Status: Finished.

Promise Me Forever

And It’s On

Joe leaned back into the couch, as he watched his family and relatives smile happily as they talked loudly to one another. He took a small sip of his soft drink as it gently burned the back of his throat.

“Joe, get up, and get changed, will you?” Kevin chuckled. “Your wedding starts in half an hour.”

Joe scoffed. “Well you should be down there… along with the rest of the family and our relatives waiting for me to get changed.”

Kevin raised an eyebrow. “Isn’t that what the bride is supposed to do?”

“Shut up, Kevin.”

Joe heard a burst of laughter from behind, and turned around, realising it was Nick. Kevin was now laughing too.

“You two are so mean!” he whined jokingly. “Honestly it’s my birthday you two, and this is how you treat me?”

“Sorry, little bro,” Kevin said. “Go get changed though. And I’ll see you down at the church in five. Lacey should be coming soon.” And with that, Kevin walked to the door with Nick, calling his huge family down to the church in order for the wedding to finally begin.

Joe pulled out his phone, scrolling down to his best friends name. He remembered back to the night in the bar when she had thought up of that deal she made with him. He remembered thinking the deal was slightly ridiculous that he only had three months to look for a girl he wanted to spend the rest of his with, but he agreed to it anyway, and well, that has to be saying something right? Or not.

Now looking back, Joe didn’t regret ever agreeing with that deal in the first place. He found Lacey, and he was sure he loved her very much. He made her happy, and she made him happy.

But the plan did go accordingly to plan. Today it was Joe Jonas’s and he clearly remembered that the deal was that the two had to be married by his birthday, if not, then latest, Kourtney’s birthday. Today, they were both getting married to the people they loved.

Joe smiled to himself and thought back to a couple of days ago. He had met up with Lacey at a park, having a picnic lunch with her, and only hours later, they were engaged to one another. Now fast forward, a couple days, and here they were today, getting married to each other.

“Joe?” a soft voice called out weakly. “Are you there?”

Joe suddenly froze, realising who it was. “Yes, I’m here, Lacey. I’m not suppose to see you on the wedding day – which is today, mind you!”

“Joe,” her voice was shaky. “I can’t do this anymore.”

He frowned. “What do you mean?”

Then out came the four words, Joe Jonas hated to hear from anyone, regretting he had ever asked what she had meant in the first place.

“We need to talk.”

[&&&]

A bouquet of flowers swiftly passed Kourtney as she walked down the lengthy hall. She turned and entered the first room on her right, as her bride’s maid Kim followed through and closed the door behind her.

Kim quickly whisked pass Kourtney and entered the next room, and minutes later she turned up with a beautiful white dress on her arms – the very same Kourtney had picked out days before.

“Here you go, babe,” Kim smiled warmly towards her best friend. “Lucas will love you in this.”

Kourtney chuckled. “How would you know? He hasn’t seen me In it yet.”

“Just go get changed, Karson!” Kim laughed.

Kourtney quickly disappeared into the bathroom and began stripping down to her undergarments. She pulled her phone out of her pocket and scrolled down to ‘J’. Her screen highlighted three letters that were together, Joe.

Kourtney frowned, wishing he was here with her right now, instead of being hundreds of miles away from her, and marrying another girl that got easily under her skin. Why did Lacey have to fall in love with Joe? Why did Kourtney, herself, have to fall in love with Lucas?

“Kourtney?” Kim called out. “How’s the dress fitting? Did they make it too small for you?”

“No, its fine,” she shouted back.

Kourtney slid the phone back into her pocket and finally stepped into the big white dress. She zipped it out from behind and stepped out of the bathroom.

“How is it?” Kourtney asked nervously.

“It’s brilliant!” Kim beamed, taking a picture with the camera in her hand. “You look absolutely stunning, and I’m sure Lucas will-”

Kim stopped mid-sentence, surprised to see her best friend frowning. Kim raised an eyebrow, concerned for her friend, and Kim knew very well that brides were definitely not suppose to be frowning on their big day. Something was positively wrong.

“What’s on your mind, Kourt?” Kim asked softly.

Kourtney shrugged. “Do I really look that bad?” she asked, referring to her face expression. “Can you really tell that something is wrong?”

Kim nodded. “Well, you’re just kind of… frowning there.”

Kim watched the girl with light brown hair face fall, as she buried her head into her palms. She walked over to her and wrapped a supportive arm around her. “Shh,” she hushed. “Don’t cry, Kourt, or you’ll ruin your make-up.”

“I’m trying not to,” she sniffed. “But I can’t think of it that he’s just going to marry another girl. It’s all too late now.”

Kim sighed to herself, completely sure that Kourtney was talking about Joe. “It’s not too late,” she said, but she knew it was a lie. All Kourtney could do now was marry a man that made her smile on the outside, but not on the inside as well.

Suddenly, Kourtney’s phone blasted out a familiar ringtone, and Kourtney ran into the bathroom, reaching into her pants pocket that hung behind the door. She flipped her phone open and read it.

1 new message

Read

Sender: [Joe]
To: [Kourtney]
Wish I was there with you!
Can’t wait to see you again.


Kourtney snapped her phone shut and turned to her best friend, finally realising something she had inside her all this time.

“Kim,” she said, stepping out of the bathroom. “Can I borrow your car keys?”
♠ ♠ ♠
Wooo! About time I updated this!
200 comments and I’ll start writing the next update.


Image
Banner by Megan