No Such thing As Happy Ending

Alter-Ego

We landed in Los Angeles and just went straight to the limo waiting for us. Our bags were in it already. So Mr. and Mrs. Laroche are stinking rich, but childless. We arrived at their GIGANTIC mansion and they brought me to my room. Just what I expected: luxurious, extravagant, and beautiful. Isa and Fabien left the house right after they dropped me off. They had a conference in Greece for two weeks, so it’s all mine, excluding the maids, gardeners and drivers, of course. I turned the TV that was in my room on. There was a trailer for Twilight. As I watched, I remembered Shawn. I haven’t seen him in 5 years since he moved to Los Angeles from Miami. I wonder if he’s here. I watched the trailer and saw Taylor Lautner portraying Jacob Black. I fell off the couch I was sitting in. He’s a splitting image of Shawn! The doorbell rang and I heard the household telephone ring. I picked it up. It was the butler, Anthony. My new puppy, named Schmooze, jumped.
“Ms. Melody, a boy named Shawn Matthew wants to see you.” Anthony’s voice said through the receiver.
“Send him up please, and thank you.” I put the phone down, and switched the channel to Disney Channel. Burnin’ Up was playing and the oh-so-hot Joe Jonas was singing. There was a knock on my door. I opened it and saw a much mature Shawn in front of me. He lifted me up from the ground and gave me a tight hug. I giggled.
“Melody, I missed you so much!” Shawn said through my hair. He was 5’6 and I was 5’5, so no difference.
“I missed you, too!” I hugged him tighter. I pulled away from the hug and looked at him closely.
“Why do you look like Taylor Lautner?” I asked him. He smiled.
“It’s because I am Taylor Lautner.” He said.
“What?”
“I am Taylor Lautner. I changed my name to keep my personal life private. Before you ask, I got your address from Mrs. Rice.” He said. I laughed, and then realized something.
“Of all the names, why Taylor?” I hit him in his chest. Ow. His chest was hard.
“Because it popped up into my mind.” He shrugged. I laughed louder. His cell phone rang and he picked it up.
“Yeah, I’ll meet you Starbucks? Can I bring a friend? NO, she isn’t! Haha, okay. See you, bye.” Shawn closed his phone. He looked at the TV screen where Burnin’ Up was ending.
“Wanna come to Starbucks to meet some friends of mine?” he asked me.
“Yeah, lemme change first.” I said, and turned off the TV. I walked inside my closet, locked the door and changed into a pink shirt dress, faded skinny jeans, and gold pumps. I stepped outside and saw Shawn staring at me.
“You have changed a lot ever since 8 years ago when we left.” He said and stood up. I smiled. He saw Schmooze sitting on my bed and patted his head.
“I never thought you would get a dog after Choco died.” He smiled sadly.
“Me too, but they got me Schmooze!” I exclaimed, hugging the cute puppy.
“Huh? What pitiful name did you give this dog?!” he asked.
“Schmooze. You know, like snooze, only with ‘chm’?” I pointed out. He laughed and I left Schmooze with a few toys to play with and a few treats. Shawn and I went to his car, a Mercedes-Benz SLK 350. He outdid himself this time. He only has a registration but not a license, so we were careful. We arrived at Starbucks in one piece and ordered. I started to sit down a table when Shawn stopped me.
“No, my friends are sitting over there.” He said, and pointed to a table where three boys were sitting. All of them were wearing sunglasses, hats and scarves. Shawn was also wearing hats and sunglasses just in case any fans pass by, but I don’t see the point why these guys wear them. Shawn walked up to them casually and did high fives.
‘Listen girl you gotta be good, I don’t wanna hurt you, I wanna kiss you!’
My phone rang and people stared at me. Why do I need to love that part? My other best friend, Chantal, was calling.
“Just a sec.” I excused myself from Shawn and the three guys. Shawn nodded and sat with them. The other two were listening while the other one was just staring at me walking away.
This is how the conversation went: 1. Me-purple;2. Chantal-red
2:(Crying) Melody, I miss you!
1.Aww, I miss you to Chantal! What are you doing right now?
2.Ha! I think that’s what I need to ask you!
1.What do you mean?
2.It’s all over the celebrity gossip. You are dating Taylor Lautner!
1.Hell, naw, girl.
2.Umm, hello, it showed a picture of you and Taylor walking hand-in-hand going out of a huge house.
1.(Thinking: How could someone take a picture of us so fast?) No, it wasn’t Tay-
2.O…M…G… please don’t tell me he’s your live in partner! (Sobbing)
1.NO! It wasn’t Taylor, idiot. It was Shawn.
2.It was your long lost best friend Shawn?
1.Yes.
2.Then why does he look like Taylor?
1.I dunno. He just does. (Thinking: I’m sorry, Chantal, I’m not allowed to tell)
2.Oh.
1.Hey, I gotta go, my order’s ready.
2.Okay, call me later, Melody. I’m getting annoyed like hell by my brothers!
1.(Laughing) Okay, bye, love you and miss you.
2.Toodles, and I miss you too and I love you too!
I closed my phone laughing and went in the store. My order was already placed on the table beside a guy. As soon as I sat down, he greeted me.
“Hey, what’s your name?” he asked me.
“It’s Melody.” I took a sip of my Cappuccino. He smirked.
“You know, I love it.” He said and took a bit of his muffin.
“Pardon me?” I asked.
“The song BB Good, but I love the Jonas Brothers more. I know everything about them.” He said.
I looked at him questionably. Is this guy gay?!
“Oh. How do you know the Jonas Brothers?” I asked him.
“Because I’m Joe Jonas.” He shrugged and smiled. He was Joe Jonas with that dazzling smile.
“Then that means…” I looked at the two boys across the table. They both smiled that swooning Jonas smile at me.
“Shawn, did you plan this?!” I confronted him. The Jonas Brothers looked at Shawn.
“Okay, I admit it, my name isn’t Taylor, it’s Shawn.” He said to the Jonas Brothers. They just shrugged and went back to their food.
“Melody, I didn’t plan this. They just called me.” Shawn explained.
“Okay.” I said and when we finished eating, Shawn and I went into his car while they went into theirs. We were all going to my house.
I never knew that what Shawn just did would change my life forever.
♠ ♠ ♠
ahaha...see...?? THE SECOND. =D

COMMENTS!!