Status: Will be updating as soon as possible.

I'm Just A Kid

Chapter-10

“There's not much to see,” I told him as we both walked into the cafeteria. “Lunch room.” I told him, even though he probably already figured that's what it was. “We eat at about eleven forty-five, then it's fifteen minutes of recess, then Math.”
“It's so small” he said quietly. “Small school, small lunch room.” I explained.
He walked out into the middle of the room, watching his own feet when he walked. I stayed by the door, watching him, wondering what he was doing.
He was sort of strange... but so was I.
He turned my direction and placed out his left hand, as if he wanted me to give him a low hi-five. “What?” I asked curiously. “Come here.” he said. I couldn't help but smile, I took one step then stopped and bit my lip.
“Why?” I asked playfully. “Just come here. You know you want to.” he said.
He was right.
I walked closer to him, “Give me your hand.” he told me, his voice was so soft.
I placed my hand in his, “You know, usually the boy will ask “Would you like to dance”, and not just say “Come here.”” I told him as I placed my other hand on his right shoulder.
“Well I was afraid you would say no, so I just thought it would be better not to ask.” He explained as he gently let go of my hand and placed both of his hands on my waist.
I was surprised at how comfortable I was around him, like I had known him since childhood.
I put my arms on his shoulders, realizing he wasn't that much taller then I was.

“There's no music.” I said after about one minute of dancing. He looked like he was thinking, “Just play a slow song in your head, it'll be fine.” he told me.
“You know I don't get what people find so exciting about this.” I told him. “Dancing?” he asked. I nodded, “Yeah, I mean all we're really doing is shifting our feet; slowly rotating in a circle, right?”
“Pretty much, but I think it's more fun when the two people doing it are in love, ya' know?”
“Probably, but I wouldn't know.” It was probably obvious that I had never been in love before. A 14 year old girl that has no friends and goes to an extremely small school, where the boys aren't exactly her 'type.'
I saw his Mom in the doorway, watching us. When I saw her I immediately wanted to stop, but I kept going, wondering if Jordan saw her also.
I looked at her and smiled, then looked back at Jordan. The whole time we danced he was looking into my eyes. His eyes were the perfect shade of blue, barely darker then mine. A smile came to his face, making him look even more perfect. I smiled and looked down at our feet.
I had a 'thing' with eye contact.
“What?” he asked quietly. I looked back up at him, “Nothing.”
My back was to his Mom, meaning he was facing her.
“Oh, Mom.” He said as he gently removed his hands from my waist. I smiled at her and put my hands in my jean pockets. “This must be her.” she said with a smile as she started to walk into the lunch room.
I looked at Jordan. Had he been talking about me to his mom?
Well of course he had, I was going to his house that day, I was the only friend he had around here. He probably didn't tell her anything special though.
“This is her.” he said, looking somewhat embarrassed, but still with a smile on his face.
“Sorry if I was interrupting." she said.
“No, no,” Jordan immediately replied, looking at me, then looking back at his Mom. “It's cool. Ready to go?”
We were about five minutes away from his house, I was pointing to the only market the community had. “They have Swedish fish, two for one dollar.” I told him. “No way!” he whisper yelled. “Yes way.” I said with a smile. “That's insane.” he replied as he continued to look at the Market as we drove by.
Right when we pulled into his driveway I remembered about the guitar lessons. “I don't have my guitar.” I told him quietly before we got out of the car. “We can go get it.” he said. I nodded and got out of the car.
His house was a little smaller then mine, and would probably look even smaller once they were finished unpacking.
The floors and walls were white, boxes were piled to the ceiling. The carpet was white with a hint of gray. It was almost like my house had a twin.
“Uhm, well I don't have much stuff unpacked, but my room's this way.” he said as he started to walk towards the hallway, and I followed close behind.
We passed a bathroom, and what I was guessing to be a hall closet and entered his room at the end of the hall.
He had his bed made, a desk in the corner, and open boxes filled with clothes. I set my bag by the desk and he grabbed a folding chair from by his closet. “You're in Pre. Algebra, right?” I asked. “Yeah.” he responded as he set the other chair by mine and sat down.
I took out my Math book and opened it to the first piece of paper I had. “I'm really far behind.” I said, almost laughing, even though it wasn't the least bit funny. “Well hopefully I can help.” he said as he got up and started searching through a box, and took out a notebook.
I searched through my bag to find my calculator and a few pencils, getting ready to actually learn something.
The rest of the class was on lesson 60, I started to fall behind on lesson 48. I only did Math at school, I started to fall behind because I wasn't in the mood to do Math. I would finish only the first half of the lesson by the time 6th period was over, even though the second half was easier then the first.
Jordan sat down and I flipped over the paper to the back side, “I know how to do most of this stuff, it's just I never wanted to take the time to do it.” I told him, I didn't want him to think I was stupid. “School work is almost never fun.” he replied.
I started taking out the rest of the unfinished lessons and placing them face down on top of each other. “I don't think we're gonna have time for guitar lessons today.” I told him; he nodded, “It's fine, there's always tomorrow, just as long as we get most, if not all, these lessons finished.”
Then for some strange reason I started to think about Mother and Father. I wasn't sure how to feel about Father leaving, or if he was even telling the truth, he could've been going anywhere.
I wasn't sure how Mother would take it either, Father just leaving like that without a word to her about it.
I realized I wasn't even blinking, and only staring at the Math book in front of me.
“You alright?” Jordan asked slowly. I didn't even want to say anything, I just wanted to cry. I shook my head, “I can't do this right now.” I said, trying to hold back the tears.
I was betting that he probably heard the sadness and shakiness in my voice because, he leaned over and hugged me. “It's okay.” he told me.
How does he know? He doesn't even know me.
“It's alright, really, I'm here.” he said as he gently patted my back still hugging me.
That's when the tears came. I felt ridiculous for crying, I could only wonder about how confused he must be. Everything going fine, then me just start getting sad and crying.
At least he was understanding?
“I'm sorry.” I finally said. He let go of me and looked at my face, the look on his face was so sincere. He gently took my hands and held them in my lap. “What's the matter?” he asked.
I wanted to tell him so badly about Father, and how messed up my family was... how lonely I felt. But at the same time I also didn't know him that well, I felt it would be weird telling him things that were so personal. I knew deep inside that I could trust him.
“Just things with my dad.” I said quietly, as I felt a tear fall from my chin.
There was a pause.
“You wanna talk about it?” he asked as he started to rub my hands with his fingers as he held them.
He would be the only person to know. But how would he react? I was... nervous I guess is the best word. I wasn't sure what to say, I wanted to say no, but I also wanted to say yes.
How would I explain everything about my Father?