Sequel: Assurance Closure

I'll Remember You

02

Brooke rationalized that she wouldn't ever meet Oli again, so she tried to keep herself from thinking about him.

Because she didn't need the pain of thinking that she was falling for a a guy who lived on the other side of the world. When Brooke got to the hospital, she walked to her grandmothers room and sat down next to her bed.

"Ah Pam, you came to visit me again."
"Grandma, it's not Pam. It's her daughter, Brooke. Don't you remember?" the grandmother smiled and took her hand.

"Oh Pam. I'm glad you came back here, even if it's just to be with your old mother."
"Grandma, I had to come. I'm the only family you've got. That's willing to come see you at least." the last part she muttered. Brooke then sighed and sat there with her grandmother until it was time for her to take her daily nap. That's when Brooke got up and walked out of the hospital and down to a cafe.

Brooke couldn't understand how her mother could leave such a beautiful place as this. She loved everything about England.

The people were gorgeous.

The accents were to die for.

And apparently, they were good in bed.

She smirked to herself and shook her head. As she brought the cup of coffee to her lips a person sat down across from her. His arms looked vaguely familiar. She allowed herself to look up until she met the gaze of the one and only Oli Sykes.

"Hey." he said casually.
"Hey."
"So, you're an American who's living in Sheffield?"
"Only temporarily. My grandmother is dying. and I'm the only family she's got. So I'm over here until she dies, or whithers away until she doesn't remember herself anymore."
"So, you could stay longer with me" he said leaning closer, elbows on the table.

"I guess. It's just, my grandmother would take priority over you. sorry."
"It's okay, I understand. But that also means, that you and I are going on a date tonight."
"Oli..." she said softly. She didn't want to get her hopes up high.

"Yes, Brooke?"
"I don't want things to get too serious between us. That will make it so much harder when I have to go back."
"Fine. We'll have no strings attached. But I still say you should stay. I want to be with you."

Brooke sighed, rubbing the bridge of her nose.

"Oli, you don't even know me."
"I know."
"So why-"
"Because, I think that there could be more to us than just sex. I want to get to know you. and I want you to know me too." she sighed.

"Please Brooke? You obviously like me because you told me to call you if I was ever in the states."

"Alright. I'll go out on a date with you tonight." his smile was so eager she couldn't help but smile back. Brooke scribbled her hotel number and room on a napkin and handed it to him.

She then got up and kissed him lightly on the lips. She was about to pull away when his hand slipped around her neck and pulled her back to him. His other hand slipped around her waist. Her hand wound it's way through his mop of brown hair and the other was around the back of his neck. Finally they pulled away.

"I'll come get you at eight." he said and kissed her one last time before walking away.

Brooke sighed. She had no clue what she was getting herself into. Sure she liked him, but who knew if he was like that with other girls.

But then why should she care. She'd be gone in five months, tops.
♠ ♠ ♠
yep.
I really do like this story. :)

tell me your thoughts?