Status: Inactive

Breaking Their Hold

Mr. Doyle? Johnny?

I grumbled as I made my way to my first period.

The damn van that dropped us off came late, and I knew that the bell had already rung. Not like I cared too much. I just hated how people would stare, as you walked into a room.

I knew no one could help it. It was almost like a reflex, and I admit doing it from time to time.. But it made me nervous, like they were all judging me in their heads.

Not like I cared, but I just didn't like being judge. Well, not if they weren't going to tell me. I wanted to know what people thought of me, whether it was bad or good.

I opened the door and to my surprise, there was no one in the room. Well, no one but Mr. Doyle.

He was reading a rather large book at his desk. He looked up at me, and he grinned. I felt confused at once.

His grin would usually cause my heart to go crazy. It would make my face flush red. It would cause butterflies to go absolutely crazy in the pit of my stomach.

But this time...

Nothing was happening.

I didn't even blush. There weren't butterflies going crazy in my stomach. My heart was beating fast at all.

For a moment there, I completely forgot that Mr. Doyle was utterly gorgeous. His short brown hair didn't look as perfect as it did every other time I saw him. His blue eyes weren't shining like they used to.

What was wrong with me?

"Hello, Jasmine. I see that you're late." Mr. Doyle said. I nodded.

Even his voice sounded a bit off today. Was there something different about him today? Was he sick? Is that why his voice sounded different to me?

"Something wrong, Jasmine. You look confused," Mr. Doyle said.

Well, at least his observations were still right on the spot.

I shook my head. I was most definitely confused at this point. There had to be something different about him.

"Are you sick, Mr. Doyle?" I asked.

My voice sounded shaken, and he gave me a weird look.

I, even, called him "Mr. Doyle". I never called him that before, yet his name just rolled off of my tongue so easily.

"No, I'm perfectly healthy. Why? Do I look sick?" He asked.

I shook my head. He didn't look sick at all, but that just confused me even more. There had to be something different about him. Or maybe it was me?

I'm not exactly sure how that could be true. I mean, I still thought he was cute, but that's where it ended. Cute, like a puppy.

I heard the door open behind me, and I jumped. Why was I so damn jumpy right now? Nothing would ever make me jump like that before.

"I see you're late as well, Johnny." Mr. Doyle said smiling.

I turned around quickly.

Johnny.

He had a black shirt that was almost too tight on him, but it fitted him perfectly. His black pants were loosely fitted on him. His shoes were Chuck Taylors that had shoelaces that didn't match. His big black mohawk was standing up straight.

Oh no.

My heart was beating faster. I could feel the heat rising to my cheeks. I felt my feet awkwardly moving. My fingers moved up to my hair, twirling the strands.

What the hell was wrong with me?

Nothing like this was suppose to be happening. Not while I was looking at Johnny. Johnny was the guy I hated the most. He was suppose to be vile and horrid.

"Eh, I heard there was an meeting for freshman in the cafeteria, so I came late today." Johnny said shrugging.

So that's where everyone else was.

"So what's Jazz doing here? We're you two having a secret make out session?" Johnny asked.

"No," I said angrily. I wasn't exactly sure why, but Johnny thinking that made me so angry.

"No need to get your panties in a bunch," Johnny said laughing. I rolled my eyes.

I sat down at a random desk, and I pounded my head against it twice. I needed that really bad.

"So you two can stay in here. They're just talking about classes you have to take to go to college," Mr. Doyle said. Johnny scoffed loudly.

"College," he muttered.

I lifted my head slowly. I never really thought of my future. It never really passed through my mind. I guess I wasn't even sure of what I could be.

"What? Do you two not want to go to college or something?" Mr. Doyle asked. "No," Johnny said quickly. I couldn't really come up with an answer.

"I'm not sure," I said truthfully. I never thought about college once.

"You should find out, Jasmine. College would give you lots of opportunities." Mr. Doyle said. I shrugged.

What could college do for me? How could I even get into a college, in the first place anyways?

College wasn't even the thing that was on my mind right now.

All I could do was stare at the boy before me.