‹ Prequel: Move

Gone

Intoxicant

Image
It's been almost three months since Riley and I had been married. It's been almost five months since the virus was released and destroyed by me. It was the beginning of August and it was hot. Riley and I lived in my house alone and it there were only happy moments between us. Occasionally though, we would have to separate to go to work. We still worked at the GWOOD Corp even though my last name was now Ackers.

Riley was still my helper and I was still his boss. No matter where I went, I would always be the top dog. Well, technically the Alpha, but it really didn't matter to me.

Riley never did sell the Greenwood Ballroom. He was planning on renaming it as the Acker Ballroom. He didn't want to sell it because all of the money that it was getting was going to the company and was making us even wealthier. I couldn't agree more to having more money. Besides, all I did every day was pretend to be a normal boss to everyone. Everyone except Riley.

All of our local friends visited every once and a while, but not so often. After all, Riley could talk to them in his head if he really wanted to. My sister and my brother were the two people that came over the most. Even my human friends didn't come over as often as they did. Cassidy was always over visiting even if she was with Hunter or not. I didn't need Riley to read her mind to know that Cassidy felt alone before she found me. I was one of the few people she could talk to. I didn't blame her. Before I found Riley, her, Hunter, and everyone else I felt pretty much alone. It was actually nice having her over.

Riley and I were in the kitchen acting as a normal couple might. We changed our look a bit by both of us wearing glasses. Neither of us needed them, but whenever we went out we would wear them to fit in. It turned out most designers and magazine people like us wore glasses. It was only right to fit in.

I stood over the open dishwasher pulling out clean dishes and putting them away in the cupboards above my head. Riley was sitting at the round wood table with his nose in today's newspaper.

"Hey, love?" Riley said to me.

"Yes?"

He folded the paper and placed it on the table. His brown eyes shone through his black rimmed glasses. I placed the last dish in the cupboard and shut the dishwasher door. Riley motioned me to him. I slowly walked over to him with a smile on both of our faces. Riley patted his lap with his hand without releasing his gaze on me. I wore a tank top that clung to my body and showed every feature on me. Riley smiled more. I casually moved to his side and sat on his lap. His legs were apart. I didn't have to read minds to know what he was thinking.

Riley moved his arm around my back. His other hand was on my thigh. His hand on my back slid up to my hair. His fingers entwined in my hair. His hand on my lap moved up to my face and removed my glasses and set them on the table next to the paper. Riley then removed his.

"Nothing else to do today, right?" He said.

I nodded with my lips partially open. Riley smiled. In one quick motion he stood up with me in his arms, cradling me. I smiled. His deep brown eyes looked into mine. His white t-shirt clung to his skin. We stood in front of the table looking at each other for a moment. I could smell his natural scent coming from his breath and every pore on his body. He knew me so well.

"If I didn't, would you even have married me?" He said reading my mind again.

I smiled. "Marriage itself does not last if the couple doesn't know each other."

Riley smiled. "Do you know me?"

I smiled more. "I know you well enough to know what we are about to do."

"Really?" He asked sarcastically. "It's barely noon on a Saturday. Do you really know what I am going to do?"

"I know enough," I said.

Riley gave me a crooked smile. "Well, we'll see, won't we?"

It had to have been around three hour later. I was in my bed under the comforter completely nude. Riley was in the bathroom down the hall. I had to admit, I didn't know he was going to do it that long. I didn't even know I had that in me. Well, he was semi-unpredictable.

Riley came walking through the open doorway with a white tank top on that clung to his chest. He also had on a pair of black baggy sweatpants. His usually neat hair was sticking out in every direction. A toothbrush was hanging out of his mouth. Riley looked at me.

"So, I am semi-unpredictable?" He asked.

I just looked at him with my mouth open trying to get more air into my lungs. I was completely out of breath and I barely remembered what happened. I was too intoxicated by him.

"Well," he said taking the toothbrush and pointing at me with it, "you are extremely unpredictable. You're buying me a new shirt, by the way."

"Pardon?" I asked with a complete amount of oxygen in my lungs.

He smiled and gave a small chuckle. "You are right. You were too intoxicated by me. You don't even remember stripping my shirt off of me and shredding it to bits?"

I shook my head. I tried to remember.

Riley laughed and walked over to the bed and sat next to me. I propped myself up on my elbows making sure the blanket was covering my breasts. Riley smiled his gorgeous smile and entwined his fingers in my hair from the back. He leaned over me and kissed my lips gently. He hoovered over me for a second.

"I'm sorry I intoxicate you," he whispered. He gave a small chuckle and released my hair and went back to the bathroom. I watched him leave gracefully and then looked out the large window to my left.

"Wow," I muttered to myself.

I tried to regain the last three hours that I thought we were having our fun. He would occasionally become hormonal and we would do exactly what we had just done. It was great. Well, it was great having an animal as a husband and being an animal yourself. It made everything more interesting. I plopped back on the bed and quickly fell asleep from exhaustion.
♠ ♠ ♠
I know it's pretty intense for the first chapter, but it leads up to everything else that is going to happen.