Do You Know Your Enemy?

Chapter six

"What?" I whispered, hoping I had misheard.

Billie studied the expression on my face and his eye brows narrowed furiously.

"They told you?" He snapped.

My body stood in shock as I heard the change in his voice.
I didn't feel at all safe at this point.

My lips trembled "Umm..Well.."

"As if this wasn't hard enough!" He shouted harshly, his eyes narrowed down as his body ripped from the couch. His distressed fingers pulled through his hair.

I didn't think crack could do that to a person, but I guess I wouldn't know.
My eyes started to water from the panic in his voice.
I was all alone with this guy.

I got up slowly and tried to make my way to his front door. "Maybe I should leave."

He quickly went after me, he rushed his body infront of the door and pushed me away. "Stay, you didn't even ask me your next question!" He hissed.

"Let me leave!" I screeched. I tried to open the door but his body was on the handle.

"I said STAY!" He yelled.

Tears streamed down my eyes. I was trapped.

"Mike didn't mean to tell me. I'm so sorry." I whimpered. "I can get you help for your...Well your addiction, but you have to let me go."

Billie's tease body suddenly relaxed, his smile returned to his face as he broke out in laughter.

This was more serious than I thought.

"I can't believe those guys." He shook his head, rolling his eyes.

What the Hell? Just a couple of seconds ago he was mad, now he's perfect again? This doesn't make any sense..

"Did I miss something?"

"I'm not a crack head." He blushed, slightly embarrassed for his behavior.
"I've never taken a drug in my life, I swear." He rapped his arms around me chuckling.

"Im sorry I scared you. Mike and Tre call me that sometimes.. Its just a silly nickname." He fingers ran through my hair.

I pushed him away forcefully.

"Hold on a second." I whispered.

"What? What's wrong?" Billie tilted his head bewildered. A smirk on his gorgeous lips spread. "I told you, I'm fine."

I bit my lip wondering if I should bring it up. What if he freaks out again? I took a deep breath, its for the best right? I can do this.

"What did you think they told me?"

"Mhm?" His eyebrows move together, "What are you talking about?"

"Billie, I think its think for me to go."

"Doug really did it this time." He sighed.

"Doug?" I questioned, wide eyed. "Doug as in my Dad Doug?"

"Yes maybe you should go, its getting late." He whispered.

......

"Im home!" I shouted as I entered the front door to the unheated front room. I shivered.

"Any dinner left overs? I'm kinda peck-ish." I called.

"Jennifer?" My Dad called slightly puzzled from the kitchen. "I don't understand." He said abit softer to himself.

I went into the kitchen and helped myself to a celery stick in the fridge. Dad must've eaten the rest of the dinner, I sighed.

"By the way Dad, what the Hell did you say to the guy I had dinner with tonight?" I said bluntly as I joined him on the table. He still looked shocked to see me.

"Nothing. What guy? Said what exactly?"

Oh great, so this is how he wants to play it out, is it?

"Dad." I huffed, chopping on my celery.

"Who?" He questioned.

"Your so annoying!" I grunted. I left the room and went up to my own room.

I couldn't be bothered getting changed into my boxers and an old T-shirt, I just sat on my bed and thought about what happened tonight.

None of this made sense, everything was going perfectly till that moment he told me his name, and what the hell has this to do with my Dad?
My Dads never been there for me, until now I didn't even know he knew my name was Jennifer.
Why did Billie go Psycho when he thought I knew something to do with my Dad?
♠ ♠ ♠
^_^ Hey guys.. Thanks for reading =] your guys rock! I know its abit confusing at the moment XP But it all spirals out.. Don't worry ^_^
Comments please
xxx much love.