And It Rained All Night

01

‘’I’m sick of your attitude, young lady!’’ Mum shrieked. ‘’Chelsea Morrison, grow up!’’
‘’don’t you come here and tell me what to do! You’re never fucking home! I know you’re trying to support the family, I really do! But Corey and I are sick of you letting out your anger on us!’’ I cried in reply.

Instead of waiting for her response, I ran up the stairs and into my room. Sky, my pet border collie, lay on my floor, her eyes barley open. I reached down to scratch her ear, then quickly stood up again and began to rummage through my cupboard. I pulled out my purple and black Birthday Massacre hoodie, and tugged it over my head. Pulling my long, auburn hair out of the hood, I crossed the room and gazed out the window. I watched the rain drown Jersey, as lightning lighted up the dark sky.

I looked away, my eyes falling onto Skye. She glared angrily at me, and the hate that once filled my body returned again. Grabbing her lead off my bed, I hooked it onto her collar and walked downstairs with her by my side. I didn’t stop walking until I reached the foyer. Then I paused and opened the front door.

‘’Where are you going?’’ Mum yelled, her voice flowing into the room, from the lounge room.
‘’I don’t know.’’

**

By the time I reached the park, I was drenched. Although tired, Skye seemed to be enjoying the walk. My shoes felt like a bath, and the sound of my teeth chattering was almost louder than the furious thunder.

I could barley see anything; the combination of rain dripping in my eyes and the dark night sky was not good if you wanted to observe what was in front of you, although the street lights helped.
♠ ♠ ♠
comments and subscriptions are appreciated!
also, please check out my other story, ''beneath the surface.''
it's a kings of leon fanfic, but even if you're not a fan of them, you still might enjoy it. (;