Status: recently updated

How Was I Supposed To Know?

Me and My Money

11 came too damn quickly and before I knew it, it was time to enter the Spearmint Rhino. The bouncer let me with a sly smile. My first impression of the club as a stripper was impressed. It was a clean establishment and there was talent on the stage. A pretty girl with short brown hair did a tricky maneuver at the top of the pole, sliding down smoothly. Men and a few women tossed some ones onto the stage. I thought her song was fun. I recognized E-40 on the speakers and heard the unforgettable "There she goes sliding' down the pole."

I wasn't here for fun though. I had come to finish this part of my life. There was a room where the girls were going with their clients. It reminded me of my first meeting with Brian. I doubted these girls were meeting their future husbands.

"Alanna?" a small asian girl touched my arm, carrying a tray of drinks. I nodded and watched as the woman pointed to a corner of the club. I knew Will had seen me and sent her for me. I thanked her and took a deep breath to settle myself. A young girl finished her dance, the whistles and calls were unmistakeable. The strobe lights were blinding but I found my way to Will's table.

Will was dressed in his best suit, he now had a cane with him and had a small entourage of beautiful girls with him. They clung to his large frame like they would be beaten if they didn't. I knew very well that I wasn't far off.

"What did you bring me here for?" I said over the music, crossing my arms over my chest. I was acting much braver than I felt.

Will chuckled, making his girls flinch at the sudden movement. "See this girls? My top bitch coming back to me. Best dancer I've ever seen. You bitches have some G-strings to fill." He laughed again and pulled out a cigar.

The girls stared at me, one with eyes so sad and helpless I wish I could take her away and give her a new life. The other girl had hard eyes. She had accepted her fate and I could tell she believed there was nothing better for her.

"I'm not yours, Will." I watched as he puffed on the cigar, his eyes were amused, like a man watching his pet do something curiously human-like.

"I came to make sure you'd leave me alone. I own my life now." I kept my voice hard.

It wasn't enough to really faze Will though. "How about we talk about this in my associate's office." He gestured upstairs as he subtly pulled his gun out enough for me to see.

I knew this was what he wanted all along. I would imagine things would be increasingly more violent if we were to be alone to "discuss" me and my future.

Regardless, I had come to finish this.

-X-

The room Will lead me too was classy and business like. It was nothing close to Will's illegal drug den in Miami.

Dimitri was sitting on a plush leather couch upon my arrival. There was absolutely no expression on his face. If this came to a horrible fight, I would hope and pray that at least for old times sake, he would help me.

"Alanna, let us talk frankly. My business in Miami is slipping. People just aren't into the way I run things." Will looked troubled as he puffed on the cigar, leaning his large frame onto the desk that sat at the back of the open room.

I swallowed and waiting for him to get to his point. I felt my fear for the first time tonight.

"You were my best girl and I miss having a good bitch by my side. I'll admit I handled things a bit..hasty but I think we can get passed all that. When you ran away I was so..so angry." Will's voice shook with his surprised rage, gripping tightly to his cane.

"After these months, I've come to realize that I was jealous. This man had come into our home. Into our home!" he yelled the last part for emphasis. My eyes never left his. I was glad he didn't see the way my hands shook at my side.

Will cleared his throat. "This man came into our home and took my girl. The thought of another man touching my property…see I couldn't have that." Will came closer to me now, his cane thudding softly on the carpeted floor. "So you see, Alanna, what I did was for love." he breathed into my face, the foul smell of his breath was enough to make me gag but I held my composure. He reached out and laid a greasy hand on my cheek, I felt my skin scream in response.

"This club is for sale and my associate is lucky to know me, I'm very interested in Los Angeles. I need my own star act however and what I am without my star? My lovely Valentine." he smiled greedily. "You see my dear, me and money just go together."

I knew he was going to try to get me to go back to him but this feeling of being trapped was unbearable.

"This isn't love. You can't treat people this way. I'm a human being, not a slave." I spit angrily, pulling my face from his hand but his grip on my face was quick and hard.

"You are fucking mine you little cunt. I own your whole pathetic life. You will work for me again. You will obey me, or I will kill everyone you love." He squeezed my face hard, let go and used the back of his hand to slap my face.

I held the stinging flesh in my hand and stood there paralyzed in fear and anger. I saw Dimitri through my hair. His expression was blank.

"I hear Layla had a baby girl. How nice. Maybe when I kill Layla, I take the child and raise it as my own. She should have a fair bit of talent in her to be a better star than either of you." WIll laughed darkly.

"You sick bastard." I hissed, looking up to lunge at him but he had already pointed a lethal gun at my chest.

"I've had enough of this talking. I'm sure I'll find a better dancer in this city. We're done." Will sighed as he pulled the trigger.
♠ ♠ ♠
Miss me?;)