‹ Prequel: Gin and Juice
Status: Finished {foREVer}

Rum and Coke

Family Business

Aunt Suzy gave them all a kiss on the cheek before they climbed into a rented camper.

“Ok, I say the girls get the bed in the very back and we’ll take the one above the cab. Sound fair?” Mark asked as he pulled out of Suzy’s driveway.

“Sure, whatever,” Ellie replied as she sunk further into the couch. She and Mark had talked last night, and thoughts that weren’t meant to come out did. Then, afterwards, she got a call from Adam and he didn’t say the things that she wanted him to say.

"Bailey and I can take the first shift," Mark said again."

Ellie didn't even respond. The silence continued until the camper pulled into the circular driveway of Matt’s home. Wordlessly, the young band got out and walked up the steps to the front of the house.

A hand grabbed Ellie’s forearm, forcing her to stop in her tracks.

“Come with me,” Brian whispered in her ear.

“Mother told me never to go anywhere with strangers,” she said back. Jerking her arm out of his hold, she looked back at him. “What do you want?”

Brian smiled back, slightly happy that she was so smart. “I want to show you something. C’mon, the guys know what’s going on. They won’t leave us,” he said, taking her arm again and gently pulling her toward his car.

“But my band doesn’t know what’s going on,” Ellie said as she put all of her weight in her heels.

Brian turned back to look at her. “They will be fine. C’mon or are you scared?”

Ellie gritted her teeth as she walked past him. Effortlessly, she opened the passenger door and pulled herself into the raised Escalade. “So, where are we going?” She finally asked as Brian pulled into a neighborhood with medium sized houses.

“It’s a surprise,” he replied with a smile.

Ellie groaned and continued to look out the window.

“What?”

“I hate surprises.”

Brian chuckled. “Why am I not surprised?” he asked under his breath. A few seconds later, he pulled into a driveway and parked his car. “We’re here, come on,” he smiled as he unbuckled his seatbelt and slid out of the car. Hesitantly, Ellie mimicked his actions and followed him up to the door. She had a terrible feeling in her gut. Still smiling, Brian opened the door and stepped inside the house. “I’m here!” he yelled into the seemingly empty house. Ellie stayed hidden behind him, the unsettling feeling in her stomach was growing worse.

“Bri!” a woman in her upper 20s screamed while running up to him.

Laughing, he threw his arms around her and spun her around a few times. “How are you doing, ‘Kenna?”

“Good,” she smiled, chocolate eyes beaming. “Oh, and who is this?” She asked, spotting Ellie.

“This is-”

“See, I told you he would come,” and elderly woman smiled to an equally elderly man and a man who looked to be a little younger than Brian.

“Of course I would come! It’s tradition!” Brian said with a big smile on his face.

“Oh, and you have a visitor?” the elderly woman asked, pointing to Ellie

Beaming, Brian brought Ellie out in front of him and put his hands on the girl’s shoulders. “Dad, Suzy, Brent, McKenna, I’d like to introduce you to Ellie, my daughter.”

The elderly woman, Suzy, gasped, her hand went over her mouth. Brian, Sr. had a stony look on her face. McKenna looked a little confused.

“Danni?” Brent asked with a bemused expression on his face.

“Danni? Where is she? I always liked her.” McKenna interjected, her confusion being replace with a smile.

“Yes, Brent. She’s Danni’s,” Brian sighed.

“Oh, Brian, how many times did I tell you to be careful with her?” Suzy asked.

Ouch, Ellie covered her hurt.

“Suzy,” Brian, Sr. warned.

Ellie shook her head and wiggled out of Brian’s hold before turning to face him. “And how many times do I have to tell you that I don’t belong here? With them?” She asked as she turned to look at his family and forced a smile. “It was nice to meet all of you, but I can see where my mother and I are not welcome. Goodbye,” she said as politely as she could before walking out of the house and started walking in the general direction towards Matt’s house.
♠ ♠ ♠
This is another chapter that didn't want to cooperate with me.

=D bree