Death's a Joke.

Gotham Itself.

Ace sucked in her breath in anticipation as the rubber tyres ripped the grit from the ground, spraying them onto the pavement. The engines roared as the cars swerved around the corner and sped down the opposite road; the police flickered briefly in her view before leaving her to choke out her held mouthful of air. She smiled inwardly at the fact they had just missed their chance to catch the female whose capture was worth more than half of Gotham itself.

“What the, why are you-?” The masked hero grunted as he stood behind a blonde female who sat pulling at the frayed sleeves of a hospital gown.

As imitating an owl Ace through her neck straight back and spread tooth baring grin at the Batman who seemed paralyzed into a shocked state as he looked at the upside-down smile. She ran her tongue over her pale yellow teeth and blinked her eyes, which were covered in smeared black eye makeup, repeatedly – still keeping her ridiculous grin. It wasn’t just her eye makeup that was smudged, the whole face paint was blurred into one, leaving patches of her natural skin tone. Batman was snapped out of his trance as she began waving at him like a demonic china doll.

“Don’t even think about signing, Ace,” Cried Batman in a raspy voice, anger evident within the tone.

“Oh but you know I love to entertain Gotham’s flying rodent!” Ace taunted, swivelling her body to face him as he crouched closer to her.

“I’m giving you a chance to actually follow rules and listen for once, Ace,” Mumbled the Joker, glaring at her as she just grinned back before taking a large breath.

“If you're looking for trouble,
You came to the right place,
If you're looking for trouble,
Just look right in my face…” Ace sang at him with a straight face.

With one swift movement Ace flung her right leg forward, connecting with an armoured shin, as he looked down at his leg Ace brought her tightened fist to his mouth. Batman stumbled back a few steps and held the blood filled spit in his mouth but by the time he had gained himself Ace was no longer around.

Ace gasped for air as she sat on an old factory roof, she had always hated running, but sometimes in was more than necessary. Her hand bunched material together to try and absorb the open stitch wound. In an desperate attempt she snapped off a twig from the top of a nearby tree before piercing it through he flesh to hold the cut together better, the bark flaking slightly. The pain blinded Ace as she grasped around for something to cling onto, her nails scraped across some glass and through her blurred vision she noticed some boxes she could rest upon. Without hesitation she flung a loose roof tile at the already cracking window and slipped into the warehouse.

“I am seriously going to kill you one of these days,” One of the people in a group muttered as they hurled the boarded up factory doors ajar, the evening creeping up behind them.
♠ ♠ ♠
My apology but house hunting + coursework + writer's block left me no time or energy to write, so I stayed up late to make sure I got atleast one new one out.

I'm running out of ideas currently, any help? Do you want something around the 'family' side of Joker and Ace or do you want an explosion? Any ideas are great, I shall work them in no matter what.

Many, many, many thanks to sweet-tart, Ignorance and Secretive for the comments.

p.s. check out the new trailer for this story here (Personally I don't like the song, but opinions?)