Status: Finished.

Promise Me Forever

Phone Call

Joe froze in shock, realizing the words that had just came out of his mouth. He couldn’t believe he just said that about Kourtney – about his best friend! What was wrong with him? She was his best friend! What kind of friend was he?

He looked at Lacey, who’s face was filled with confusion and shock. He knew she didn’t believe him, and that she wanted to question him about Kourtney.

“I guess that’s good then,” Lacey said. “She looked like a friend of yours though. You two seemed pretty close at speed dating night.”

[&&&]

Kourtney sat on her single sized bed in her apartment, staring at the wall opposite her. It had been a few hours since she had gotten off work. She had to admit, work was probably the only way to keep her mind off the fight she had with Joe.

She regretted ever walking into the building with Joe in the first place. It she had convinced him to go somewhere else, then he wouldn’t have met that Lacey chick, and they would still be friends.

Kourtney suddenly felt her phone vibrate against her feet. It was a message from Bethany.

Go talk to him, sweetie.
Love Bethany.


Kourtney rolled her eyes and deleted the message, not bothering to reply to her friend.

Bethany had been bugging Kourtney for days to go talk to Joe herself, but Kourtney was scared that it’d be too awkward between them. But then, a brain wave hit her. She finally understood why Bethany wanted her to call Joe; she had nothing to lose.

She scrolled down to Joe’s name and inhaled a deep breath before pressing the call button.

Ring, ring, ring, ring

“K-Kourtney?” a voice came through the phone, sounding slightly surprised.

Her heart began to beat faster. “Joe,” she breathed out, letting out the breath she was holding.

“Is something wrong?”

Kourtney smiled to herself. That was the kind of ‘Joe’ she missed. He was always worried about her, when she called him at random times, but really, she was just lonely, bored or scared, and in this case, it would be the first one.

“No, everything’s fine.”

“Oh,” Joe said, letting a relieved sigh out. “Why did you call then?”

“I was just wondering how,” she hesitated. “… How Lacey is?”

“Oh, she’s great! I’m glad you asked,” Joe said happily. “I think she’s brilliant – oh, no wait, Kourt, Frankie’s over and he needs help with his Math homework. Give me a second, will you?”

Before Kourtney could reply, she knew Joe had already ran off to help his little bother, and therefore, Kourtney was alone in the eerie silence.

The girl sighed to herself, thinking about the conversation she had with Joe. He acted as though they had never fought – like, he had forgotten about it. Kourtney hoped he did, but deep down inside, she knew he didn’t. She knew he was treading around what had happened, but it was too vigilant.

“Hello?” This time a feminine voice came from the other line.

“Hello?” The voice had sounded familiar to Kourtney, but she couldn’t quite pick it. “Who are you?”

“I thought you wouldn’t remember me. I’m Lacey.”

“Oh, I remember you,” Kourtney said coldly. “How could I forget?”

“Well, I’m getting the vibe you don’t really want to talk to me,” Lacey stated. “I don’t really care if you don’t because all you need to do is listen.”

Kourtney chuckled. “And what great words of wisdom have you got to say?” she said sarcastically.

“To stay away from Joe,” Lacey said simply.

“Stay away?” Kourtney questioned. “What makes you say that?”

“Joe said you were nobody,” the girl answered. “So why would a nobody like you be talking to a someone like Joe?”

Kourtney froze. No, her brain froze. Joe had said what about her? She didn’t know what to believe anymore. Lacey seemed very serious and it would make sense if Joe actually that about her after calling her a whiny bitch.

“Hello?” Joe’s voice, suddenly came through the phone.

“I can’t believe you, Joe!” What the hell is wrong with you? You fucking screw me around like I’m your bet friend one minute and the next, I’m some whiny bitch! You need to get over yourself, you self obsessed asshole!”

And with that, she threw her phone across the room, breaking down as tears began to slid down her cheeks continuously.

[&&&]

Joe walked back into the room where Lacey was. She was sitting on the couch, twiddling her thumbs. Something didn’t seem right.

“Lacey, did you touch the phone?”

The girl shook her head. “Nope.”

Joe picked up the phone and spoke into it. “Hello?”

Lacey watched him as he paused. His face turned from happy to a shocked expression. After a couple a minutes, he pulled the phone away from his ear and turned to Lacey.

“So are you sure you didn’t touch the phone?” Joe asked again.

“Do you really think I’m some kind of lying bitch, Joe?” she pouted.

Joe shook his head. “No,” he said, sitting down next to her. “Of course not.”
♠ ♠ ♠
I actually had this chapter all written up a couple of days ago. I just never got the chance to type it up and post it on here til now. So, here it is :)
Plus, I need more banners. I’m out. It would be lovely if I received a few banners :)
Okay, now comment, please :)


Image
Gorgeous banner by wishes on pennies