Thieves and Beggars

Never Shall We Die

I never have been one to do things on a whim, and constantly talk myself out of it because I don’t think that guys will play on the same team as me, if you get what I mean, but I was almost positive there was something different about him. Just as I was considering bringing it back up, his lengthy limb wrapped around my shoulder pulling me closer to him.

“You should ask him now,” I heard Jessica say.

I looked up at Gerard, and he smiled at me.

“I don’t think I have too,”
He didn’t, there was no way I would turn him down. The boy was so gorgeous wit his black hair and pale skin, and his eyes pulled me in and made me want to just keep staring at him. I felt his head rest on mine as I tried to switch positions. There were these little things that kept poking me and it was more annoying than when Anthony wouldn’t quit hitting me with a paper towel tube when I was little.

“Hey, Jessica, will you go check in for me?”
“Why can’t you do it?”

“Come on, I’ll do your dishes for a week,”

“Fine,”
She got up and left.

I sent Anthony to go do so for me without having to bargain. He knew how important this moment was to me.

We just sat there while they were gone, I enjoyed the warm feeling of his body against mine, and I was getting a bit sleepy. It reminded me of when I would fall asleep with my grandma’s arm around me during church, it was something I hadn’t felt in a while, and it was quite comforting.

As he ran his fingers up and down my bare arm, my whole body felt like there was an electric shock going through it. At least now I knew what my dog felt like when we shocked her, just without the nervousness and happiness.

He looked down at me and smiled as our eyes met. I smiled back and shifted around a bit more trying to get comfortable. I swear I felt and heard the sound of him kissing the top of my head, but I could have just been dreaming. Honestly, it all felt like a dream. Every guy I have ever liked hadn’t liked me, and I was known to crush easily.

“You know, I have never had a boyfriend before,”
“I haven’t either,”
“I thought I was just going to be one of those lonely guys my whole life,”
My fingers traced circles on the top of his thighs, “I don’t see why,”
“Why is that?”
“Well, you’re cute, and funny, and sweet,”
At that moment I understood where the stupid cliché things in movies come from, and I cant believe how cheesy it sounded now that I look back on it.
“I don’t know what to say,” he chuckled slightly.
A few more moments of silence, and me debating whether or not I should kiss him.
“I have never even held hands before,” he laughed and shook his head at himself,
“I haven’t either,”
I looked back up at him and smiled, our eyes meeting once again as I waited for him to make the first move.
“Hey! Frank!”
My brother broke the moment.
“What did Dad say?” I asked him.
He shrugged, “Nothing,”

In just a few moments, Jessica was back, and she took a seat next to us and began to play with some of the grass. I shifted positions again.

“Those things still poking you?” his voice was soft and calming, and made me want to fall asleep right there for some reason.

I nodded and yawned again.

“You know, we don’t have to sit like this,”
I shook my head quickly.
“No, no, I’m fine, really,”

I looked up and smiled at him and kissed his cheek. Our lips were so close and all I had to do was lean in a bit, but I didn’t want to take things to fast, no I wasn’t going to mess it up because I couldn’t wait a little bit.

I felt his hand brush my bangs out of my eyes as he place a kiss on my forehead.
“What are you looking at?” He raised an eyebrow at his sister, who shrugged.
“Nothing,”

“Oh, mom said that we need to get back in a bit, we are going to get ice cream.” Said Jessica.

“Well than I guess we better go,”

He started to get up and I moved off of him and got up to join him. We walked passed our site and I grabbed a Pepsi from the cooler. We had just bought these little tiny cute ones at the store, and Anthony and me must have had 3 or 4each already. Hey, they were only 8 oz bottles, that wasn’t a lot for two kids who had drank the soda since they were little.

We reached their campsite and their mom pulled out a camera.

“Come on guys, I want to get a picture”

I picked up his little 3 year old brother, who to this day I swear looks exactly like me when I was little, and stood with him on one side of me, Anthony on the other and Jessica next to Anthony with their 7 year old sister between Anthony and Jessica. She took the shot.

“Alright, Gerard and Jessica, you guys go take the garbage up to the dumpster and we will come pick you guys up on our way out.

“Hey do you think Frank and Anthony could come with us mom?” I head Gerard ask.

“I guess, as long as their parents don’t care,”

Gerard smiled down at me.

The way to the dumpster went past our campsite so I was able to stop and ask my mom who, of course, said yes and gave us some money so their mom wouldn’t have to pay for us.

We continued our trek to the dumpster.

When everything they needed to do had been done, Gerard and I stood next to each other, and as I felt his warm hand intertwine with mine, the pulse of my heart quickened again.
His parents pulled up and he let go, I figured they, unlike mine, weren’t aware their son was gay, and he didn’t want them to know just yet.

We climbed in the car; with Gerard sitting next to me in the back so those in the front couldn’t see. He entwined our hands together once again as I laid my head on his shoulder and closed my eyes.

The ride to the ice cream shop wasn’t far but at least we were able to relax. I felt his hand undo itself from mine and wrap the arm around my shoulder before entwining his free hand with mine.

When we got there, Anthony and me waited to order after they did. I got a peanut butter cup
blizzard, and he some random thing that I wouldn’t even dare try.

Gerard told his mom that he and I were going to sit somewhere different and as we walked out of site he wrapped an arm around my shoulder. I scooted closer to him as I took a spoonful of my blizzard.

The cold substance sent a shiver down my spine freezing it. For some odd reason, I got spine freezes instead of brain freezes.

“You okay?” he asked me.

I nodded.

We took seat across from each other at one of the wooden benches.

I took a spoonful of my ice cream and lifted it up to his mouth, he took it with a chuckle and I saw him wince in pain from it also.

I leaned closer to him, closing the gap between us..

As our lips touched I felt a tingle of electricity go through my veins.

His tongue touched the bottom of my lips as I realized what he was doing; I opened my mouth and allowed it to come through, my heart pounding with excitement. It lasted only a few moments before it ended, making me want more from him. In contrast, it was a sloppy kiss compared to what you hear about, but I was happy none the less.

I continued my ice cream, looking up at him ever few minutes and smiling as he smiled back at me. That smile, oh the smile, it just made me want to pounce on him again, but no, I couldn’t, I wouldn’t.