No Such thing As Happy Ending

Schmooze

As it turns out, those three brothers were lovable. They were sincere, humble, and such gentlemen!
“Hey, Melody, what’s the name of your dog?” Joe asked me as soon as we came into my room.
“Schmooze, but my dog before was named Choco.” I said, remembering the old brown dog I got when I was 6 years old.
“Mine was named Cocoa, but he died of old age. I got him when I was 6.” He sighed, and patted Schmooze’s head.
“But at least we have Elvis now!” Nick beamed. I laughed, but saw Joe frowning.
“He’s your dog, not mine.” Joe pouted. I got an idea.
“When’s your birthday?” I asked Joe.
“It’s in two months, why?” He said, obviously confused. I just smiled.
“Nothing.” I shrugged and turned the TV on. Hannah Montana was playing and it was the episode with the Jonas Brothers in it.
“Ooh, let’s watch us!” Joe and Nick chimed in at the same time. They glared at each other and sat down beside me on my bed, one brother on each side. The episode finished and Kevin and Shawn were sleeping while Joe and Nick were almost sleeping.
“Guys, wake up, it’s 8 o’clock!” I shouted. All of the boys jumped up. I just laughed and pointed at the clock. It was 6:30PM. Kevin and Shawn got their car keys out and headed for the door. Joe got out his cell phone and dialed a number. While he was talking on his phone outside of my room, Nick and I talked.
“Hey, Melody, wanna come for dinner?” Nick asked me. I looked at him and he was blushing! Aww, so cute! Just then, Joe barged in and grinning from ear to ear.
“Hey, mom said you could come over for dinner.” Joe said, putting his phone into his pocket.
“Yeah, I can. Nick asked me before you, though.” I said cautiously. They glared at each other again, but I slipped my hand through their arms and dragged them downstairs.
I went into their car since Shawn still had a press conference.
“Sorry, Morgan, but it’s for the premier of Twilight.” He said, giving me a hug.
“Okay, I’ll see you tomorrow.” I said and he drove away. Joe, Nick and I climbed into Kevin’s Jeep and drove to their house.
*>Jonas Residence<*
“Hello, Melody. My name is Denise and I am Joe, Kevin and Nick’s mom.” Mrs. Jonas shook my hand.
“Don’t forget about me!” a young boy ran into the room and jumped into Nick’s arms.
“Hey, hey, Tank!” Nick said, ruffling the boy’s hair.
“Frankie, did your girlfriend pass by?” Joe teased. Frankie frowned and looked at me.
“Who are you?” he backed up. Mrs. Jonas gave him a look.
“Sorry, I meant, what’s your name?” Frankie said, looking at Mrs. Jonas. She smiled and whispered to me.
“Sorry about that.” She whispered. I giggled.
“Its okay, Mrs. Jonas.” I smiled.
“Just Denise, honey.” She said, and walked over to her husband, who waved at me from the grill outside.
“Melody, mom just called you honey! You’re in her good books!” Joe cheered. I laughed and felt someone tugging at my shirt.
“What’s your name?” it was Frankie.
“My name is Melody Morgan.” I shook his hand. He smiled and took my hand while Nick took his other hand. Joe took my other hand and Kevin answered the door.
“You’re really pretty.” Frankie blushed, and I blushed, too.
“You’re just saying that.” I said.
“No, he isn’t.” Joe smiled shyly. I blushed more and we walked outside.
“Hey, guys, look who showed up!” Kevin said. Beside him was a girl with brown hair, brown eyes with tanned skin.
“Hey, guys!” she waved at the boys. Frankie, Nick and Joe ran to her and Joe hugged each other a tad bit too long for my taste.
“Oh, I’m sorry. I didn’t know Joey has a GF!!” she squealed. My eyes widened and also Nick’s and Joe’s.
“No! He’s not my boyfriend!” I was alarmed. Her smile fell.
“Oh. Well, Joe, I hope you aren’t coming back with Taylor. She’s a brat.” She pouted. Nick and Kevin laughed while Joe ran upstairs to his room. Whoa, touchy guy.
“Hi, my name is Danielle Deleasa. You are…?” she shook my hand.
“I’m Melody, Abigail Melody Morgan.” I smiled. She pulled me into a hug and whispered into my ear, “Don’t worry, Joe will come back.”
“I hope so.” I laughed, and so did she. We went outside for the barbecue. I got to know the Jonas family better. Nick and I got the job of cleaning, so we ate quickly Despite Elvis trying to get into our food.
While Nick and I were cleaning up, I asked him a question.
“Why are you so close to Frankie?” I tilted my head. He smiled.
“It’s coz I was 8 years old when he was born and, well, I made an oath to myself that I will take care of him.” He shrugged. I nodded and it was pretty awkward. He looked at me and slowly leaned in. I just froze in place, not knowing what to do. When our lips were only millimeters away from each other, Joe came into the kitchen.
“Melody, want to- umm, was I disturbing something?” he asked, looking down. I pulled away from Nick.
Joe had already walked out. Nick gave me an apologetic look as I sighed and ran outside after Joe. He was running himself and I saw him go around the corner of the block.
“Joe!” I called out after him. He just kept his pace. I ran after him and grabbed his hand.
“Joe, listen to me.” I tried to explain. He turned and pushed me into a wall. He was breathing heavily and it was scaring me.
“I’m listening.” He grunted. I breathed out shakily.
“There was nothing going on, Joe. It’s just, I’ve never kissed a guy before and I didn’t know what to do.” I explained, almost breaking out in tears. Joe softened his grip on me a little and looked down.
“I-I’m sorry. I-I just got c-carried a-away.” He stammered. I smiled weakly and looked at Joe. We walked back to his house hand in hand, but halfway there, a camera flash blinded our eyes. Joe sped up his pace and I did, too and thankfully, arrived at his house safe. We sighed and his mother came running down the steps.
“Joe! Melody! Where were you two?” Denise enveloped both of us in a hug.
“I was just outside getting some fresh air and saw him there.” I replied. Joe gave me a weird look but he played along.
“Yeah, mom, we thought we needed to go in.” he said. We weren’t exactly lying, right?
“Sure you were…” Kevin teased. He had his arm around Danielle’s waist and Danielle was lying on the couch with her hand on Kevin’s chest.
“Kevin, don’t give your mom a hint!” she hissed and hit his chest. Kevin chuckled and kissed Danielle’s forehead. Denise just laughed and shook her head.
“Joe, Taylor just called. She-“Paul came running.
“No, dad, I don’t wanna know.” Joe said and disappeared into his room. It was quiet for a few minutes when he called me up.
“Melody, come here!” he called. Denise and Paul laughed. I chuckled and ran upstairs to his room. I went inside and I regretted it.
Joe was on his bed staring at his laptop, almost smashing the touch pad with his clicks.
“Joe, don’t kill the laptop!” I rushed to his side. He made space for me on his bed and I sat down beside him. He pointed at the monitor while looking at me.
There was a picture of us holding hands and running into his house together. My mouth fell and my eyes widened. The picture was posted just a few minutes ago. I read the news article.
‘Joe Jonas was seen with a non-showbiz girl running into his house hand-in-hand. Are they going out? Is she going to be Joe’s rebound girl from Taylor Swift? Which songs are written about her? The same girl was also seen with Taylor Lautner, so is she a double-timer? These are some questions that we will ask when we get in touch of Joe Jonas or one of his brothers.’
I finished reading it when Joe’s phone rang. He pressed ‘decline’ and put it down. We sighed at the same time.
Listen girl, I don’t wanna hurt you, I wanna-
I flipped my phone open without bothering to look at the caller ID.
“Hello?”
“Melody, please don’t tell me you are dating Joe Jonas.” It took me awhile to recognize the voice. It was Isabelle Laroche, my adoptive mom. I stood up, alert.
“No, Isa, I’m not. I’m just…close friends with him, that’s all.” I explained. I heard a sigh in the other line.
“Melody, my husband and I trust you, okay? We don’t want you to be horded with the paparazzi.” Isa finished. I nodded then realized she couldn’t see me.
“Yes, Isa.” I mumbled, a bit put off by what she said. Who cares if I dated the Joe Jonas? Not that I don’t want to…
“I’m just making sure. I called Anthony to ask him if you’re home, but he said no. Where are you? Please don’t tell me you’re at the Jonas’s house!” she exclaimed. I can hear her husband choking in the background.
“I am, but so what? The-“I started, but she cut me off.
“What do you mean so what?! Go home. Right this instant!” she screeched through the phone. I held it away from my ear as the screeching continued. Joe gave me a weird look and I just shrugged.
“Bye.” I said to Isa and turned the phone off so as to not allow incoming calls from either her or Anthony.
“Who was that?” Joe asked as he patted a space on his bed next to him. I sat down and looked into the computer. He was on his blog and was explaining about the picture.
“It was Isabelle, my adoptive mother.” I replied. He just nodded quietly and continued typing. I lied on his back as he typed. I slowly fell asleep, but woke up with Joe flipping over, and pulling me up to his pillow. He gave me a soft kiss on the cheek and whispered huskily, “Sweet dreams, Mel.” He snuggled up to me and draped one of his arms around my waist as I slowly drifted to sleep.
Mel--I like the sound of that…
♠ ♠ ♠
I,strangely enough, have fallen in LOVE with this Chapter. It's so adorable =)