Tell Me Everything

On My Own.

I sat, looking up at Zack, no idea what my face was revealing. I didn't know if talking was the best idea, since all I wanted to do was tell him how much liked, and how much I wanted to be together. I went opened my mouth, but before I could get any words out, I heard Jack's loud, bouncy voice.
"Okay, sorry, I forgot something inside. Are you ready to- Oh, Zack! Hey man!" he said.
"Hey." Zack answered, never taking his eyes off of me.
"Cor, you ready?" Jack asked; he almost seemed confused.
"Yeah. Let's go." I finally turned away from Zack's eyes.
"Cor.. Can I call you later?"
"Yeah, I guess. You have my number." I answered as Jack got in the car. "Bye."
I crouched in my seat as Jack pulled out of the drive way. He turned to give me a questioning look, but I avoid eye contact, afraid of what he would say. But, of course, Jack was always one for speaking his mind, regardless.
"Sooooo..." he looked at me one last time before continuing. "What's going on, baby girl?"
"What do you mean, Jacky Jack?" I asked, playing dumb.
"Oh shut up. Cora. We seriously need to talk." He said as we pulled into my house.
"About?"
"Zack. You know that."
Oh no. Here came one of Jack's long winded lectures about not getting raped. I didn't know if I could handle it right this second. All I really wanted to do was sleep.
"Cora, baby girl. Zack is a really sweet guy. I know he could make you happy. Happier than Mason. I don't understand why you're with him. He's not a good boyfriend. Even I see it. You're practically head over heals for Zack and he-" Jack stopped mid-sentence and looked at me. "Baby girl." he whispered.
I wipe a few tears that had fallen, turned away from Jack, and got out of the car. I didn't want to hear this.
I didn't understand why I was crying. Nothing Jack had said could be taken offensively. Maybe it was because some part of me knew he was right. But I was so scared. Mason was, well, more like could be difficult. When things went wrong or we fought, he had a temper, and it was not something I wanted to bring out if it wasn't necessary. After the last incident....

******

I was crying. I didn't meant things to go like this. I really didn't. I wanted out of the house. No, I needed out of the house. I cringed as I heard something crash against the wall, then fall to floor.
"How the hell am I supposed to believe you now, Cora? Huh?" Mason screamed angrily at me.
"You don't understand! God, please, just let me explain!" Mason had walked in when Alex and I were hugging. We had just finished talking about everything I was confused about in life. When he hugged me, he kissed me on the cheek, and I guess that's when Mason walked in.
"No! You don't get the right to explain anything to me!" he walked closer to me. I cried harder.
"But it's not what you think!" I sank into the floor, terrified. "We were just talking. I was upset, Mason, and he was trying to help! Please!" More things crashed and banged.
"Get up." he growled.
I just let out a whimper, scared be the anger in his voice. He grab my arm when I didn't stand up, and yanked me to my feet. More tears fell as he pulled me closer to him, tightening his grip on my arm.
"Don't let it happen again." he said, releasing my arm and letting me fall to the floor. I looked up only to see the front door slam, and with that, he was gone.

*****
I laid on my bed, crying at the memory. That was only a week ago. The hand shaped bruise on my arm was still noticeable. I hadn't told anyone though. Not even Jack. If he knew he'd kill Mason.
My phone rang, startling me. I looked at the caller ID, and answered after a moment of hesitation.
"Hello?"
"Hey, baby. Let's hang out, okay?"
"Alright."
...I couldn't tell anyone. I was on my own.
♠ ♠ ♠
Oh my gosh! This took forever. Sorry. :[ But I'll def try to get the next chapter up faster if you guys like it.