Lost in This Moment With You

10

~~The next morning~~

(August's POV)

I woke up to a saturated pillow and Kay laying next to me.

Yesterday was now a blur to me, I was just too upset to even try and remember what went on.

I got out of my bed, leaving Kay tucked in under the covers, and traveled into the kitchen only to find Kevin sitting down at the table.

"Morning." He said to me as I pulled out a cup and got some coffee.

"Morning.." I tried to talk but my throat was dry and cracking.

It soon became awkward because neither of us knew what to say after all the drama that's went down.

"Well, I'm going to go out. See ya." Kevin finally spoke, breaking the tension.

"Alright. Bye." I said, quietly, as if to myself.

As Kevin was leaving, Dakota grudgly walked in.

My eyes opened wide as I turned opposite from him, remembering yesterday. I dont even know why that happened. I don't know why I let that happen. Dakota and I are friends. Just friends. I love him, but not in that way. I cant even bare to look at him, I feel too embarrassed. I don't even want to tell Kay. She'll freak out. Plus, she has her own problems.

"August...about yesterday..." Dakota started talking.

One of the twins started crying.

Thank god!

I walked upstairs and into the twins' room to find Nick there.

Oh god. Here we go again.

I comforted Demetri as Nick cradled Haley in his arms.

"Nick. You don't have to be here. I can handle it..." I said quietly and quickly.

"Oh don't play Super Mom with me. I'm done with your bullshit."

"Play Super Mom? What the hell are you talking about! I had to be a mother and a father as you traveled the world being pampered and having freedom! I had to be "Super Mom" because you didn't give a shit." I yelled, knowing my face was turning red and hot.

"Oh yeah, I'm sure. You're hard life. I bet your "friend" Dakota helped you out with alot of things."

"What the hell? I we've never done anything. Yesterday was a mistake!"

"Yeah, okay. And about your drinking? You drink in front of the kids? I know that Kay does." He screamed back at me, getting all pumped up.

"One or two glasses, maybe. I needed a drink because I was doing everything by myself! And I don't bring Kay in this!" I screamed at the top of my lungs, knowing that everyone in the house hears us.

"This conversation is over." I layed Demetri back down and stormed out.

I calmed myself as I walked back down stairs. I grabbed a pair of jeans, a shirt and towel and walked into the bathroom. I took a nice, relaxing hot shower. I walked back out, into mine and Kay's room, looking at Kay as she just stared at me.

"You had sex with Dakota?" She just stared at me, chewing gum.

"No." I dryed my hair out with the towel.

"Dakota says you guys did yesterday."

"Close to it, but no we didn't."

"What the fuck is wrong with you?" Kay yelled at me.

"Excuse me? What is wrong with me? What is wrong with you! You slept with your ex!" I yelled at her, not knowing why she is so pissed.

"Sorry. I didn't mean to yell at you. It's not my business. I'm just really fucked up today."

"I know. Tell me about it. Got any ciggerates?" I asked.

"August Smith? Asking me for ciggerates? I've been waiting for this day all my life!" Kay laughed and handed me one.

I sat down on the bed next to her.

As I sat down, someone entered our room.

I looked up to see it was Nick who threw a piece of paper that landed in my lap.

"Court is tomorrow." He stated and walked out.

All I felt like doing was crying, but sadly I had no tears left to cry.

Kay and I just sat there in a few moments of silence.

"You just had to wonder onto that bus...."I spoke as the words filled the room...