Lost in This Moment With You

9

August’s pov

After sitting outside for another half hour, I walked back inside. I threw my now empty water bottle in the trash and walked into the living room. Dakota was sitting on the couch and Kay was sleeping there with her head on his lap. Her mascara was going down her face.

“Has she been crying,” I asked quietly.

He hesitantly nodded.

“Oh my God what happened,” I asked as I sat on the arm of the chair next to him.

“She slept with Joe,” he growled after a few hesitant seconds.

“Oh Kay,” I sighed.

I rubbed my forehead in frustration.

“What did he do to get her so upset? Ditch her afterwards,” I asked.

“Worse; he slept with her, told her he loved her and found out his girlfriend was waiting down here for him,” he spat.

“That bastard has a girlfriend and he didn’t tell her,” I hissed.

“He’s such a prick. She definitely doesn’t deserve that,” he barked.

“Poor Kay,” I sighed.

“So how are you with Nick staying here and all,” he asked.

“There’s nothing I can really do about it,” I shrugged.

“So he knows about the kids,” he asked.

I nodded.

“Does he want custody,” he asked.

“I don’t know; hopefully not. Even if he does, its kind of my fault; I’m the one who let him get me pregnant,” I sighed.

“Why did you give up your virginity to him August,” he asked.

“I loved him Dakota; I still do. I guess that’s why I’m being kind of lenient with him and the kids,” I shrugged.

“You deserve way better than him August. You shouldn’t be hung up on him,” he sighed.

“Who do I deserve then?”

He stayed silent at that. We stared at each other for a few seconds before I noticed that he began leaning in. I stayed still, stunned at what was bound to happen. Dakota’s eyes fluttered shut before I felt his lips press gently against mine. He pulled away after a few seconds. I stared at him, bewildered. He opened his mouth to speak, but one of the twins beat him to it with their crying.

“I…uh…you know,” I stuttered before getting up and bounding up the steps.

What the hell was that about?

I walked into mine and Kay’s room, since Dakota occupied my room, and grabbed the wailing Haley. I changed her diaper and cradled her as I sat in the rocking chair. I rocked her to sleep, humming softly. Once she was asleep, I looked up and saw Dakota leaning against the door frame.

“You really are a great mother,” he commented.

I smiled lightly and stood up, careful not to wake Haley. I placed her in her crib and turned back around. Dakota was standing behind me. I let out a shaky breath and placed a hand on his chest as he advanced towards me. He grabbed my hand and pressed a kiss to my palm. I looked up into his lust clouded eyes. Before I knew it, Dakota had leant down and pressed his lips to mine again. He pulled away when I didn’t kiss back.

Oh hell, I haven’t been with a man in over a year!

I grabbed the back on his neck and pulled him down to me. I roughly pressed my lips to his and tangled my fingers in his black hair. After a passionate make out session, I lightly pushed him away and grabbed his hand. I led him out of the room and into his room. He shut the door behind and tightly gripped my hips. He pressed his lips to mine, rolling his tongue in my mouth. Moaning lightly, I grabbed the bottom of his shirt and lifted it up. We pulled away to remove our shirts. He kissed me again and skillfully unbuttoned my shorts. I shimmied out of them and unbuckled his belt. I pulled it out of the loops and dropped it to the floor. I pushed his jeans down and he stepped out of them. He pulled me closer to him and I moaned, feeling his erection against me. Smirking, he lifted me up and I wrapped my legs around his waist. He walked backwards fell forward on the bed with me on top of him.

“You’re so beautiful,” he commented as his hands traveled every crevice of my body.

Smiling, my hands traveled down to his boxers. I was about to remove them when the door opened. I pushed Dakota off and sat up as Nick walked in.

“August can we talk,” he asked before looking up.

His eyes widened. Sighing, he just shook his head at me.

“Nick,” I sighed.

“I can’t believe you,” he muttered.

I looked down at my lap, ashamed.

“Sorry,” I muttered.

“Just don’t,” he said, before walking out.

“August,” Dakota sighed after a few awkwardly silent minutes.

“Just don’t Dakota,” I sighed before standing up and pulling on my clothes.

***

“So what’s this bitch’s name,” I asked Kay hours later as we ate dinner in the kitchen.

“Abby,” she muttered as she pulled at her hair.

“Sounds like a slut,” I muttered.

“She is. God I can’t believe I was so stupid to sleep with him,” she groaned, covering her face with her hands,

I opened my mouth to say something when Nick and Joe came in through the back door.

“Ladies,” Joe nodded as he walked past us.

“Kay,” Nick greeted as he walked by.

“Hey,” she muttered.

He tossed an envelope on the table in front of me as he walked by. I heard him quickly jog up the stairs and slam his door shut behind him.

“What’s that,” Kay asked.

I shrugged and opened it. I pulled out the papers and read over them.

“That son of a bitch,” I gasped.

“What,” Kay asked.

“He’s suing for full custody of the kids,” I barked.
♠ ♠ ♠
Damn...