Join the Band

Creative was exactly what I was going to get

~Zane’s POV~

I caught up with Jai half way across my front yard.
“Jai, just stop for a second!” I called grabbing his arm and pulling him around.
“What?” He spat jerking his arm away.
“Whoa.” I said stepping back and putting my arms up in surrender.
“Ok, time out man. Calm down and tell me what’s wrong.”
“Why do you care?” He snarled.
“Because you’re one of my best mates Jai. Not only that but this involves my sister, I care about you both more then I let on most of the time.”
“Well maybe you should ask her then.” And he spun on his heel and began walking off again.
“Jai!” I shouted. He paused and turned back around with a roll of his eyes. “Just talk to her. Get this whole thing straightened up so we can go back to normal, be a band again, have lyrics at the beginning of the chapters, and get ready for Battle of the Bands.”
“No matter what I do nothing’s going to go back to normal Zane. Just forget it.” And that was it, he was gone. I stood dumbstruck in the middle of the yard for a moment. Then reason returned and I followed the one thing he’s said that made sense to me, I went back to find Haylee.

~Haylee’s POV~

I’d filled Zane in, made myself a nice hot chocolate, walked carefully to my room and sat down on my windowsill. I was staring out the window trying to figure out the best way to get Jai’s attention. I could see him sitting at his drum kit deliberately avoiding looking out his window at me. Or at least that’s what I had decided since the one time he did look over he looked away before I could even raise my hand to wave. This wasn’t going very well. I took a sip of my hot chocolate and sighed; clearly I was going to have to be more creative than simply coming up with a heartfelt apology. Then I spied my guitar sitting in the corner bathed in a faint glow from the light streaming in my other window. A smile grew on my face as a plan formed in my head. Creative was exactly what I was going to get.

~Nate’s POV~

It was brilliant. Haylee’s plan was brilliant. There really was no other word for it. I just prayed my block head brother would think so too. If he didn’t we were all doomed, coz no matter what, they’d be miserable without each other. And of course we’d be miserable if they were miserable.
“So everyone know what they’ve gotta do?” Haylee asked us. Zane, Matt and I were gathered in Haylee’s room, sitting on chairs around Haylee who was sitting on her bed, guitar still lying on her lap. We nodded in unison. “Ok team, go!” I laughed at her as I followed Matt and Zane out the door and she shot me an I-really-hope-this-works look. I gave her my best reassuring smile and she relaxed a bit. With a wave I left, heading out her front door and back to my house.

My mission was simple; get Jai out of the house and down to Haylee’s basement. Simple in theory, not so simple in practice.
“The guys just want to talk to you; you won’t even get a glance of Haylee.” I was saying.
“Yeah right, this is all just some hoax to get me over there so Haylee can apologise. Don’t think I didn’t see the shadows behind Haylee’s curtain.” He replied from behind his drum kit. I sighed; lying really wasn’t something I was good at, especially when the person I was lying to had already figured out most of the truth.
“Look, just go over there, see what she had to say then leave with out saying anything back if you have to. Just don’t sit here and do nothing. We both know you miss her so get off your bum already.” Jai glared at me long and hard but I didn’t budge. Finally he got up with a sigh.
“Fine let’s go.” He said already making his way towards the door.
“You won’t regret this.” I replied; smiling as I followed him out the door.
“We’ll see about that.” He muttered.

~Haylee’s POV~

I was more nervous than I had ever been in my life. But I wasn’t going to let stage fright stop me now. This was more than just a performance, this was going to make or break my friendship with Jai. But still my breath came out in jagged gasps and my hands shook around the mike I was holding. Matt took one look at me and pulled me into a comforting hug.
“It’s going to be ok Haylz, I promise.” He whispered in my ear. I took a deep breath and nodded as I exhaled. He kissed my forehead and headed over to his guitar. I closed my eyes and centred myself, taking Matt’s words to heart. My breathing came easier and my hands stopped shaking. I could do this. My heart practically leapt from my chest in its attempt to beat harder than humanly possible as I heard two sets of footsteps coming down the stairs. Zane nodded at me,
“This is it.” He said smiling at me encouragingly. I braced myself as Nate and Jai came into view. With a quick look at Jai’s frowning face, I nodded to the boys and we began to play.
♠ ♠ ♠
cliffhanger? again??
hehehe