Two Worlds Collide

Chapter 25

Today is Mother’s Day and we just finished dinner so everyone is giving gifts right now. So far Joe got Mom a gift card to a spa, Frankie and Nick got her a shower set from Bath and Body works. Dad got her a necklace and matching bracelet. Allie, Lauren, and I got her an outfit and matching bag. The only person left was Kevin and Dani and that was because they insisted on going last.

“Alright we have saved the best for last,” Kevin started. “This is for you.” He handed her a card. How is a card better than what everyone else got her?

“Kev I think our gifts were somewhat… I don’t know… better,” Joe said with his arms crossed.

“I definitely got her the best present.” Kevin smiled and sat back down next to Dani, “Go on Mom open it.”

“Ok, ok,” she said as she slowly opened the envelope and then the card. As soon as she opened the card so looked confused then started… crying?

“God Kevin what did you give her? You are supposed to make her happy,” Joe asked and we all looked at him.

“Kevin! Danielle!” She got up and hugged both of them leaving us all confused.

“What are we missing?” Allie asked.

“Paul we are going to be Grandparents!” She ran over to Dad and showed him the card or whatever was in it.

“Wait, what!?” Nick and Joe asked.

“Dani is having a baby.” Kevin said with a huge glowing smile.

Everyone’s mouths just dropped. “WE ARE GOING TO BE UNCLES!?” Nick, Joe, and Frankie screamed.

“… and an aunt.” Allie said with a smile.

“Yes and yes the baby should be here around Christmas. I’m about 2 ½ months along so we don’t know what the sex is but we are positive we are having a baby,” Danielle explained with a smile and Allie and I got up and hugged her.

“We are so happy for you,” Allie and I said, “Oh and it has to be a girl. We need a new shopping buddy.” We both smirked then went to Kevin.

“Aw our little Kevo is growing up!” Joe said with a huge smile, “I’m happy for you man.”

“We are too,” pretty much everyone else in the room said.

“I hate to ruin the moment but me and the Mommy-To-Be have something planned for tonight so we will see you guys when we get back.” Kevin and Danielle walked out the back door and to the guesthouse.

“JAZI I AM GOING TO BE AN UNCLE!” Nick screamed as picked me up and spun me around. “I’m so excited!”

“I don’t believe Kevin is going to have a baby,” Dad said with a fatherly smile, “It feels like just yesterday he was a baby himself.”

“Um Dad Kev is 23. That would have been a lot of yesterdays ago,” Frankie said like Joe would have.

I nudged Nick, “Spend more time with Frankie he is starting to act like Joe.”
♠ ♠ ♠
I am going to add another chapter in a bit cause this one is so short.