Death's a Joke.

New Alibis.

“Boss, Ace knows, she knows the book has been taken,” Hissed a goon in pain as a stitch, from his marathon to the abandoned conference room, stabbed like an invisible knife.

The Joker’s eyebrow flickered up while a stern expression was etched onto his face. His tongue slithered out of his chapped lips before skimming over his scars as if imitating a snake. His lips opened and closed with a loud smack as he rolled his eyes around as if he was trying to find the right words. The goon took this as an indication to begin explaining.

“…Boss we’re talking about the Ace of Diamonds everyone knows if something happens, she’ll know. She’s the queen for most of the underdogs, she controls half of Gotham through it, the poor, the rich, the criminals, homeless, mafia, drug dealers…heck she’s even got control with some of the do-gooders and has people working uncover in the police – it’s like everyone is controlled by her and every crime seems to lead back. She harvests new alibis and criminals – preying on people like some twisted vulture. One of the officers must have informed her…” the goon rambled who had a single tuft of wispy hair, like a newborn child.

Ace’s slender fingers went to a pocket on the inside of her drenched trench coat before prising a thick wad of folded paper.

“You work for Bruce Wayne, hmm…an innocent character, living up to the false hopes of the ordinary life that you pathetic Gotham ‘saints’ follow. Now, I’m one of the most notorious villains to ever exist…so, what were you planning on doing with my criminal record book hmm, Jen? It just so happens that, right were my book was stolen lay these…” Ace taunted in a tone that sounded like a mother questioning a small child as she waved the paper in Jenny’s face.

Ace allowed the woman to take the paper and unfold it, the rain blurred the ink almost instantly however she had just enough time to read the name as the text began to flow off the paper.

“These were found on the floor were my book was taken. Hmm…very strange that it just so happens to be pages from the book that is about your ex-boyfriend, the criminal who is now behind bars. Do we have the next batman with us?” Snarled Ace, her teeth were sharp like fangs and her eyes glowed with anger yet a sense of amusement seemed to radiate off her, as if she found the whole thing humorous.

“I haven’t done anything Ace, why would I steal your book? Please don’t kill me, please I’ll do anything,” Cried back Jen her voice shaking out of fear and cold as her skin seemed to absorb the icy drops and cling to her bones.

Ace crinkled her nose in thought, deepening the scars that had she was famed for, as the years past they still sat vivid as if they were just made against her pale skin.

“Kill you? Hahaha, I don’t want to kill you, I want to change you, from what I remember you have a great mind…you have the potential of becoming a great criminal and I am willing to train you.” Hissed Ace into her ear, the blade tip pressed against Jenny’s throat.
♠ ♠ ♠
My mocks are finally over so I can know write again!

Comments are awesome, and sweet-tart is the most amazing reader I could ask for the thousand-th time, thank you so much!