Death's a Joke.

Carved Into.

As she pressed the bottle’s rim to her pale red lips, ready to taste the liquor, she loosened her grip – letting the glass shatter while the contents spread across the floor’s inch thick dust. Her lips curved ones more into a cruel smile causing the makeup on her diamond shaped scars to flake slightly. She staggered slightly in her intoxicated state before dropping weightlessly onto the worn leather sofa. A set of short, dry laughs managed to escape her as she began to fall into a slumber.

Ace had been following this routine since she left the busy streets of Gotham. She spent her days locked in the ground floor flat of an abandoned high-rise were she would write notes for plans – making little diagrams of her plots before drinking herself into a dreamless sleep. It wasn’t that she was depressed; she was just waiting for the right time which, according to her, would come in a unsuspected sign.

Her eyes darted open as the sound of feet padding against gravel hit her ears. She was in furthest suburban area from the city which had everyone left. It had become the hot-spot for drug dealers who eventually left along with everyone else which meant no-one was ever around.

“Who the-” Ace began to mumble before cutting herself with a yawn while shuffling towards the door which swung on a single hinge after she forced entrée on the first day she arrived. Her hand firmly gripped against one of her blades’ handle.

On the bristle doormat laid a single box. Ace tilted her head slightly in confusion as the cement scenery was deserted. Out of curiosity she bent down to pick the purple velvet box and as she did a single card fell out. She grasped tight of the object before retreating back inside.

“I should have known you’d be after me,” Ace laughed gently as an image of a Joker stared up at her from in-between her slender fingers.

After dropping the card she turned her attention to the box. With a snapping noise the lid opened to reveal black silk cradling something she removed. There, swaying slightly from an expensive looking chain swung a single large diamond – carved into a heart shape and sparkled as the light went through it.

“I guess I found the sign that it’s about time I got myself back to Gotham, I’m barely gone and their simple minds have probably forgotten who I am. Of course I love to give people false security and to bring fear,” Muttered Ace with joy as she fixed the clasp of the necklace.

The Joker bared his teeth in a smile as one of his loyal workers delivered the news that the present has been left and she had taken it in. Ever since he had found out about her disappearance as the fact Bruce Wayne had suddenly adopted a son he wanted to find her. After sending countless men, all whom where killed if they said they couldn’t find her, he finally decided to try one of only parts near Gotham that hadn’t been unturned.

“Boss, wha’ do we do now?” A brown eyed goon questioned from under his mask.

“We wait,” Replied the Joker simply before breaking out into an insane laughter.
♠ ♠ ♠
So, like the beginning? Comments, no matter how long or short are very useful so I know what you think and what I should change!

Sorry about the delay in this coming out.