Vampires Will Never Hurt You

The party

Gerard’s POV.

The party was going great, even though Frank refused to use gel and I forgot to get a gift for his dad. At least I realized it early enough to quickly scribble him a card.

Frank was at the verge of balding with the amount of hair-ripping he’s been doing today, ‘cause he apparently can’t tolerate his relatives.
For the last hour he’s been sitting in the children’s table ‘cause they’re the only ones that aren’t asking stupid questions from him.
…Or that’s what he says.

I, in other hand, have been encircling a lot and have heard at least fifteen adorable stories of little Frankie and his nudity. I’ve even seen pictures.
If only Frank knew…

“You enjoying yourself here?” I said as I put my hands on Frank’s shoulders and leaned down, ‘cause he was sitting on an unreasonably low plastic chair. And that was because he was sitting in the children’s table if you forgot already.
He looked up at me a little surprised.
“Oh, yeah. Timmy’s telling a joke!” He said and beckoned to an about 8-year old boy with glasses and freckles. I noticed he was staring at me. Every kid at the table was staring at me.
Apparently Frank noticed it too, ‘cause he pulled at my hand so I’d crouch down by him.
“This is Gerard.” Frank said when I got down.
I waved and the kids giggled,
“He’s my boyfriend.” Frank said and kissed my cheek.
He was all smiles, but I was staring ahead of me, at the table.
The kids looked at us a little weirdly, and finally one of them had the guts to ask.
“Can boys love each other?”
It was a boy next to Timmy. He had sandy hair and braces.
“Yes.” Me and Frank said simultaneously.
“A boy can love a boy and a girl can love a girl, and don’t you ever believe anyone who says otherwise! Okay?”
The kids nodded and Frank smiled proudly.

When the kids went back to talking about… kid’s things, Frankie turned to me and grinned.

“So you found some company of your own age?” I said and smirked at him.
“That was unnecessary. “ He pouted and I pecked his adorable little nose.
“It was. But I’m not sorry. But I guess I could make it up by getting you some cake?” I asked and pushed his fringe away from his amazing eyes.
“You better.” Frankie grumbled.

I got up and made my way towards the table. I took a plate and smiled a smile that said ‘it’s okay’, to an elderly woman that bumped on me.

I cut a piece of cake and placed it on the plate, then took two spoons.
If I was getting cake for Frank, we had to share.

With the plate in hand, I made my way back to the kid’s table. Though when I got there, I saw no Frank.

“Hey, uh.. You know where Frank went?” I asked the kids.
“Upstairs.” Timmy said. I smiled and nodded, turning for the stairs.

And for my delight, there he sat, on the highest step, leaning his head on his knees, so he didn’t see me.
I walked up there and sat next to him. He still didn’t notice a thing.

“You want some cake?” I asked and shook the spoon in front of his face.He opened his mouth for me to stick the spoon in, which I did.

“Mmm. Good.” He said after swallowing.
“What, you haven’t had any?” I asked, faking terrified.
“Nope.” He said, and opened his mouth for more cake.
“It’s my turn now.” I said as I took a huge piece of the cake on the plate and put it in my mouth. I watched, amused, as Frank’s eyes got wide and his chin dropped.

“That was more than enough for you!” He said and tried to pry the plate from my hand, but I outstretched it in the other way so he couldn’t get it.
“I got you the cake! So we’ll share.”
“It’s not much sharing if you down half of it in one go..” Frank mumbled angrily.
“You’re too cute when you get angry.” I said and took a hold of his chin, pulled at it a little, then stuffed the spoon in.

“So.. boyfriend?” I asked after we finished the cake.
Frank flushed and wouldn’t look at me.
“It sounded good at the moment…” He mumbled.
“I think it still does.” I said.
“Really?” He asked, enthusiastically.
I nodded.
“Great!” He said and swung his foot over my thighs and locked his hands behind my neck.
I smirked and positioned my hands on the small of his back. Frank smirked too, and flicked his lip ring with his tongue. That was a clear sign for me to get my own tongue in.
♠ ♠ ♠
This time I ain't got any good reasons.
But I'm sorry.