Status: Inactive

Breaking Their Hold

Not Intellectual At All

I decided to walk to school today. I didn't want to bother dealing with anyone right now. They would just piss me off right now.

I huffed as I finally got to my locker. I opened it up quickly, and I nearly died.

What the fuck was this shit doing in my locker?

"What the hell," I whispered.

There were flowers in my locker. There were roses in my locker. There were yellow roses in my locker.

I just stood there, wondering what they were doing in my locker.

A card caught my eye, and I grabbed it. The card was white with a gold outline.

Just wanted to say I'm sorry.

Johnny


I quickly grabbed the flowers, and I threw them into the nearest trash can. I didn't want his fucking roses.

That's not what I wanted. I wasn't even sure what I wanted, but I wanted Johnny to do it.

As soon as the flowers were in the trash, I felt bad. Johnny did pay money for them. He was just trying to say he was sorry too.

I shook my head, and I walked to first period.

I knew that Johnny had this class with me, but I knew that I wasn't gonna even pay attention to me. I had to act like he was dead to me.

As soon as I walked into the room, I saw Mr. Doyle. He gave me a small smile.

"So there's my favorite student," he said happily. I smiled at him.

While he was no longer the man of my dreams, he could still be the man that I thought was very nice-looking.

"Hello, Mr. Doyle." I said. I sat down in one of the middle seats, not wanting Johnny to be
anywhere near me.

"So where have you gone?" Mr. Doyle asked. I shrugged.

"Here and there," I said, smiling. He rolled his eyes.

"Well, make sure that you're only here from now on," he said. I smirked.

"Did you miss me, teacher?" I asked. He rolled his eyes again.

"You're lucky that I like you or else you'd be getting detention. Especially since you skipped out on the one you were supposed to be sharing with everyone else in this school," he said.

"It's not like you actually expected me to go to it anyways," I muttered. Mr. Doyle laughed.

"I guess so, but I was rather hoping that you would behave for once."

"I'm behaving right now, aren't I?" I asked, smirking still. "Well, I'd prefer it, if you weren't so smug about it."

I nearly screamed, when the class door slammed open.

Gates was standing in the doorway. His face was red, and he looked fuming mad. He was trying to catch his breath, and his were on his stomach.

"What the fuck did he do now?" Gates asked in between breaths. I smiled at him.

He was probably one of the best friends I would ever have the pleasure of having in my life. He was almost as good as Desiree.

I bit down on my lip.

Desiree

How did I manage not to think of her more often? I missed her so much. When did I stop thinking about her daily? When was she not the only thing on my mind? When did I betray her?

"He didn't do much," I muttered. "Fuck, he did!" Gate yelled. I smiled.

"He didn't do anything that wasn't new, Gates. I just asked him why he did what he did, and he didn't say what I wanted to hear." I said simply.

Gates stared at me a while, before he walked over to me. He placed one of his hands on my cheek.

"If he makes you cry, tell me. I'll fuck up his face for you." Gates whispered. "Don't worry; I think I can do that on my own." I whispered back to him.

This caused Gates to smile.

"You're like the little sister I never had!" He yelled, grabbing my head, hugging it tightly.

Now I don't know if you ever had someone hug your damn head, but it's rather awkward. Gates was squeezing tight, and it was making me squirm, laughing the whole time.

"Brian, let go of the poor girl." I heard Mr. Doyle say.

Gates let go of me, but he decided to ruffle my hair some. I pouted.

My hair probably looked more like shit than it did, when I got here.

"You're just protecting her 'cause you love her," Gates said. I rolled my eyes.

Could he be anymore juvenile? I swore only five year-olds said something like that.

"I'm being protective over her because she's a student of mine that hasn't been attending class for a while now, and I would appreciate it, if you didn't send her to the hospital." Mr. Doyle said, smug.

Gates seemed to think a while, before he shrugged.

"Huh, I guess you're right," he said, smiling.

He gave up that quickly? He was sad.

"Now are you just a little protective of her because she's so fucking adorable?" Gates asked.

I sighed. I guessed wrong. He wasn't done just yet.

I really began to doubt Gates now. Why was he picking an intellectual argument with someone that was obviously smarter than himself? Well, the argument was slightly intellectual, more on Mr. Doyle's side.

"Brian, you really do have a bad sense of humor." Mr. Doyle said, smiling. "I think it's you that has a bad one, Jeff." Gates said.

Why did this all start again?

"I think you think she's hot." Gates said. "I think she's a fourteen year-old child that shouldn't be thought of like that," Mr. Doyle said.

I raised an eyebrow.

Were they ever gonna stop?

I had hoped that Mr. Doyle would've put Gates in his place by now.

"The bell's about to ring, sir. I think you should go to your own class room now," Mr. Doyle said.

Gates' eyes shot up to the clock.

"Shit," he mumbled.

Gates pointed at Mr. Doyle.

"I'll be back," he said happily.

Mr. Doyle groaned. I began to think that Mr. Doyle wasn't as big of a Gates fan as I was.

"Bye, Jazz!" Gates said, running out the door.

"He's so unbearable," Mr. Doyle muttered. "You'll get used to him," I said cheerfully.

My eyes went back to the class room door as people started to fill the room up.

I saw Johnny. He tried to wave at me, but I just continued to talk with Mr. Doyle. It was gonna be this way for a while now.
♠ ♠ ♠
So Syn just got into some weird debate with Mr. Doyle. I just added that mostly for awkward moment laughs for myself. So I hope you didn't mind it too much. But comment! :D