Two Worlds Collide

Chapter 16

“So um… WHAT ARE WE GOING TO DO!?” I screamed at Nick. We had been sitting here “talking” for the past 10 minutes and we haven’t gone anywhere.

“I have a plan just trust me. I know we aren’t dating but can we go out to dinner tonight? I promise this will help the rumor situation. You just have to promise that you will go along with it.”

I groaned, “Fine.”

“Alright. Get ready and we can leave at about eight so in a little bit under an hour,” Nick said as he got up to leave the room and I got ready.

By 7:45 I was ready in a dress and pumps. I walked out of my room to find Nick in a black tux with a white shirt and black bow tie.

“You ready?” Nick asked as he opened the suite door.

“Yep.” I walked out and he followed me.

“Wait,” Nick stopped causing me to stop too, “um here you will need this.” He took the promise ring out of his pocket.

“Why do I need to wear this?” I asked with an obvious attitude as I slid it on my finger.

“Because the press knows that you had it before the break up and if you don’t have it tonight they will know that we did break up. We are trying to keep them from thinking that we broke up at all,” Nick explained and continued to walk to the elevator and I followed.

Once we got down to the lobby we waited about five minutes for our limo to arrive.

“I know you hate me but once we get outside you have to act like we are still dating so you are going to have to let me at least hold your hand.”

“Whatever Nick,” I groaned once again. I guarantee there is another way to keep the press from saying stuff without us doing this.

Finally the limo arrived and we got in ignoring the paparazzi (Nick claims it was a part of the plan.)

“The restaurant is about an hour away,” Nick said trying to make small talk after being in the car for at least ten minutes.

“Oh.”

“Jazmin I know you hate me but is all the attitude really necessary?”

“Nicholas I know you broke up with me but is the innocent act really necessary?” I asked mockingly.

“I guess I deserved that.”

“No. Really?” I asked with a very sarcastic tone.

Nick sighed deeply, “Over the past few days all we have done is argued and avoided each other. Now we are going to be in a car alone for an hour so let’s talk.”

“About what? How you broke up with me or how you want me to act like nothing happened?”

“Jazmin seriously I am sorry. I didn’t mean what I said I was just so shocked I couldn’t think. Do you really think I would intentionally hurt you?”

“No,” I mumbled under my breath.

“When you told them about that dream I thought you didn’t love me and you were only my girlfriend because you felt bad for me or something. I didn’t think about the possibility that you were only seven. I’m sorry and I don’t know how many times I can say that but I hate seeing you mad at me.”

“Well Nick I hate to say it but YOU BROKE UP WITH ME! I HAVE THE FRICKIN' RIGHT TO BE A LITTLE PISSED!” I screamed. I needed to get that point across.

DON’T YOU THINK I FEEL BAD? I AM TIRED OF YOU THINKING THAT THIS SITUATION IS JUST AFFECTING YOU BECAUSE GUESS WHAT IT’S NOT!” Nick replied making me furious.

“Wait, wait, wait, wait, wait, wait, wait! Who said that I think this is only affecting me? Nick I know this is affecting you but YOU are the idiot that broke up with ME not the other way around. So stop acting like a self-centered dick head and leave me alone. I don’t want to go out with you anymore so don’t try to fix things because if you haven’t noticed you are only making things worse,” I stopped yelling and I crossed my arms.

Nick mumbled something and then turned to look out the window.

“What was that?” I asked.

“Nothing.”

“You obviously said something so just man up and say it.”

Nick turned to me, “You know what Jazmin I said 'I am sorry that I am trying to fight for the only girl I have ever loved', but forget it! I am tired of your attitude! I don’t even know why I am helping you right now because it is quite obvious that my help isn’t wanted! Allie was wrong you don’t love me so I should stop trying!”

I looked at Nick and asked softly, “Allie told you I love you?”

“Yeah but what does it matter? You don’t so just forget it.” Nick looked back out the window.

“Nick,” I said as I placed my hand on his shoulder.

He shrugged my hand off, “Don’t touch me.”

“Nick please let’s start over. This conversation got out of hand.”

Nick turned back to me, “Fine… do you still love me?”

I laughed a little, “Great way to start over.”

“Jazmin I am serious right now, do you still love me? I want the honest to God truth.”

“Nick you are making this hard.”

“Jazmin stop avoiding the question.”

I rolled my eyes, “The honest to God truth is… I still love you. Happy?”

“Are you just saying that to make me happy?”

“Nicholas Jerry Jonas, don’t forget that I still hate you, why would I be trying to make you happy?”

“Good point but if you hate me so much then why do you still love me?” Nick sounded so confused it was somewhat cute. I can’t be thinking like this.

“Because, have you even heard of the Jonas charm?” I asked making the both of us chuckle quietly.

“You do know I do love you and never meant to hurt you right? Like I am not just saying that to be saying it.”

I looked down, “I know, I’m just not ready to take you back yet.” I turned back to Nick, “but you will never be able to stop loving your first love no matter what happens.”

The next thing I knew Nick had crashed his lips into mine full force. His arms snaked around my body pulling me closer to him. I tried to push away but he wouldn’t let me. “Don’t… pull… away.” Nick said through the kiss.

I finally stopped fighting and just gave in. Being in his arms was something I missed dearly. I still hate him but that stupid Jonas charm. Once you catch the love bug it stays with you forever… but this does NOT mean that we are back together.
♠ ♠ ♠
Jazmin's dress and pumps

comment please! and read Peace, Love, Jonas,