The Virginity Stealer

Pasta Con Jealousy

My father pulled into the driveway in front of the two story house, arriving approximately 30 minutes after we had planned to be here. He put the Red Dodge Durango into park and undid his seatbelt, taking the keys out of the ignition and opening the door.

I watched from the middle of the backseat as he got out of the car and adjusted his shirt. I soon looked over at the passenger seat and saw my mother pulling her sunglasses off her face, sliding them up in her hair, undoing her own seatbelt and getting out of the car as well.

My parents both walked around the red piece of metal to the trunk, in which my body turned to watch them. They opened the trunk, and pulled out the suitcases, but being very careful not to knock over the other ones that were in there.

I sighed deeply, and began to undo my seatbelt, letting the leather material slide its way up from my chest to its original spot. I slid towards the left door, and opened it stepping out of the car and stretching a little before closing the door.

“Come on sweetie,” My father said coming from around the car and placing an arm around my shoulder while his other hand held the luggage case. I followed him as he pushed us toward the front door, my mother trailing behind carrying two luggage cases behind her.

My father knocked on the front door, and after a few seconds, it creaked open revealing a girl in her early 40’s who had shoulder length brown hair, and entrancing bright blue eyes.

I watched her, feeling some sort of familiarity radiating off her and gently looked over my shoulder at my mother who was carelessly tossing her longer brown hair behind her back.

“Ems,” The lady smiled and gave my mother a hug, squishing my mother, but from her face you could tell that my mother was squishing the lady back with the same amount of force, or maybe even more.

“Hello little sister.” My mother smiled, and let go of her sister, my Aunt, fixing her shirt a little when she was out of her reach.

“It’s been to long.” She said, a frown apparent in her voice.

My mother nodded, giving the same look back. “It’s just since Jack and myself have been so busy with the company, we have lost a lot of extra time we used to have,” She sighed.

My Aunt nodded, “I understand. Colin has been going through the same stuff ever since The Plaza has been getting more and more business lately.” The both shared a giggle before stopping.

My Aunt looked over at me and shared a smile before leaning forward and grasping me from me father, who still had an arm around me. “Rose!” She squealed, and I laughed a little from the vibrations running pass my ear. “I haven’t seen you since you were a tiny kid.” I continued to laugh, and nodded when she pushed back away from the hug. “I have a feeling were going to enjoy our time together.” Aunt Lisa smiled and looked at my father.

“Lisa,” He smiled, offering a hand to shake. Aunt Lisa waved her hand in his face and pulled him in for a hug just as she had done with my mother and myself.

“Jacob seriously, I’ve known you for more than 20 years. You can’t expect a handshake to go far with me.” He nodded and laughed patting her back.

“Alrighty, well I assume you two have a flight to catch soon?” Aunt Lisa questioned, raising an eyebrow and pointing towards my parents.

They both looked at each other and nodded. My mother then placed a hand on my shoulder and her face turned very serious. “Ok, we gave Rose $3000 for anything she could possibly need. Food, clothing, etc. Her curfew is 12 on school nights, and 1 on weekends. Colin and I would really prefer if she was to spend the night somewhere you would talk to an adult or at least the person who house it is at. Don’t let her do anything you know I wouldn’t let her do.” She stressed out, taking her hand off my shoulder and placing them at her side, her face contorting to a look of questioning. She looked at my father “Am I forgetting anything?”

My father thought about it for a second before shaking his head no.

“Ok then,” My mom smiled and placed her hands once again on both shoulders and pulling me into a hug. “I’ll call you every night, please do your homework, and try not to stay out to late.” She gave me a look. I nodded and sighed. “We’ll be back right before graduation, if you’re having any problems call us.” She directed the last part towards Aunt Lisa. She pulled me in for one more hug, kissing my check and pulling away from me walking towards the car.

My father had replaced my mother in a matter of seconds, kissing my forehead, and saying goodbye.

Aunt Lisa and I watched from the front door as both of them got in the Dodge Durango, and started it up. They had began to reverse out of the driveway until the car came to a halt, and my mother opened her door and walked in front of the car staring at us.

“I almost forgot,” Her face was serious ,”No boys!

............................Image

“Dom should be home shortly.” Aunt Lisa had said standing in front of the stove. She was currently looking at the back of a box of noodles reading something. She had told me when we first walked in that she would make her famous Pasta Con Broccoli that I had always loved, ever since I was a kid.

Dominique Warner was my cousin who was a month older than me. When my mother was 25, and Aunt Lisa was 22 they both were pregnant with us, hoping that somehow we would be born on the same date. But it didn’t happen, and I assume Dom decided she no longer liked the inside of the womb and rather get a glimpse outside and popped out a month early.

Ever since my parents had left for the realtors convention in Sacramento, California, Aunt Lisa had made an effort to actually try and figure out more about. She said that if I was living here for 6 months, then we definitely would need to know more about each other.

“Alright, favorite color?” She asked, looking over her shoulder before opening the box of noodles and pouring them into a giant pan.

“Purple. Definitely purple.” I nodded ripping off a piece of roll that Aunt Lisa had given me to snack on. “You?”

“Red.” She smiled and leaned back against the stove, but not to close to burn herself.

It was quite for a while as I snacked on the roll and Aunt Lisa continued to stare. I looked up at her and she smiled genuinely.

“You have grown so much, Rose.” She sighed walking towards me and taking a seat across from myself. “You look so much like your mother.”

I smiled at her, “Thank you.”

She nodded and pushed some of her bangs out of her eyes, showing the outrageously bright blue eyes she had.

In the distance, I heard a door open, and I assume Aunt Lisa heard the same thing because her head automatically turned towards the doors’ entrance way. “That must be Dom.” She smiled, and leaned back a little in the chair.

A few seconds later, a girl and a boy appeared in the kitchen, connected by the hand.

“Hey mom.” Dom giggled when the boy let go of her hand and put it on her back.

“Hi sweetie.” Aunt Lisa grinned a little, pushing herself up from the chair and over to the pot of noodles that were cooking. “Look who’s here.” Her head pointed a little towards me.

Dom looked my way and she smiled brightly. “Rose!” And she walked away from the boy who was standing by her. I stood up, and she wrapped her arms around me, bringing me into a bone smashing hug. “I missed you,” She chuckled in my ear, and let go from her hug, but still holding me on the shoulders.

I could feel her eyes look down at my body and up at my eyes. “You’ve changed.” Her eyebrow raised and a smirk appeared on her face. I shrugged and began twirling a piece of hair that I grabbed, a nervous habit I’ve done my whole life.

Dom and I were best friends when we were younger, but when we both turned twelve my mother and father decided to move to San Francisco, California, where they could begin working on their Real Estate Business: Lowry Realtors.

Around the same time, Aunt Lisa had divorced Dominique’s father, Sam. Making it to where every time a family event would happy, like Christmas, and we’d visit the other family, it would be impossible to see Dom because she was always with her father.

I had seen Dom once since our move, and that was when Aunt Lisa had remarried to Colin, and architect trying to make a living. He was a nice man, and Dom loved him and treated him almost like a father.

When my father and mother met Colin it was the time when they were planning on buying a huge piece of land a little off PCH, close to where Dom and Aunt Lisa lived. Colin had made a suggestion to make a mall, The Plaza, and make plenty of money off of the property. And ever since, my parents had loved Colin and even asked him to design the mall.

Dom laughed, a little at seeing my shrug, and her mouth made an O. She walked a little backwards and grabbed the hand of the boy, pulling him towards me. “This is Zacky, my boyfriend.”

I smiled as he pushed his hand out in front of him wanting me to shake it, which I did. “It’s nice to meet you,” I said. He nodded and smiled.

“Alright guys, foods ready.” Aunt Lisa said turning off the stove, and stirring the pan. “You staying Zacky?” She questioned, looking at him a little.

He shook his head, “Even though I love your pasta, Lisa, my mom’s getting a little mad I always eat dinner here and never there.” Aunt Lisa laughed and began dividing the food up onto plates.

“I’ll see you tomorrow babe,” He said and at the time I sat down. I watched him lean in, giving Dom a gentle kiss. At that very moment, I could feel myself get jealous of Dom. Jealous that somehow it seemed like everyone else can find a nice, sweet, boyfriend, other than myself.
♠ ♠ ♠
5+ Comments = Update.
It'll get better, just stick with it :)