‹ Prequel: Move

Gone

Little Adventure

Image
All four of us sat in the living room waiting patiently for Eve and hopefully the other two. I sat leaned back into the couch cushion with Sam and Edward on either side of me. Cassidy stared at me from the chair I usually sat in. I gave her a puzzled look. She shrugged.

I looked at Sam. "Once they get here, I'll escort you to the airport and act as a backup. I just have that feeling that you'll end up needing me even though I don't have powers."

Sam sighed. "A feeling? Like what? A nerve racking feeling?"

I shrugged. Cassidy looked at Sam. "Really Sam? I thought we agreed that she had the natural talent of leadership. If she says something that she means, we should listen to it."

I looked at Cassidy. "Thank you."

Sam shrugged. "And what if Eve and your other two friends don't turn up?"

I smiled. "You don't have much faith in me when I'm a human, do you?"

Sam hesitated. I knew I was right. I myself didn't have that much faith in myself considering my condition. I still knew I could do this. Cassidy said it for me. I was a natural leader. I'm just going to have to do it old school with one hundred and two guns in my pockets.

I continued looking at Sam. He folded his arms and frowned. Edward laughed beside me. I looked at him.

"I have faith in you, Alyssa," he said.

I nodded. "Of course you do. After all, we are both humans."

He smiled. "You could have done worse to me."

I frowned. "Everybody deserves a second chance, I suppose."

"Where's your second chance, Alyssa?" Cassidy asked.

I looked at her. "What?"

"Think about it," she said. "You lost your husband, your powers, and you are slowly losing your entire life. Where's your second chance?"

I frowned at her. "My second chance will be when I kill Peter. I'll finish this whole destroyer and protector thing for good so that I can live my own life in peace."

Cassidy sighed. "I have faith in you, Alyssa. I will do anything for you as long as it means saving our population and keeping it peaceful."

I shook my head. "It'll never be completely peaceful. There will always be one person out there like us that doesn't agree with something we're doing."

"I'll still do anything for you," she said.

I smiled. "That's good to know."

"I will too," Edward said.

"Me three," Sam said.

I looked at each of them. At least I knew they would back me up through this. I could count on them to help me destroy Peter and his army and to help me save the people we knew and loved.

"Door," Sam said.

I looked up at the door. Two seconds later, the doorbell rang. I creased my forehead at him as I got up to answer the door. I still hated not having powers.

I opened the front door and relief washed right over me from head to toe as I looked at the three people standing on my porch. My lips curled into a large smile.

"I knew I could count on you, Eve," I said.

Eve smiled her large smile. Tobey and Meredith smiled right behind her. I ushered them all in. I shut the door behind them and turned around to look at them.

"Thank you for coming," I told all of them.

They all spread out around the living room and the smiles faded from their faces as our conversation began to start. Tobey leaned against the wall looking at Edward suspiciously. I walked over to him.

"Trust me, Tobey, it's alright," I said.

He grunted. "I trust you, I just don't know if it's alright."

I pursed my lips and went to go sit down on my chair. Eve sat in between Edward and Sam and she seemed completely calm sitting next to Edward. At least she was. Meredith sat next to Cassidy on the footstool.

"Okay," I said, "here's the plan."

"Wait," Eve said.

"Yes?" I said surprised.

"I was thinking about all of the people in the documents that Sam hacked several months ago and my mind came across one."

I creased my forehead in thought. "Go on."

She nodded. "There was a young boy, about ten, and he had this power that allowed him to temporarily stop the use of any bodies power. The person with the power just has to come within ten feet of the boy and their powers won't work when they aren't around the boy."

Edward looked at her. "Fascinating."

I nodded in agreement. "Yes, fascinating. Where is this boy?"

"Believe it or not, he's in the same building that you saved us from. He was considered extremely dangerous, but I came to realize he was only dangerous to our kind. I wouldn't even consider him harmful. He can't do anything about it and it just comes natural for him." Eve continued.

I frowned. "So, he didn't have to activate it?"

She shook her head. "Nope."

I nodded. "Okay, new plan. Sam, Cassidy, Edward, Tobey, and I will go to the airport to get Peter's hiding place location." All of them nodded except for Tobey. I looked at him. "You'll go into the airport with Sam and Cassidy while Edward and I stay in my car as backup." Tobey nodded this time. I looked at Eve and then Meredith. "You two will go and find that boy. Do anything you can to get him. Be careful, remember you won't have your powers when you get close to him. Take him out of there carefully. I don't want a scratch on him when I first meet him. Bring him back here. You can use one of my cars to get him back considering you won't be able to teleport." They nodded. "Any questions."

They all stood still in their places. I gave a crooked grin. "Lets go start our little adventure. Shall we?"

Edward looked at me. "Please tell me you have a good car."

"I have a good car," I replied with a smile.

We all got up and walked out of the house. They all stood in front of my garage waiting for me. Apparently none of them drove anyway. It was a good thing I had quite a few cars.

I opened up my garage door and walked past the cars as everyone else awed at them. I walked over to my tool table and grabbed the keys for each car. I knew each key by heart. I turned around and threw a key at Eve.

"Take the Escalade. It's bulletproof." I said. She shrugged and walked over to my black Escalade and hopped in. Meredith got in the passengers seat.

I looked at Sam. "Can you handle a sports car?"

His eyes got wide. "Why?"

I shrugged. "You're gonna have to keep up with me on the way there."

Sam smiled. "Yeah, I can."

I smiled and threw him another key chain with one key on it. He caught it swiftly. "Take the yellow Viper. And don't kill my sister."

He smiled and walked towards my yellow and black Viper that was one of my favorite cars. Cassidy and Tobey followed him. Tobey got in the passenger seat and Cassidy hopped in back.

I looked at Edward. He looked at the last key in my hand. "Which one are we taking?" He asked looking around all of my cars.

I smiled. "My newest one that I added to the collection."

I walked around the Escalade and went to the car behind it. Edward followed me and stared at my newest car.

"Is that a 2010 Hennessey HPE700 Camaro?" He said like a little boy staring at the gray vehicle with the blue streaks on each side.

I smile looking at it. "Yeah, yes it is."

Edward smiled and moved closer to it looking at each little feature. The big wheels, the thick front bumper, the darkly tinted windows, and especially the grill on the front. I smiled more as I watched him. I fiddled with my key.

"Would you like to actually see the inside?" I asked sarcastically.

He chuckled foolishly and opened the passenger's door and sat inside. I watched him through the windshield looking at the white leather seats and the many different aspects of technology inside.

I quickly turned around and waved my hand for Eve to go. She nodded and slowly drove the Escalade out of the garage. She sped up as she got on the driveway. Sam and the Viper came into view when she left. Sam hung out the yellow Viper's window. He smiled as he turned the engine on and listened to the low hum. He looked at me. His hair was tustled. I could see Cassidy in the backseat enjoying this as much as Sam was. Sam smiled more at me.

I nodded. "Just follow me there, okay?"

He nodded. "How the hell do you get cars like these? More importantly, why the hell do you need cars like these?"

I shrugged. "A girl needs toys too. Although, a girl like me has more interest in technology. To make it simple, I just like shopping."

Sam laughed. "What does your husband think about all of this?"

I frowned. "Well, if we hurry up, you can ask him when we save him."

He nodded. I turned back around and walked towards my Camaro. Edward smiled as he watched me brush the front of the shiny car with my hand. I loved my cars as much as the boys were enjoying this. I opened the drivers door and slid into the soft leather seat. I sighed and closed the door. I put the key in the ignition and turned it gently. The engine roared to life. I smiled. Edward and I looked at each other.

"Do you like?" I asked.

"Uh huh," he said speechless.

I laughed and flipped the shiny new stereo on. It was honestly my best car I've ever had. I reached back and slung my seat belt over me, buckling it in the shiny buckle. I quickly looked at Edward with a smile on my face. He already had his seat belt on.

"You better hold on, Tiger," I said.

I pulled the car into drive. My foot lifted and slammed on the pedal. We sped forward with no jerk or anything. It was so smooth. The car sped down the driveway and I stopped at the road. I waited for Sam to get behind us. I took my sunglasses from the compartment between Edward and I and slid them on my face. I smiled as I looked at my reflection in the mirror. I looked behind us and saw Sam pull up. He was going much to slow to be able to catch up to me. I rolled down my window and stuck my head out and looked back at my Viper. Sam stuck his head out.

"You're going to have to go faster than that, Sam!" I yelled over the engines.

He smiled. "Are you going to let me?"

"I can't do anything to stop you! I'm only human!" I yelled back with a smile.

He stuck his head back in the car. I stuck mine back in my car. I looked over Edward to see if any cars were coming. I looked back through my window and smiled. Sam pulled the Viper up next to my Camaro. He revved the engine. Tobey stuck his arm out his window and made a "V" with his fingers on his other hand and slapped the "V" on his arm that was out the window. I laughed at the seventies sign that showed he wanted to race. Edward laughed too.

"We're not in the seventies anymore there Tobe!" He yelled over me.

The three of them in the Viper laughed. Sam and I both looked out onto the road. I revved my engine. He revved his engine. I gave a crooked smile.

"Lets ride."

My foot jumped back on the pedal and the Camaro sped out onto the open road. Sam's Viper was right next to us. I shifted the gears and we went faster. The wind rushed by us through the open windows. I could see perfectly through the windshield and through my sunglasses. Even without my powers, I could see every detail the road held ahead. It seemed as if I still had powers.

Edward stayed still in the seat next to me, clearly enjoying this. A wide grin spread across his face. Sam stayed next to me. All of the sudden, the Viper zoomed past my Camaro and moved into the lane that I was in. There was only two lanes. One leading the way we were going, and one the opposite direction. I frowned at Sam's quick move. Edward looked at me, waiting for a comeback.

I smiled. My hand quickly changed the gear and my foot dropped down harder on the pedal. The Camaro zoomed faster. I went into the opposite lane and zoomed up next to Sam. Sam looked at Edward and then past him at me. I smiled through the sunglasses that covered part of my face. Edward waved sarcastically. I floored the car and zoomed past Sam and the Viper. I saw my sister in the back gleam with excitement. I pulled the Camaro back into the lane, in front of the Viper. I smiled more. Sam didn't try to pass me again. I was too fast for him.

Somehow this race seemed just like a car ride to me. Even though I was going over ninety. It seemed like I was flying over everything. Past my problems, past everybody else's problems. I felt like a little kid flying down a hill on my new bike. That's not how I wanted it though.

I wanted to be out of this car and alone with that one person I loved more than my life itself. I wanted to be in his arms. I wanted desperately to be in Riley's arms, not flying in my new car. No, I wanted to be in Riley's arms flying. Flying with Riley like I use to. I wanted everything to be back to normal. All I wanted was to be with Riley and to know that everyone I loved was safe and happy. But of course that's not what would happen for me. Now I was driving in my new Camaro with the passenger being a man that I've killed twice and kissed passionately once and powerless. I always had that feeling that I could be someone. A day ago, I was a lovely housewife with an adoring husband and the Alpha of people like me. Now, I was just a human with a lot of responsibility. I had to admit, life wasn't something that favored me. It was a good thing life was something I favored.
♠ ♠ ♠
Please comment, subscribe, keep reading, pass along, and all of that. I truly love you guys!

P.S. I've been thinking about what would it be like if Kiera Knightle actually did play Alyssa and I am having second thoughts, but I am not going to throw you off so, just imagine Alyssa the way you want to. The rest of the characters are the way I picture them. I just don't picture Alyssa that way, but I'm not going to change it because I just don't know who would really be Alyssa. So, like I said, imagine her the way you want to.