‹ Prequel: I Don't Love You
Status: ATTENTION: I am in the process of editing this story so check back for updates.

Just Don't Take Chances

Parties and promises.

*Frank's POV;

Later that night...

"Great party," Adam yelled over the loud music, taking a sip from his drink. I nodded and folded my arms.

Yeah, great party.

We were at a large club type scene, it was dark and smelled lightly of liquor and had loud bassy music I didn't know. I hung out at the bar with Adam and Matt from Taking Back Sunday while Alliyson danced out in the huge crowd.

Now I'm not much of a dancer, I'm kinda short with narrow hips, so dancing isn't my thing. Plus, I have no rhythm, and I don't know the latest dances. But that didn't stop Alliyson, she was out there having a good time, tipsy on Bacardi Breezers.

I just let her have a good time, I mean I wasn't going to be that kind of boyfriend who got mad when their girlfriend wasn't with them 24/7. Well, I will admit that I am kind of jealous that she's out there having fun, probably dancing her life away with a couple strangers while I sat here drinking.

But whatever, right?

I wasn't feeling too good either, just the feel of this place gave me a headache and then my stomach started twisting and turning, leaving me with this nauseous feeling as soon as Alliyson went out to dance. Still, I would let Alliyson have her fun before I asked her if we could leave.

I curled my hair behind my ear but part still fell in front of my face and I ignored it, cracking my knuckles as my fingers rubbed on the material of my fingerless gloves. Alliyson had stolen my skeleton ones so I was wearing the ones I wore during the shows.

"Where's the missus?," Matt asked suddenly, speaking up now that the music had gotten faster and bit louder.

I pointed a half fingered glove at her moving figure and the guy next to her, who she had explained was her friend Travis. Alliyson had introduced us before and apparently, he was in California going to school. Go figure, she has some friend nearby us. I swear, she's like the Google of friends when it comes to knowing people.

I had watched Alliyson dance most of the night and I wondered where she learned half of the stuff she was doing. Most of it had a lot of snapping involved and head moving, plus her hips were always moving in the same motion as her feet. I'd never seen her do any of this before and it was something short of amazing, almost mesmerizing. It was like I was seeing a different side of her, the side she didn't show me all the time and it just further proved the point that hey - you learn something new everyday.

Before I knew it, the song had finished and a new one was starting but Travis whispered something in Alliyson's ear and he walked off, leaving Alliyson to walk through the crowd towards Adam, Matt, and myself.

"Well hello there darling!," Adam exclaimed as she approached him and she jumped onto his tall frame, hugging him.

"Why aren't you bums dancing?," she asked, giggling at the end as she came over to me and wrapped her arms around my neck, leaning back on me so my own back was pressed against the bar.

"Forgot my shoes at home," Matt said, snapping at the air in an 'oh darn' gesture as he smiled at her.

"Why don't you bring Frank for a spin?,"Adam offered, sipping his drink again. I shook my head furiously.

"Frank doesn't like to dance," Alliyson explained.

"Frank doesn't know how to dance," I corrected. "And I don't know any of these songs."

"Oh come on!," she squeaked and then looked behind me. "Lemme get another Breezer....anyway. I could teach you, right now! And I'm sure you've heard some of them before."

"Nope... and I'm not going out there."

"Ugh, you guys are no fun," she complained and the bartender came over with her drink and she picked up the glass and began drinking it, finishing it in about one minute.

"Whoa girl," Matt said. "That was awfully quick..."

"She's an experienced drinker," I explained. "She can drink whole bottles way faster."

"Whoops, Travis is back. I'll see you guys later," she said quickly and darted back into the crowd, her short black dress swishing around at her legs and then she disappeared.

"That's quite a girl you've got there Frank," Adam chuckled, finishing his glass and set it down on the bar.

"I know...she's different," I said warily, unsure of what word to use to describe her.

"Live wire would be the proper word," Matt offered.

I turned around and asked the bartender for another Corona as I felt my stomach turn again. I know, it's not good to be drinking when I already don't feel good but there's not much else I can do and I want Alliyson to have fun, I don't know when we might have another chance to relax while on tour. Usually, if Gerard was here - him and I would have our own fun but he stayed back at the bus, not because of the alcohol at the club but for...something else I was unsure of.

The song changed again, to the new Mark Ronson song and I knew Alliyson would be tearing it up. She's fallen in love with Mark Ronson (musically, people) and has downloaded maybe half of what he's written. Plus, she already knows the song because it's a The Smiths cover and well...she's also a Smiths fan.

As Matt and Adam conversed about I don't know what, I looked back into the crowd so I could focus on my girlfriend and her movements again. I saw her swaying slightly with Travis, her hair flipping from side to side as she turned around, her back facing Travis.

Eh, fuck. I didn't condone her actually grinding with people but I do understand that is part of the whole dancing experience. But still, why would I be okay with that? I'd be even more upset if it was John of all people, but at least it was Travis and he was here and Alliyson would be leaving soon, right?

I don't know when I'd turned into this person, the kind of guy that second guessed everything his girlfriend did. I guess after seeing what happened with Alliyson and John, after seeing how their relationship ended and then watching them kiss each other again kind of brought this up in me. It made me jealous of anyone who touched her, anyone she touched, it made me watch her every movements, what she dressed in, who she talked to. But I didn't want to be this person, I wanted to be able to trust her again and be okay with who she's friends with. I'm becoming this suffocating, overprotective boyfriend. I was becoming like John, I was doubting her and if I continued with that I'd end up like John - alone and chasing her as she pursued another relationship with someone else.

I guess that was the problem - I was turning into the old John and I was loosing my trust in her. I didn't want to make her leave me, and I didn't want to leave her. Gosh, why couldn't relationships be problem-less?

I finished half of my bottle, my headache getting worse and my stomachache not getting any better. I put the bottle on the bar and looked to my left to see what Matt and Adam were talking about before I glanced up at the door to enter the club, seeing a very large man enter.

No! No...why, why is he here?

Everytime I saw John, he just made me sick. Maybe it was because of our experiences together because anytime I saw him when he was with Alliyson, he was either not talking to me, angry, or just being nice for her sake. He probably didn't like me, maybe even despised me and that was why he was trying to take my girlfriend away from me.

Oh, and because he was still in love with her. Whichever excuse you want to use.

"Frank, you all right?," Adam asked and I turned to him. "You look a little pale."

"I'm not really feeling well," I answered, keeping one eye on John as he came further into the club, looking around.

Damn him, he wasn't allowed to look for my girlfriend.

Some rap song came on about flirting and I looked back into the crowd to see Alliyson still dancing in the same fashion and I frowned. This wasn't going to turn out well unless I got her out of here. I was either going to flip out about John, throw up, or pass out. My throat was starting to close up, almost like I was choking or drowning.

I charged into the crowd, pushing past people as Alliyson and Travis came closer, the both of them dancing in tune with eachother, Alliyson with one hand raised to his head and Travis had one hand on either side of her hips as they swayed.

Oh hell no, I never noticed this shit before...

"Al!," I yelled and she snapped her head to attention, watching me intently. I could feel Travis watching me too so I gestured my finger at her to come with me and walked back to the bar, the both of them following.

When we got there I turned around and dug my hands into my pockets, going close to Alliyson's ear and said, "I'm not feeling well...can we leave now?"

She shivered at first but nodded, going up to Travis's ear to tell him and he nodded, hugging her and then shook hands with me, walking back into the huge group of people as another song came on.

"Guys, we're leaving, k?," She told Matt and Adam and they nodded. "See you later."

I grabbed her hand as we walked towards the door, keeping an eye out for John as the door came closer. But as soon as we were almost there a voice called out Alliyson's name and she stopped and turned around, stopping the both of us from leaving.

And who was it? John Cena of course, coming out of, honestly, no where, and grinned at the both of us.

"Where you going? I just got here," he said loudly over the music.

"Frank's not feeling well," Alliyson answered, squeezing my hand. "So we're gonna head back."

"Oh okay," John said, with a crestfallen look on his face, his blue eyes lost part of its spark. "Well feel better Frank, I guess I'll talk to you later Al."

I nodded at him and dragged Alliyson out of the loud, stuffy club and into the now cold, brisk California night air and lead her down the street to where the buses were parked. Alliyson continued to dance, swaying slightly even as we left the club far behind.

"So what's bothering you?," she asked.

"Headache...stomach hurts..."

"Maybe you should eat when we get back on the bus and I'll make you some tea," she continued, rambling slightly. "Then I'll get you to bed."

"Are you gonna tuck me in, Nanny?," I joked and she giggled.

"Sure, if you want. And I'll even read you a bedtime story and make you hot chocolate and give you a little kissy on your little nosey," Alliyson chuckled and the buses came into view.

"Did you have fun today?," I asked, referring to our trip to the beach and now our experience at the club.

"Yessir," she said, spinning and dancing in circles. "I haven't danced like that in forever."

"I figured," I replied. "I didn't know you could do all of that."

"Most people don't," she shrugged as we entered the parking lot and walked towards the huge red and black bus. "But that's okay, now you've seen all the aspects of Alliyson! Metal...rap...that other thing...um..rock. Haha I think Alliyson's a little tipsy!"

"Yeah, about that, what'd you even drink?"

"Uh...what did I drink...just the Bacardi things! Oh and I had some of your Smirnoff but that was a really long time ago, wasn't it? Woo! I think I wanna shower...," she rambled and I chuckled as we stopped in front of the bus and I knocked on the door twice.

When the door opened Worm stood at the stairs, holding it open and I pushed Alliyson onto it and followed behind her, closing the door behind me.

"Sup?," Brian asked as he sat lounging in the living room couch, the TV on in front of him and Ray on the other side, Worm sitting in between them.

"Brian!," Alliyson squealed and jumped on him, hugging him tightly. "I missed you!"

"Al, you spent all day with me," Brian said in a bored voice and he turned to me. "She drunk?"

"Not really...," I mumbled, pulling her off of him. "Just stupid."

"I'm not stupid!," she yelled and walked away, stumbling a bit.

I just shook my head and followed her, watching her pull out a tank top, shorts, and boy shorts underwear along with a simple white t shirt for me and black boxer shorts and walked into the bathroom. When I walked in she had begun to take off her shoes and was trying to reach for the zipper which caused me to laugh with the face she was making so I closed the bathroom door and locked it.

"Need a little help?," I asked and she turned to me and pouted, nodding slowly. I turned her around again and slowly zipped down the black dress, the spaghetti straps slipping off her shoulders as the dress fell down to the floor and I pulled off my t shirt and threw it down next to it and began to unzip my jeans.

When we finished getting undressed we hopped into the shower, turning on the tap and I stepped underneath the shower head. It coasted my body and I made sure to wet my hair and I walked away to let Alliyson underneath and I went to wash my hair. We finished showering after about 20 minutes or so and wrapped eachother up in a towel and stepped out.

I watched Alliyson's hair drip onto her shoulders as I dried myself and I sighed loudly. She gave me a confused look, obviously sobering up now as she got dressed with ease and I followed suit, then we brushed our teeth and hopped into our bunk, closing the door in the living room before that.

After I closed the curtain I turned on my side to face her and caught her in the middle of a yawn as she pulled me close and slipped her hands onto my chest as I cuddled her close.

"Alliyson?," I asked quietly and she nodded, her eyes closing. "Can I ask you something?"

"Sto mio hatar?," Alliyson asked, snuggling her head into my chest.

"Can you promise me something? It's been on my mind for a while..."

"Sure, dear," she sighed and I kissed the top of her head.

"Promise me you'll be with me forever?," I asked. "I just wanna hear you say it."

"I promise," she said quietly. "You should know that I can't promise those things but...I wouldn't lie to you."

"I know...I know you mean it it's just...did you say that same thing to John?," I whispered and I felt her freeze up a bit.

"To be perfectly honest Frank, I think I did but I don't know what my answer was..."

"Oh," I whispered, closing my eyes to stop myself from asking her anymore uncomfortable questions and to help myself fall asleep.

"Frank, I don't think I gave him an answer, wanna know why?," she questioned softly, kissing my neck affectionately, her lip rings gliding across my skin. I nodded and she continued, stating, "Because I was thinking about you."

"So you lied to him?," I frowned.

"I lied to John a lot, honey. But it was because I didn't love him anymore and I didn't know how I was going to explain to him that I was in love with someone else. Now can we please go to bed? I'm a little tired..."

"Sure love, anything for you. Goodnight," I mumbled. "I love you."

"I love you too Frank, more than anything," Alliyson said quietly, yawning once again and before I knew it, she was asleep.

(A/N: you can check me on that, too. Alliyson did say something like that in IDLY w/ John, I think it's in chapter 9?...sorry that was so bad, I'm really tired and I just wanted to get this outta the way. it's actually, kind of a filler.)