I'll Show You My World

Daily Dollar

I didn't work on Saturdays, but I still woke up just as early as when I do. I just couldn't sleep. My mind just couldn't stop replaying the events that had happened that day.

I got up out of bed and walked to the bathroom in a daze. I washed my face and fixed my hair. It was always a horrible rat's nest when I woke up; even though it was cut short and easy to manage. Sometimes my completion was hard to stand. I got away from the mirror and called to my cat.

Right after I finished my breakfast I remembered something. My eyes popped wide out of my head as I shuffled quickly from the table and threw on some clothes.

"I can't break my promise!" I yelled to Lenobia as I ran out the door, one arm in my jacket trying to get the other one in.

I went through the shop to get to the street. The guy working there today waved briefly to me as he wiped down the counter. He was a neat freak but that's why I hired him. Someone had to clean this place when it got messy.

I exited into the loud city. The noise erupted into my ears like an explosion. I sometimes forget how loud it really is here.

I looked up at the sky. It was a very nice day. The sun was shining and the clouds looked extra fluffy.

Then I saw Garrett. It was as he could make any person suffering from deep sadness into the happiest human alive. That's the way he made me feel; I was glowing now.

Some cash was shoved in my pants pockets. I pulled out a dollar and sauntered toward him smiling. He was playing his guitar now. I recognized the song, so it obviously wasn't his own composition.

"...still I can't close my eyes..." he sung. His hand traveled gracefully up and down the strings as he continued smoothly. "Why does it always rain on me? Is it because I lied when I was seventeen?" He seemed so absorbed in the song. My smiled faded into something more thoughtful. I was captivated.

There was a small crowd of people around him. I made my way between them effortlessly. There were already a bunch of dollar bills in his guitar case. It made me feel silly. My promised dollar wouldn't stand out from the rest. It meant nothing. He wouldn't stay for a worthless piece of green paper. I wish he would. I doubted he would just stay for me.

I set his daily dollar in his guitar case and walked away right when he looked up and grinned at me. My heart ached.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry for the late update. -_-' I've just been busy with school and other stories that are at work.

Oh, and I changed the tattoo shop's name from London Ink to England Ink because I found out that there is, in fact, a place called London Ink. I felt really stupid once I figured that out.

And the song Garrett is playing is Why Does It Always Rain On Me? by Travis.

Anyhoo, comment please?