plot.

Also, if you were confused by the set up of this chapter I made it so that it was during the summer of 2009, but then it went back to her spring 2008 semester in college, then it lead on to the summer of 2009. If you didn't get it, contact me. I'll explain. Also, I want you guys to know that I do respond to my comments on this story because I really appreciate it.

Let me know what you want to see in the next chapter.