Troubled Figures.

Chapter Three.

"Ashley, there is something I have been wanting to tell you lately and I think now is the perfect time." He started saying then hesitated for a few moments. "We have been best friends since before I could remember and I can't help it, but I'm falling for you." He said then smiled at me. I just gave him a blank stare. I just kept staring at him until he started waving his hand in front of my face to snap me out of the stare. "Did you hear me?" He asked.
"Yeah, I don't know what to say back to that except I feel the same way." I said to him and we both smiled at each other He leaned over and kissed my cheek. I got a little red in the cheeks but that was fine because it was dark out. We figured on getting back to my house. We stood up from the bench and started walking back to 24th street. As we were walking Joe reached for me hand again and we held hands on the walk back. We reached my house and walked into my house. My mom was sitting on the couch and when we walked in she looked at me then at us and saw us holding hands. She gave me the 'when did this happen' look. I just smiled at her and we walked into my room. I sat on my bed and Joe sat down next to me.
"So does this mean we're dating?" I asked hoping he would say yes.
"That one is all up to you. I would love to date you but it's your choice." He said smile a smile. His brown eyes were looking into mine.
"It's a possibility." I said. I then leaned in and kissed him.
"So, I'm going to take that as a yes." He said smiling. I smiled back at him.
"You have such an amazing smile." He said.
"You really think so?" I asked him.
"Of course. I wouldn't say it if I didn't mean it." He said. Just as things were getting even better his cell rang.
"Hold on it's my mom." He said picking up his phone and answering it. "Hello? It's not that late out. Alright bye." He hung up the phone and looked at me. "My mom wants me home now. I don't want to leave; I wish I didn't have to." He said with a sad face.
"I wish you didn't have to leave either. But I don't want you to get in trouble." I said as we both stood up and I walked him outside. He gave me a kiss on the cheek and walked down my porch steps. I waved at him and he waved back.
"Is Kevin on his way to come get you?" I asked him.
"Yeah, he should be here any minute." He said. "Speaking of the devil." He said as Kevin pulled up.
"Call me when you get home or text me or something." I said and he said he would and got into the car. I waited until he left to walk back inside.
"So what's going on with you and Joe?" Mom asked me.
"We're dating now." I said with a big smile upon my face.
"Did this all happen at the boardwalk?" She asked me.
"Yeah, somewhat. He told me his feelings and I said I felt the same and it just happened." I said. I could talk to my mom about anything because she was like my best friend and we talked about everything together.
"I was waiting for this to happen." She said to me.
"You knew it was going to happen?" I asked her.
"Of course, a mother knows these kinds of things. And I could see how you acted around each other and it was only a matter of time." She said with a little laugh.
"Well, I'm exhausted. I'm going to get ready for bed. Good night." I said as I walked into my bedroom. I changed into pajama's and sat in bed. I soon got a text from Joe. I'm home. I replied. That's good to know. = ] I wish you could come back! =[ I sent it and got a message back. I know me too. But we always have tomorrow and after. I replied to it. Yeah that's true. I'm about to go to bed though. Can I text you in the morning? I hit sent and waited for a response. Sure, I'll talk to you tomorrow. Good night. I replied to that. Good night. And hit sent. I put my phone down not expecting another text. <3 I smiled when I saw this. I hit reply and sent <3 =] I hit send and put my phone down once more and rolled over on the bed and fell asleep.
♠ ♠ ♠
HOPE YOU ALL ENJOYED THIS CHAPTER. I LOVE THIS CHAPTER. I KNOW ASHLEY LOVES IT AND HOPEFULLY EVERYONE ELSE DOES TOO. WHAT DO YOU THINK ABOUT JOE AND ASHLEY, THEY WOULD MAKE A PERFECT COUPLE IN MY EYES. : ] TELL ME WHAT YOU THINK SO FAR PLEASE. (: