Status: Myspace.com/Racingkites

Burn This City

We move too fast to remember

I picked up a poster and scanned the faces.

“How much are these?” Dave looked up quickly from his phone. He was currently trying to find a picture of some chick who looked like Dakota.

“Two.” He sighed and sat his phone down just as the guys slowly walked over.
“Dude, Matty! Doesn’t she look just like Abby?!” The guy in question was covered in tattoos, his ears were gauged and his lip was pierce. He didn’t fit in with the others it seemed.

“Kind of. What’s your name?” He asked from his seat behind Dave.

“I’m Dakota and that’s Skylar.” She said pointing around the small blonde.

“You’re the girls from the coffee shop!! I thought you couldn’t make it?!” Alex exclaimed pulling Dakota into a hug.

“I’m sick.” I said air quoting sick. Dave laughed.

“Did they really fall for that?”

“She was amazing! She sounded sick, looked sick, even I couldn’t have done it that well.” Dakota said. I shrugged.

“Aren’t there more of you?” I asked looking around.

“Matt is awkward and Preston is creepin behind you.” Alex said. I looked over my shoulder. Preston was standing directly behind just standing there.

“Hi.” I said slowly staring at him. Pictures did him no justice.

“Hi! I’m Preston and I play bass!” He said excitedly.

“Hi! I’m Skylar and your really hyper!”

“I took a shower! We just got back from being on the road and we were gross!” I nodded and pulled out my phone to txt Dakota.

>Er. I-uhm. Yeah you know what? I don’t think so.

“That’s great! You were great up there by the way. You all were!” I said motioning to the others. Dakota’s phone blasted Hit The Lights startling the teeny blonde who was glued to her side.

“What don’t you think so?” Alex asked.

“It was a question about dinner.” I said shrugging. Dave’s eyes narrowed.

“I want chinaese though!”

“Nah. You can go. I don’t want any.”

“What if we go with her? Then will you come?” Matty asked. I sighed.

“But- ugh. Fine.” I said caving. Preston’s pout turned back into the content smile.

“Yay! I’ll go tell Matt! He said walking away. I walked over to Dave and handed him a twenty.

“V-neck?” I nodded, he threw me a shirt.

“How do you-”

“I know. So, was that text really about dinner?” He asked with a knowing smile.

“Mhm.”

“Uh huah. Whatever you say.” He said. I looked over at Dakota. She was deep in a conversation about Scrubs with Alex. I turned to the guy named Matty and struck up conversation.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sooo.....comments? Subscribers? Something?

Title cred- Hit The Lights