Wilderness Boarding School - For Troubled Teens

I've Always Wanted You

Gerard’s P.O.V:

Billie received another call from Adrienne. I was kinda pissed off that he left me alone in the dorm for hours as he talked to another on the phone. By the time he came back I guess I’d fallen asleep, as I was soon awoken by a boy in ruins. “Gerard?”

“What’s wrong,” I mumbled, having just woken up.

“I told her everything,” he said. He wiped the tears from his face. “I told her, and she went off at me...”

“What did she say?”

“She called me sick and a cheater...she...she said she hates me...” More tears fell from Billie’s saddened eyes. I didn’t know what to say, so I hugged him instead. I hated to see him upset. “I just wish she were more understanding.”

“What? Why?” I pulled away from him.

“Well, because I lo-” Billie stopped what he was saying. I guess he realised who he was talking to. “Wait...shit, I didn’t mean that. I just wish she understood...”

“What, so you could run off with her after all!?” I yelled.

“I didn’t say that!” he yelled back.

“You thought it!”

“That’s not what I was thinking at all! You know I love you...”

“I know you love her too...” Billie sighed.

“I didn’t mean it that way...”

“You want her to understand so that you can leave me. You want to be with her!” I turned to face away from him. I couldn’t be angry with him when he looked so upset.

“I wanna be with you Gee...that’s why I told her...”

“I’m going back to sleep.” I got up from the chair and went to bed, as sleeping in the chair had given me a sore neck. I heard Billie get up from the floor and go to his own bed.

I was awoken by Billie softly playing his guitar. I listened for a while as he would softly play a tune, then curse when he fucked up. He finally seemed happy with a tune he was playing, and began to softly hum along to it. I got up and stretched, then headed for the bathroom to shower. I was still angry at Billie from last night. When I got out, Billie was still playing guitar. “Can you sit for a minute?” he asked, looking up from his guitar to me. I sat down on the end of my bed facing him. “I uhh...I wrote this a few weeks into our relationship...” He started to play the same tune I’d heard him making as I woke up.

“Here we go again infatuation touches me just when I thought that it would end.
Ohh but then again it seems much more than that but I'm not sure exactly what you’re thinking.
Well I toss and turn all night thinking of your ways of affection,
But to find that it’s not different at all.
Well I throw away my past mistakes and contemplate my future,
That's when I say,
What the hey.
Would it last forever?
You and I together hand in hand we run away...far away.
I'm in for nasty weather,
But I’ll take whatever you can give that comes my way, yeah,
Far away.”

He finished up and put his guitar back against the wall where it seemed to live. I repeated the lyrics over and over in my head, distracted by the fact that Billie could sing so well. It made me jealous, as I’d attempted singing a few years back, but had long since given up. Billie came back over and sat beside me.

“So uhh...basically, I just wanted to prove that right from the start, I’ve always wanted you...” He trailed off and looked down at the floor. I sighed.

“That was a lovely song,” I admitted. “You’re a damn good singer.” Billie looked up at me and smiled.

“Thanks.” His eyes flickered to my lips briefly. “I’d do anything to prove my love for you.”

“I know you would,” I said softly. “I’m sorry for going off at you last night. Thankyou for telling her about us...”

“I had to. I had to make a decision...so I had to leave her for good Gee. You mean more to me than she ever could...” I leant over to kiss Billie. He returned it, and wrapped his arms around me. It seemed as if we’d resolve anything thrown our way eventually. Nothing could tear us apart.
♠ ♠ ♠
I know...it's short...
I'm sorry :(

The song is Going To Pasalacqua by Green Day...if you haven't heard it then you should check it out!