For You To Notice

For you to want me, for you to need me, for you to notice me.

Brayden watched Rhiannon jump into her car and drive off without a second glance. As her light blue SUV became just a dot in the distance, he felt his heart drop. What had he done? He didn't realize how much he missed her until that very second. He noticed that Erika had ripped the letter that Rhiannon had given to him out of his hand. She tore the envelope open and started to read it before Brayden could even register what she was doing.

"Wow, what a pathetic loser." She scoffed and chuckled as she threw the letter to Brayden. He glared at Erika for a brief second until he started to read the letter.

He read the letter about three times until he noticed that the handwriting was the same as his original secret admirer letter. He never would have figured Rhiannon would think of him in that way, ever. He didn't know how she could just sit and listen to him talk about his love and sex life to her, he knew for a fact if Rhiannon ever talked about her sex life he would be pissed off and annoyed. He also would be extremely jealous as well, but he would never tell Rhiannon that.

Brayden just stood in his hallway, with the letter in his hands, thinking and thinking about his best friend. When he saw her standing in the doorway, looking so worn out and fragile, he just wanted to pick her up and hug her. He wanted nothing more to bring a smile to her face that always lit up the entire room. He missed the sparkle in her light green eyes when she laughed, and the way her nose would crinkle slightly as well. He missed the way she smelled; like roses and the smell before rain. And he definitely missed the way she felt against him when he would sleep in the same bed with her. The way his hands would always find hers in the middle of the night, they fit perfectly together.

He just missed Rhiannon in general, he didn't realize it until she said she was leaving. He didn't want to ever lose her. He knew, well he thought he knew, that she would eventually apologize for being jealous of Erika, but when she never did and announced that she was leaving, he felt his heart being torn apart piece by piece.

He was to wrapped up in Erika to realize he was in love with Rhiannon.

Brayden didn't even glance at Erika who was trying to get his attention, instead he took off upstairs to put clothes on. He ignored her as well as he ran out the front door, and literally jumped into his front seat of his black Convertible. He sped down the highway to get to the airport, he didn't know when Rhiannon's flight was, but he didn't care, he just wanted to see her one last time, hopefully. He didn't even care that he parked in a no parking spot and would most likely get fined. All he wanted was to catch Rhiannon before she took off.

I was sitting in a seat waiting for my flight to Oxford to be called. My eyes were bloodshot, cheeks were blotchy, and my nose looked like Rudolph the Red-nose Reindeer, but I didn't care. I didn't care that the people surrounding me were giving me sympathetic glances as silent tears fell down my face and had the sniffles.

All I wanted to do was curl up in a ball and cry myself to death. Or maybe just have Brayden hold me and dry my tears, but that would never happen, ever. My heart was shattered, I didn't think that seeing Brayden one last time would have such an affect on me.

As I heard the woman announce the flight, I wiped my eyes one last time, and grabbed my bags. I thought I heard my name being called, but I just shook my head and got in line.

As my name got called several more times, I turned my head and thought I saw Brayden. I must have been imagining seeing him because why the hell would he be there?

I closed her eyes tightly and opened them, only to be face and face with Brayden. I was about to open my mouth to say something, but was caught off guard when I was pulled into a tight embrace. I felt the tears fill in my eyes as I inhaled the cologne I bought him for his birthday. He pulled back, looked into my eyes and wiped away the tears that were cascading down my cheeks.

He gave a small smile, and pulled me into another small hug. "I'm so sorry Rhiannon. I should have been there for you. I shouldn't have ignored you. I shouldn't have listened to Erika, I should have enrolled into Oxford. I know I've been such an asshole to you recently, and I didn't mean anything I said to you on that phone conversation. I regret the last few months. I didn't realize how much you meant to me, Rhiannon, until you told me you were leaving. I didn't realize that I loved you too, until I felt my heart drop into my stomach as your car drove into the distance.. I'm so.." He was cut off by my lips crashing onto his. I didn't care that tears were running down my cheeks and running onto his. I didn't care about anything that was going on around us.

All I wanted was right in front of me.

"It's okay Brayden. I love you too, as you already know. But this doesn't mean I'm not getting on that plane to go to Oxford. You can always enroll next semester, and I'll be waiting for you. I'll call you when I land safely." I gave him a small kiss, let go of his hand, and handed the woman my plane ticket. I took one longing glance behind me and blew Brayden a kiss.

You'll always have me..
♠ ♠ ♠
The end :)

Hope you enjoyed it.
Comments are lovely!