The wrong Pair-up

Chapter 2-the unexpected visitor-

Image

Part 2-The unexpected guest-

After the meet-up and the introduction of guests, we returned to Piper’s flat, and when we got there, the three unpacked their stuff and gathered in the living room. When all of us were gathered, an unexpected guest came over.

“Piper!” came a shout, as a loud bang followed.

Piper shifted her head, got to her feet and ran to the door, “Who the heck did that?” she shrieked, as she disappeared before my eyes.

We; Jacob, Kyle and Brittanee, was confused and was bewildered.

Silence. Silence. Silence.

“Pipe, who is it?” Brittanee asked as she stood up yet she did not move a muscle,

No reply, Silence, silence, silence. Then rushed footsteps came in, in an echoed tone.

“Don’t worry it’s just Hailey,” Piper came in the living room with Hailey, our former best friend.

I snickered, “Hey Hail,”

Brittanee sat down, came closer to me and shifted her head towards my ear, “Who’s that?”

“That, is Hailey Greenrale, our former best friend,” I whispered back, scowling.

Brittanee came closer and asked again, “Former?”

I vacillated, “It’s a long story,”

She hunched, and positioned her head away mine, “Oh well,” then again she levitated her
head, and came closer once more. “Tell me tomorrow, when she’s long gone,”

I smiled, “You won’t take ‘no’ as an answer won’t you?”

She shook her head, “Nope,”

I nodded, smiling. “I’ll tell you tomorrow then,”
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

When Piper finally finished introducing Hailey to the others, Hailey started to talk to them
about her in different uninteresting topics. Kyle looked slightly interested about it, but Jacob and Brittanee didn’t cared, I didn’t even notice them listening.

When Jacob saw me looking at him, he smiled and raised his hand up. I smiled back and raised my hand as well.

Then all of the sudden, I remembered the time; 11:02am, I snickered and looked down at the floor.

Dang, what should I do now?

Then a pair of black sneakers caught my sight off the floor, I looked up; Jacob.

“Hey, um.., Blair, what’s you problem?” he asked looking down at me.

I looked back at him, confused, “What do you mean?”

He gnawed, and sat down beside me, “You snickered so that has to mean you have a problem,” he muttered, as he shifted his head closer. “Is it because of that Hailey girl? Is
she taking your spotlight off Kyle?”

I shook my head with crinkled eyebrows, “No, I just have to go right now, well,” I looked over at him, “See you later, Jake,” I said, as I got to my feet and bit my tongue.

Jacob stood up as well and grabbed my elbow, “Aren’t you going to stay for lunch?”

I pulled back my elbow from his grip, “That’s why I have to go; I have to get lunch,”

He pressed his lips together and slipped his cold hands in his tight pockets, “For?”

I shrugged, “For someone I should be baby-sitting right now and I still don’t have any damn idea what’s going to take me there as fast as possible before 12:00,” I babbled.

He giggled and his blue eyes glistened as the rays of sun caught his sight, “You do cuss, I thought you were a goody girl when I met you,” he joked, smiling.

I narrowed my eyes, “This isn’t time for jokes, I have to go, say goodbye to Piper for me,” I said, moving away.

He giggled more, how annoying.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

When I was about to go out the door, he came out and grabbed me again.

I grabbed my wrist from his grip and looked at him straight in the eye, “What the heck is your problem?” I shrieked.

He smirked, “I want to help,”

I narrowed my eyes, “What?”

He slipped his hands in his pockets again and raised both shoulders, “I’m going to help you, you know, buy lunch for the little kiddo and help you to be there before 12:00,”

I had two choices; to go with this Jacob guy with whatever scheme he had planned or go with a cab and pay tons of dollars. In the end, I ended up picking Jacob; hey money’s a big deal for me, especially if I worked hard for it.

“So, what’s your scheme?” I said as he grabbed me in the house.

“You have to meet my baby,” he smiled.
♠ ♠ ♠
guess who's the baby gonna be:]