Status: Finished.

Promise Me Forever

Wedding Talk

“Oh, how about this one?” Kourtney said, pulling out a long, white dress from the rack. She gazed at the beautiful white wedding dress in front of her, admiring it.

“Oh that’s beautiful!” Kim cooed, as she reached for the dress. She felt the soft material between her fingers. “Do you want to try this one on?”

“Try it?” Kourtney chuckled, squealing in the process in excitement. “Do you even have to ask?”

Kim turned around and stared at her boyfriend. “Nick,” she addressed. “What do you think of this dress?”

“It’s nice,” he replied honestly. “I think Lucas would like it very much.”

Kourtney and Kim giggled as wrapped her arm around her friend’s arm, both carrying the huge wedding dress in front of them.

“Excuse me, miss,” Kim said, approaching a staff member.

“Yes?”

“My friend, Kourtney here would like to try this dress on,” she informed.

“Follow me,” the staff member turned around and led the girls and Nick, who was trailing behind them, to a huge changing room. “Kourtney, is it? Well, you can go change behind those curtains while your friends wait.”

Kourtney walked behind the curtains, carrying the heavy dress, which was neatly folded in her left arm. She hung the dress up onto the metal hooks, attached to the wall. Kourtney began stripping down to her undergarments, and slid the dress over her thin frame.

Once the dress covered her body, she quickly zipped the dress and stared at herself in the mirror, studying her appearance. Her thick, light brown hair loosely fell around her shoulders, covering her bare shoulders. The white dress flowed outwards as in reached the floor.

Kourtney turned around and stood onto the step where Kim and Nick were waiting. Meaning, they were sucking faces, as they waited for Kourtney to try the dress on. Kourtney gawked at the view in front of her in disgust. She deliberately cleared her throat loudly and Kim suddenly pulled herself away from her boyfriend, both of them, blushing slightly.

Kourtney grinned slightly at the lovebirds’ reaction when she had walked in on them. “How does this look?” Kourtney asked, looking at her reflection again.

“Oh, it’s beautiful,” Kim complimented. “You look wonderful in it. It is clearly the perfect dress. Lucas will love it for sure.” Kim turned to Nick. “What do you think?”

Nick shrugged, eyeing Kourtney. “Not bad,” he said. “You should buy it.”

“Alright, well, I think I might as well,” Kourtney squealed in excitement.

Right now, Kourtney couldn’t be any happier. She was shopping for a wedding dress with many of two of her closest friends in the world. One she had practically known her whole life, and the other, for several years. It was perfect. She didn’t have to worry about anything or anyone but herself. Moreover, she was more excited marrying Lucas. The man she loved. The man she wanted to spend the rest of her life with, and this was just the beginning.

“Miss, can I buy this?” Kourtney asked, looking at the shop assistant that had helped her out a little while ago.

The assistant smiled warmly. “Of course, sweetie,” she said. “We shall wrap the dress up for you, so be back in half an hour?”

Kourtney nodded before walking back behind the curtains. Honestly, Kourtney didn’t care how much the dress had cost, even though it was probably worth thousands and thousands of dollars, but she had enough money for that.

Kourtney quickly unzipped the dress from behind and quickly changed back into her original clothes she came in. After passing the dress to the store assistant, she, Kim and Nick all went to lunch at the food court.

“Okay, well there’s going to be like these huge flowers at the back of the room,” Kourtney happily rambled on, giving a description of her wedding. She was completely unaware that Kim and Nick were getting bored of listening to her. “I think they’re going to be red. Like roses. Is red a nice colour?” She looked at her friends from across the table and smiled at them.

“Yes, red is a nice colour,” Kim said, shoving more fries down her throat.

“Oh!” Kourtney smiled, as if she had remembered something. “I’m thinking the brides’ maid dresses should be pink, and Kim, you’re going to be my brides’ maid. Do you think you look good in a pale pink colour?” Kourtney paused and looked at Kim for a moment, as she ate aggressively. “Yes, you’d look lovely in pink.”

Kim swallowed hard before speaking again. She nudged Nick, signalling him it was time to talk to her.

“Kourtney,” Kim began.

“You don’t like pink, do you?” she frowned.

“No, no, no, I love pink,” Kim assured her. “But Nick and I wanted to talk to you.”

“Is it something to do with the wedding?”

“No, it’s something to do about… marriage,” Kim said, wondering if the last word was the right word to use. “Well, as in, when you get married.

Kourtney frowned. “What’s wrong?”

“Well, how long have you known Joe?” Nick said, finally speaking after a long time. “A long time right?” He didn’t bother to wait for her answer. “But through all this time, through all these twenty-four years of your life, you have never once had feelings for Joe, did you?”

Kourtney raised her eyebrow, wondering what the duo was getting at. “I don’t understand,” she said pathetically. But how could someone not understand a simple question like that? Well, that was only because they were avoiding answering the question.

“Nick is saying, have you ever liked Joe?” Kim said.

“I like him as a friend-”

“No, more than a friend,” Kim said a little impatiently.

Kourtney opened her mouth to speak, but the closed it. She took a breath in hesitation. “No,” she finally said. “No, I haven’t.”

“Well, now that you will be getting on with your life and everything, we kind of wanted to tell you something. Actually, it’s more of a promise you have to keep.”

Kourtney scoffed. This was ridiculous. “Okay, what is it?” she demanded.

“It’s as simple as this, Kourtney,” Nick said.

Kim took over. “As soon as you and Lucas kiss lips when the priest tells you to, from then onwards, you cannot lay a single thought on any other guy, but Lucas. And that includes Joe.”

“And how am I meant to know what I’m going to be thinking of in the future?” Kourtney asked.

Kim shrugged and nodded, as if she had a good point. “That’s where you come in and make your choice. Who do you love more, Lucas Cooper or Joe Jonas?” Kim paused, waiting for Kourtney’s answer, but when she didn’t reply, Kim spoke again. “So what’s it going to be?”

Kourtney looked at her two friends. Were they serious? Why did they want her to make this decision? Surely enough, wanting to spend the rest of her life with Lucas, answered her question, right? No, they thought she made the wrong choice. She lowered her head and thought hard. Did she make the wrong choice? Better yet, whom did she love more? Lucas Cooper or Joe Jonas?
♠ ♠ ♠
So sorry I couldn’t update any earlier.
I’ve been busy the past week.
But this chapter is a long update so I hope that makes it up for you guys!
Though now I do believe that it’s time to choose whose team you’re on.
Team Joe or Team Lucas?
I have a hunch thatA LOT everyone will be on Joe’s side.
Anyway, comment and subscribe!
No update til this story hits at least 150 comments.

Image
Banner by Vanessa