Status: Hiatus.

The Beauty Within, When the Day Met the Night

'Cos That's Just Ridiculous

Recap: Spencer’s mouth drops as he looks at me in shock and freezes on the spot. He would never have ever expected his sister to appear here, in Vegas of all places, completely unannounced. Something was not right.

*Spencer’s point of view*

What the hell is she doing here? When did she get here? Why did she come here?

She ignores us for a year and has not wanted to see us since she was 5 and now she is back, 12 years later, completely unannounced! Something cannot be right! Why…? That is all I need to know right now.

My mouth hangs open as I consider her. I don’t know whether to be mad at her for her negligence to contact or just be pleased that I can finally see my twin sister. After all I do still love her and she has made an effort to come and visit us. Knowing her, she probably is petrified that Dad and I will not accept her, though I don’t think I could turn her away. Even if I did, Dad would search all over Vegas for her. Though he does not show it, he has never stopped loving Angel. She broke his heart when she never returned our calls and every time that she told us not to come and visit her. She really did destroy him…

However disgusted I am at her, I need to find out why she is here. I can’t just leave my sister out in the middle of Vegas alone (which I assume she is since I cannot see Mum anywhere). Yes…I have finally decided; she is my sister and I love her.

Watching as she nervously bites her lip, she stares back into my eyes. I can see her eyes giving up and I realise that I have been standing in silence. She begins to turn around as I see Brendon quickly whip his head round from me, to her and then back to me in sheer confusion. Finally realising that I am letting her leave again, my arm stretches out and grabs her forearm. She turns her head to look down at what is anchoring her and then her gaze drags upwards to see me. She gives me a weak smile as I realise the mistake I had nearly committed by letting her nearly escape again.

“Sis, please stay. We really missed you and I just want to get to know you again,” I draw up the courage to say. She looks in shock as she finally realises what I have said and then quite suddenly, she pulls me into a massive hug and I can feel the tears drip down her face.

She finally pulls away and beams up at me. I don’t think I have even felt closer to my sister than now. I finally can register her face as I hold her at arms length. Her previously blonde hair has now been dyed black and there are some small streaks of red at the tips of her relatively long hair that goes up until half way down her back. Her eyes are now surrounded by a thick layer of eyeliner and smoky black eye-shadow, which gives her a sort of misty look. However those eyes are still the same. We share the same eyes and these will never change.

Angel sees me looking at her image in awe and slightly chuckles. “So…erm…is Dad around?” She asks me nervously.

“Um…” I pause to think, “he has gone out of town for work. He’ll be back in a few days.” She breathes a sigh of relief and I can sense her anxiety even though she should not worry. “Don’t worry. Dad will be ecstatic that you’re here. You should ring him later.” I note her slight glance that says ‘yeah, sure’ but choose to ignore it. “So shall we take your things inside?”

“Well I don’t actually have anything, but I don’t mind going inside,” she mumbles and smiles.

“Sure sweetie, I guess so.” I then just remember something. I turn and see that Brendon had probably gone back inside a while ago “Just so you know, three of my mates are here,” I say. “They’re okay,” I add in reassurance as I glance at her nervous face. “So shall we,” I hold my arm up for Angel to grab.

“Yes we shall,” she giggles and then holds onto my arm as we cautiously walk up my driveway, which is now also her driveway too.
♠ ♠ ♠
I realise that this is kind of short, so I'm sorry. It's also a filler but I needed to put this part in for me to be able to do some other stuff in the future. I promise that from the next chapter, it will definately get more exciting!

Unfortunately, I shall be going on a hike from tomorrow until Monday. I shall therefore only be able to update on Tuesday, but I'll write loads! I'm so sorry :(

Love you all,
-Angel