Status: Re-vamped as of 8/23/2011!

You Clicked Your Heels and Wished for Me

In which things get complicated.

"I finally got him to sleep." I sighed as I closed the door to Chase's bedroom behind me. I sat down on the couch, hugging a pillow to my chest, and closed my eyes. "I think Kennedy has that same pair of footy-pajamas."

Garrett smirked, but didn't say anything.

"So, um..." I looked down at my shoes. "I don't know what to talk about. The, uh, the weather's been pretty shitty lately..."

He scoffed. "Are we seriously talking about the weather?"

I crossed my arms. "What've you come up with? It's like Pat's Name-Game fantasy all over again."

"I can't believe you remember that." He said, smiling slightly. "That was, like, forever ago."

"The day Pat got us kicked out of Ruby Tuesday's." I giggled. "Then we went down the street to Subway, and Pat threw a tantrum in the middle of the parking lot because someone took his picture and he thought it was going to steal his soul."

"Good times." Garrett grinned for a moment, but it quickly faded. "Pat tried calling every day after you left. He went crazier than normal, so John locked him in the bathroom."

"John's still an ass." I said, "He hasn't changed at all."

"You have, though." He said quietly.

I furrowed my eyebrows. "What do you mean? I haven't..."

"I never knew you to run from anything, Andy. You've never been like that. You're still running from me." Garrett said, pushing his hair out of his eyes. "I'm still ready to explain if you want to hear it."

"I'm not running." I said, leaning back in my chair. "I'm sitting in the same room with you, if you haven't forgotten."

"You're still not forgiving me." He said sadly, "And you're not getting close to me. Did you forget all about me when you left?"

I looked up, seeing how expectant he was. "What do you think?"
♠ ♠ ♠
I had an idea for this chapter, but by the time I started writing it...
It kind of evaporated?
Sorry about that.
Things'll get more interesting eventually.
Stick with me...

and COMMENT!