‹ Prequel: I Don't Love You
Status: ATTENTION: I am in the process of editing this story so check back for updates.

Just Don't Take Chances

Accidental fights.

5:30 p.m.
Frank's POV;


We've been at the party for a little while now.

More of my family members have come by now, some more of my cousins and their kids. My mother had taken the liberty of getting to know my girlfriend and not letting her out of her sight, introducing her to every single family member of mine. My grandma had freaked out about Alliyson's legs, shrieking about how she had legs like that back in '45 or some shit.

When Mom took her over to my Dad, Grandpa, and Great Uncle, who all sat around smoking and downing beers, they automatically stopped to gush at her. Dad kept winking at me since I was seated next to him and even clapped me on the back when she sat on my lap.

Ugh, what the fuck is that?

Grandpa even started hitting on her during their card game (that Alliyson insisted she join), which made me remove her from the game.

Now it was sunny and nice out, and the kids had commandeered Alliyson to play with them as soon as Sam told them that she was cheating on me with him. She was now 'Aunt Ally', who they dragged all over.

I went inside to use the bathroom and when I came back into the backyard, my mom was still cooking and mostly everyone was eating. The kids obviously weren't, the boys all-messing around with the pool and the girls all surrounded my girlfriend with jump ropes. I walked over to the bench on the side by the little pool and decided to watch.

"Alliyson!" My niece, Amelia, screeched. "I wanna know how!"

"You mean you guys don't know how to jump rope?" Alliyson asked and they all shook their heads. "All right, I'll teach you. Everyone has one?"

The girls all cheered yes, although one pair of twins had different ends of the same one. I leaned back on the bench and stretched open my legs.

"All right it goes like this," she explained, taking the ends of the jump rope in her hands and holding it out in front of her. "You have to jump every time you swing the rope towards your feet, k?

"Show us how!" Stephie asked.

"All right," Alliyson sighed and put the jump rope down. "Lemme take down my sweatshirt first." And she peeled offher my hoodie and walked over to me.

"Hold this dear,” she grinned and reached down to peck me quickly before walking off to the other girls. She then picked up the jump rope again and stepped over it and started jumping and swinging, after taking a few steps away from the girls.

They all ooh-ed and ah-ed at her, some squeaking and exclaiming about cool it was. But that wasn't what I was looking at. It was her now exposed chest I was more interested in, which was bouncing up and down over and over.... I felt my jeans tighten rather quickly and I gulped. Oh no...

"Something wrong Uncle Frank?" Joey asked curiously from inside the pool beside me.

"Nothing Joe. Hey, go do me a favor?" I asked and he nodded, stepping out of the pool. "Go ask my Dad if I can have a beer."

Joey walked over to father to go get me what I asked for while I turned my attention back to Alliyson who had stopped jumping but was leaning over to help the little girls. I sighed and tried to calm myself down when Joey came back, holding an ice-cold Corona in his hand. He held it out to me and I took it, thanking him and tore off the cover and threw it away, downing about half the bottle before Joey even got back in the pool.

"See if you guys can do it. Or do you need me to do it again?" Alliyson asked and only one girl tried doing it again, the rest saying they needed her to do it again.

God I love my nieces.

I continued drinking as Alliyson picked up the jump ropes and did it all over again, and even crossed the rope in front of her a couple of times and then stopped. She got a bunch of the girls to try it now and after a while they got better.

"You guys keep trying, I'm going to go sit over by the bench, all right?" She explained.

"Are you going to be watching us?" Stephie asked.

"Of course, you guys just keep going."

And before I knew it, Alliyson was in front of me, and then sitting next to me, grabbing my Corona and drinking some.

"Nice jump roping," I complimented sheepishly. Alliyson turned to me and then put her legs on my lap and could obviously feel my friend because she looked back up at me, the Corona still in hand.

"You're impossible."

"You're the one jump roping in barely anything!" I defended but she smacked my chest anyway and took another sip from the bottle before handing it back to me.

"Get over yourself, you're just a horny little shit."

"I am not!" I chirped, but I took the chance to take a glance down her tank top, her dark red Victoria's Secret bra (she had told me it was when she got dressed) peaking out and teasing me.

"Frank!" She shrieked, glaring at me because she obviously caught me looking and I just laughed a little. "It's not funny!"

"It's not my fault..." I complained, wrapping one arm around her back and then settling on her waist, snuggling my head into her neck. "You're just so damn beautiful."

"Frank..." Alliyson muttered softly. "Stop it."

"It's true..." I continued. "My whole family thinks so too."

"Dinner's ready!" Mom called and all the kids ran to get their food, the boys jumping out of the pool.

"Mm, let's go eat," I suggested, nuzzling Alliyson a bit more and planting soft kisses on her collarbone. She rose up from my lap/the bench and took my hand to get some of the dinner before all the kids finished it.

After eating, 6:19.

After we ate (thankfully, mom got vegetarian stuff for me) the kids decided they wanted to play volleyball with Alliyson and I. Alliyson then made it battle of the sexes, girls vs. boys and the score was tied, according to my cousin Stewie.

"Alright Joey, serve," I called out to the little boy and he threw the ball up in the air and another cousin, Benji, hit it up over the net and Alliyson picked up Stephie so she could smack the ball back over but it ended up out.

"Out!" Sam giggled from the middle and his brother went to fetch the ball. It was my turn to serve now.

I caught the ball from Steven and served it over and Alliyson went for it, almost spiking it back and it smacked against the ground. I blinked at her as the girls cheered and jumped up and down and the boys all groaned.

"You cheated!" I yelled. Alliyson spun around from the girls to face me.

"How?"

"You can't spike a volleyball in a game with a bunch of little kids. Do over!"

"Frank you're just jealous..."

"Of what!" I asked incredulously.

"That girls are better and that I'm taller."

"Oh that's it..." I growled and set off after her, she shrieking and running away. The little kids pointed and laughed as they watched me chase my girlfriend all over the backyard until I finally reached her, right over the pool.

And of course, she fell in on her knees.

Alliyson yelled out loud, also adding my name in the mix and pulled me in with her as she fell, me falling headfirst. I took my head and head out of the water and spat out water, laughing as I looked at Alliyson sitting in the pool, fuming.

"Frank!" She yelled. "How could you pull me into the pool!"

"Frank," another voice yelled and I looked up to face my mother. Oh boy... "How could you pull Alliyson into the pool like that, now she's all wet! Dear, I'm so sorry he did that oh jeez look at you..." She rambled, helping Alliyson out of the tiny pool and helped squeeze the water out of her shorts.

"Oh come on, she's not even that wet..." I reasoned, standing up from the pool. "I'm more wet than she is!"

"That doesn't matter!" My mom screeched.

I looked at Alliyson to make sure she was okay but she wasn't looking at me, rather at the ground as the kids surrounded us, blubbering away. I squeezed the water out of my sweater as my mother fussed over her and I tried to hug her from behind but she shrugged my arms away.

"Don't touch me Frank!"

"Al come on, be reasonable it's not that bad," I continued, observing her. She wasn't even all that wet....

"But whose fault is it that I'm wet? You! Gosh sometimes you don't know when to quit," Alliyson replied, moving away from me and towards the house where my mother ushered her.

"Alliyson come on, I'm sorry," I called after her but she held up her hand to silence me and continued into the house with my mom.

"Uncle Frank," one of the kids asked. "Did Aunt Alliyson break up with you?"

"No," I replied sadly. "She's just a little mad at me right now."

"Frank!" Uncle Tony called. "I bet twenty bucks she'll still be mad if you go after her."

"No, I bet thirty she'll be all back to normal," Dad yelled after him, chuckling.

"I bet ten she'll take the car and leave!" My great Uncle said next to him, laughing and then coughing so Dad clapped him on the back.

Only the men in my family make bets about this kind of stuff. I almost had the right mind to flip them all off but I decided against it and went inside after Alliyson to make sure she was all right and not ready to dump me.

No matter how ridiculous it was.