Faith

Chapter 6

Vera’s P.O.V:

Stuck in the room
Of staring faces
Yeah
I'm caught in a nightmare
Can't wake up
If you hear my cry, running through her streets
I'm about to freak
Come and res—

“HEY!” I shouted. I was listening to the Jonas Brothers when suddenly someone pulled my earphones. It turned out to be Avan. Obviously it would be Avan. It wouldn’t be a stranger would it? “That was my favourite part you dumbass!” I hit Avan on the shoulder. Wow, I think I’ve hit him a lot this past few days.
“Oww, that hurt!” Avan whined and rubbed his shoulders to soothe the pain. “Do you know, you’ve been hitting me a lot lately?” Avan asked. Whoa, did he read my mind or something? “And I care why?” I asked. He just mumbled whatever and went to the toilet. He pulled my earphones for nothing. Lovely.
Well, there’s nothing much to say. Mum didn’t send us to the airport. She had a business dinner or something like that. This sucks, I have nothing to do inside this freaking plane. When are we going to arrive?

“Attention to all passengers, please wear your seatbelt. We would be landing shortly. I repeat, attention to all passengers, please wear your seatbelt. We would be landing shortly. Please and thank you” the stewardess said through the intercom. Thank you god.

Avan rushed to his seat beside me and put on his seatbelt. We have nothing to say to each other so we just waited for the plane to land. After the plane landed, Avan took out my stuff from the compartment above and gave it to me. I said my thanks and trailed after him. When I step my foot outside, the chilly wind made me shiver. It’s quite cold here, luckily I brought my jacket. I put on my jacket and held Avan’s arm.

I told Avan to wait for the bags while I went to the toilet. Making my way to the toilet, I bumped into a lot of people and mumbled my apologies. I went inside the toilet and looked in the mirror. Damn, I look horrible, I thought to myself. I took out a brush from my bag and comb my hair. I put my hair up into a ponytail and walked out from the toilet.

In attempt to look for Avan, I accidentally bumped into someone. “Crap, I’m going to fall” I thought to myself. I was anticipating the fall but, it never came. I felt someone holding my waist and I looked up.
The first thing that I saw was deep brown eyes. His eyes were so mesmerizing that I was captivated. “Are you alright miss?” the stranger asked. He had a very deep and smooth voice. He let go of me and I snapped out of my daze. “Err, yeah. I’m fine, thanks” I turned a light shade of pink. Did I mention, I tend to get shy around strangers? I looked up and check the guy in front of me out. He has dark brown messy hair that fell over his eyes, dark brown eyes and a perfectly sculpted facial structure. That guy is absolutely gorgeous.

I blushed harder at that thought. “By the way, I’m Tyler” said the mysterious guy holding out his hand for me to shake. “Hi, I’m Ve-“ I was cut off when my brother grabbed my hand. “There you are! You had me worried, I was looking everywhere for you!” Avan said in a rush. “Oh, Hi?” Avan waved at Tyler, just realizing that he was standing there. “And you are?” Tyler asked , not rudely but curiously. “I’m Tyler” Tyler said and held out his hand for him to shake. Avan shook his hand , turned to me and said “ Come on, we have to go the car’s waiting”.

I nodded and wrapped my arms around his . “It was nice meeting you Tyler” Avan said and we walked away. While walking, I turned my head to look at Tyler and I saw him staring at me. I smiled at him and he replied with giving me a heart melting smile of his own. I turned around and walked out of the airport with Avan.

“So, who was that guy back there?” Avan asked curiously.
“I don’t know, I didn’t have the time to introduce myself.” I replied and shrugged my shoulder. Avan quirk his eyebrow at me and I sighed. “ I ran into him, and I would’ve fall if he didn’t catch me. Happy?” I explained. “Ecstatic” Avan smiled sarcastically. Avan lead me to a black Rolls Royce Phantom, my eyes were practically bulging out. “It’s nice to meet you Master Lancaster, Miss Lancaster” said a man, probably around 60 with a smile. I took and immediate liking towards him. He reminds me of Bruce Wayne’s butler, Alfred. “My name is Alfred and I will be your escort, driver, tour guide basically your personal assistants” he said. What do you know, they even have the same name.

We introduced ourselves and insist Alfred calling us our names, not that Miss and master crap. “So Alfred, are you going to drive us everywhere we want?” I asked. “Your mother has bought each of you a car of your own to drive wherever you want to go, but if you want me to drive you, I shall offer you my service” Alfred answered with his British accent.

“Awesome! Where’s the car?” Avan asked. He was practically jumping up and down out of excitement. “Well Master Lancaster, it is right here” Alfred turned around and showed us two brand new cars. Avan’s jaw dropped and it seem like he is trying to form a sentence, but failing. I smirked at him and walk towards the cars. He was walking slowly and still trying to form a sentence but failing.

“I’m taking the Mustang” I announced. I looked at the car and smiled in appreciation. I got to admit though, mum has good taste in cars. My car was the new 2010 grey Mustang. It is absolutely gorgeous. It looked like Avan like his car too, a granite Bentley Continental GT Speed. I whistled, nice choice mum.
“So, would the both of you like to drive on your own?” Alfred asked with a knowing smile. “Heck yes! Lead the way Alfred” We answered together and jumped inside our chosen vehicles at the same time.

There’s a reason why we were called twins.