Somebody else's arms

Chapter Four

Chapter 4

Brendon

Too soon there was a knock on the bathroom door.
“Darling, are you okay?” Ryan’s worried voice reached me even through the sobs.
“Almost”, I whispered, only realizing after that of course Ryan wouldn’t be able to hear it.
“Bren, let me in, please.” The voice was pleading now, and soft. It was strange how much the voice of the one you loved could hurt you so much.
“Wait a minute”, I managed to say and got up from the floor. I walked in front of the mirror on top of the sink and gazed at my reflection. I looked horrible, simply said. There was no way that Ryan would believe me if I said I hadn’t been crying.

I splashed some cold water on my face and then went to open the door.
“Brendon what’s wrong?” Ryan asked instantly, as he saw me. It wasn’t hard to read the shocked expression on his face.
“I…I don’t know. I’ve been feeling really weird lately”, I mumbled, trying to skip answering the question.
“Why haven’t u told me anything? I’ve been so worried”, Ryan admitted. Of course I knew he has been worried. That’s one of the reasons why I feet so terrible.
“I don’t know”, I said again, and sank back onto the floor. Ryan sat down next to me and gently wrapped his arms around me.
“Don’t worry baby, everything will be okay”, he said soothingly and for a minute I believed that he was right. If someone could fix things for me it would be Ryan.
“Thanks, I really hope so. I love you so much”, I admitted with a little sigh.
“I love you too”, Ryan whispered softly. I moved closer to him and wrapped my arms around him. Everything would be okay, I told myself. It was easy to believe it too, while I sat here in Ryan’s arms.

The next morning I woke up in Ryan’s arms again. I turned to smile at him when I heard a question that I had been dreading.
“Bren, do you think you could get us backstage tickets at the concert?” Ryan’s puppy eyes were quite irresistible. But this would be a dangerous risk. It could ruin everything. Though, if it didn’t, then it would make Ryan extra happy, and that was pretty much all I wanted.
“I can try”, I promised.
“Try hard”, he said and winked at me, before he untangled his body out of my grasp and got out of bed.
“My turn to shower first”, he called over his shoulder as he grabbed his towel and headed for the bathroom. “Unless you want to join me.” Of course I did. Giggling I grabbed my own towel and rushed into the bathroom.

Ryan

“I’m so excited”, I said happily, while tapping my fingers on the steering wheel, in beat with some random song that was playing on the radio.
“Me too. It’s going to be cool seeing them live”, Brendon exclaimed, flashing me a smile. There was something weird about his smile, somehow it looked a little fake. I ignored that though. Come on, this was Brendon’s favorite band. Obviously he would be excited.
“Thanks for getting us the tickets, really”, Brendon spoke again. This time his smile was much more genuine and I had to smile back at him.
“It was no trouble. Anything for you babe”, I said and winked at him. A blushing Brendon was almost too cute.

The club was packed with people, even though the concert wasn’t due to start yet.
“Let’s go to the front”, I requested and tugged Brendon’s hand. He mumbled something about preferring the back of the club, but followed me anyway.

The first few hours passed by quickly, while we waited for My Chemical Romance to hit the stage, and listened to the warm up bands that weren’t actually that bad. Finally a short man in a black suit walked on stage and made the announcement that everyone had been waiting for. One by one the members of My Chemical Romance walked on stage, starting with Ray and ending with Gerard, of course.
“Welcome to all of you, we’re happy that you’re here with us tonight”, Gerard screamed into the microphone and everyone went crazy, literally. It was quite hectic and only became worse when they actually started playing.

It was hard to hear the words through all the screaming but I knew their songs well enough to pick out which one it was.
“Vampires Will Never Hurt You”, I mumbled to myself. No one else would’ve heard me anyway, no matter how hard I would’ve shouted. Plus, I was quite sure that everyone there knew it themselves anyway. The atmosphere in the club was amazing. Everyone was dancing and jumping and clearly having a great time. So was I. Brendon was clinging onto my hand and the music was awesome, what else can you ask?

In the middle of their third song I finally noticed that something weird was going on.
“Why is Frank looking at you like that?” I asked Brendon, quite confused. Sure they were friends, but friends didn’t stare at each other like that. At least I didn’t think they did. Brendon didn’t appear to hear me so I tugged at his sleeve.
“What is Frank doing?” I screamed into his ear and then watched as a shocked expression crept over his face. He quickly turned to look at Frank, the eye contact lasted for less than a second, but it looked very disturbing anyway. What was going on? Was there something here that I was missing?
“Brendon what exactly is there between you and Frank?” I phrased my third question, aware of the alarming fact that he hadn’t yet answered any of them.
♠ ♠ ♠
Fourth one here... Could I please ask for a favor from you guys? I would like to know how many people are still reading this, so could you please put even the tiniest comment here, even if its only like a "I read" or whatever. Thank you! :)