Status: complete.

Breaking the Rules, NHL Style

part two That One Burger Place

“Tristan!”

I rolled over.

No way am I waking up right now!I cried in my head, and glanced at the clock. Freakin' 5:20, hell no!

I put a pillow over my head. But the knock at the door came again, and I heard Kallie groan, she was in the bed next to me. I got up, rubbing the sleep out of my eyes and made my way to the door, opening it as the light stung my eyes.

“What!” I whisper-yelled at Alex Burke, my coordinator.

“You better get ready, you have that meeting with Easton at eight,” he informed me. I rolled my eyes.

“Why do I have to meet with them?” I asked sleepily, not really caring, sine it was five in the morning.

“Because they want to sign you as one of their players.”

“Players?”

“Yes Tristan, like they give you money to wear their gear.”

“More money,” I was seriously getting irritated. “I don’t need it!”

“Trust me, this is going to be a good deal. Plus, we both know that you like Easton’s gear.”

“Ah Alex! When do I get to go home?” I asked, I had already been busy for the past four days here in Toronto, and Kallie and I wanted to go back.

“Soon, I promise. You know that you have to go to Pittsburgh in a week and a half, right? Your going to have to move there, hun.”

“First off, do not call me hun. And yes, I understand, are you coming there with me?”

“I already told you Tristan, I live there, and yes I will be helping you in Pittbsurgh.”

“Sorry I couldn’t remember since it’s five in the morning,” I hissed at him.

“I’m sorry, but you can you please hurry?”

“Okay. Thanks I guess,” I shrugged about to shut the door, but he held it open. What idiotic man!

“We have to leave here in thirty minutes.”

“Do I get breakfast?”

“Yes, is Kallie coming?”

“Sure, we’ll met you in the lobby in thirty.”

With that I shut the door, going to the bathroom to turn the shower on.

“Kallie, I am taking a shower now, if you want to go, you can come,” I told her shaking her shoulder.

“Huh?” she whispered, sitting up.

“I’m taking a shower. I have an meeting with Easton, want to go?”

“Yeah, hurry up.”

“Mhm.”

I grabbed some of my Penguins attire and headed to the bathroom. I took a super fast shower and got dressed, letting Kallie go in.

“What are you wearing?” Kallie asked as she walked out of the bathroom with a robe on.

I lazily trekked over to her to show her my outfit.

“All right, so I’ll try not look like a Penguins fan,” she laughed and I glared at her.

“I’m not a fan, a player, a player!” I said and we both laughed.

I was wearing a long sleeved black Penguins shirt, gray pants with penguins logo on my leg, and then a black sweatshirt, my hair was up in a loose pony tail.

“Let’s go.”

Thirty minutes later we arrived in the lobby.

[two weeks later]

“Say what?” I asked, sitting next to Alex at a small Penguins conference, including no players, wearing my new blue Easton sweatshirt.

I did get a contract, so now I was getting all of their clothes, (Easton’s making a clothing line for me) and I was also getting all new hockey gear, which I badly needed.

“You are going to be staying with them, is that all right with you?” Mario Lemieux asked.

Yeah sure, staying with them is great! Not.

“So I really have to share a house with them?” I asked.

“Correct, they just bought it, and they painted your room for you already.”

Dad, I couldn’t just get my own apartment? ‘No it would be a great idea for you to stay with some of your teammates Tristan!’

I was replaying the words my dad had told me just a couple minutes before going into this conference.

“Fine, so I get my own room?” I asked.

Mario and Alex shook their heads yes.

I walked out of the building and to my new beaten up car that I had just bought.

“What a beautiful day it is here in Pittsburgh,” the voice came on as I started up my car. ”Yes it is Hunter, now have you heard the news?” Another man answered, “Yes the first female player in the NHL, Tristan Davis is playing for the Pittsburgh Penguins.” ”But Tristan isn’t really a girl name!” The two men started laughing, and annoyed, I turned off the radio. I had heard that a million times, and frankly it was getting infuriating, but not as much as my new living arrangements...

-------->
----->


I got out of the car pulling into the driveway. I opened the door with the key that I had been given. This was going to be my fourth night living with these freaks.

It wasn’t as bad as I had anticipated, but living with three young NHL stars was far from something I wanted to be doing.

“Tristy!” someone yelled when I walked through the door.

And then I saw him, Evgeni Malkin, running toward me.

“You’re home!” he cried.

I was trying to run away, but unfortunately, I was too late.

Evgeni squished me into a hug.

“Malkin! Malkin! I CAN’T BREATH!” I screamed, and he let go of me laughing.

I threw a glare his way.

“Shut it. Now what are we having for dinner?”

“I don’t know, I think that Staalsy’s cooking.”

“Oh no, not a replay of last night!” I cried and then I smelt something - burning.

Evgeni and I exchanged looks. “

Crap!” we both yelled and ran into the room.

I heard laughing, and then saw some smoke.

“Jordan!” I yelled, grabbing the fire extinguisher that was in the closet to my left, I had learned last night where it was placed.

I sprayed the stove and then the smoke slowly disappeared, but not the hysterical laughter.

And there in the middle of it was non other than Sidney Crosby and Jordan Staal.

“Are you kidding me?” I asked annoyed, there were more hysterics, and this time Evgeni joined in.

I sprayed Jordan and Sidney, and was about to turn around to spray Evgeni when I heard, “thanks for saving me oh mighty goddess!”

Jordan ran over to me and picked me up, I accidentally dropped the extinguisher.

“Put me down you beast!” I screamed laughing (he was tickling me.)

“I’ll save you!” Sidney cried, trying to grab me from Jordan’s grip.

“Great! Just what I need a kid saving me,” I replied sarcastically and smirked at him.

“Hey I’m taller and older than you!” Sidney shot back and finally grabbed me from Jordan.

“What are we having for dinner?” Evgeni asked, looking at the burnt food on the stove as Sidney put me down.

“Lets go out?” Jordan suggested as I cleaned up the mess he made.

“Sure,” we all agreed.

“Where are we going?” Evgeni contemplated, scratching his chin.

“How about that one new burger place?” Sidney asked.

“Let’s go!” Jordan cried, as the boys ran out of the room, then ran back, realizing they forgot me.

“Tristy you going?” Evgeni asked me.

“I don’t think so.”

But, then he gave me those eyes, that had gotten me to stay in the house with these fools and not leaving the second I moved in.

“Sure, I’ll be right there, I’m going to change.”

I walked up to my room, which the ‘boys’ had already painted before I had moved into the house. The wall was blue, chocolate brown and white strips. And was actually surprising nice. They had bought me a beautiful bed, and dressers, a workspace, a T.V. set and there was also a sitting area. I think they paid someone to design the room. There is no way they did that, although they wouldn’t admit it. It was nice I had to give them that. I had my own huge bathroom, that was connected to a walk- in closet (I had the master suite, the boys thought I would like it. And I do!)

The boys rooms were also pretty big and designed nicely, along with the rest of the house. Once I had seen the rest of the house, I knew they had hired somebody.

My bedding was cool and it matched my room colors. I had put my things away after the Penguins meeting. I liked my room. Although the only thing that sucked was that all of our bedrooms were on the same floor... you get the idea.

I changed into some jean shorts and a tank top, grabbing a Penguins zip up hoodie. I walked downstairs.

“My car!” Jordan yelled grabbing his keys and running out the door with Evgeni.

“C’mon.” Sidney commanded, reaching out his hand. I was about to slap it away till I saw his face.

I guess the more and more I hung around these morons the softer I grew. I was a cold person to people that I already didn’t like, even if I didn’t know them well.

I took one last look at his smiling face and grabbed his hand. He smiled and I returned it. He laced my fingers with his and we walked out the door.

“Tristan!” “Ms. Davis!”

I heard cries for me, most of them were reporters. I sighed.

“She’s eating dinner.” Evgeni called, waving to them.

“She’ll talk to you after!” Jordan said, who was in front of us, I was on either side of Sidney and Evgeni.

“Thanks.” I shot a smile at Jordan who was grinning, and opening the door for me.

“Four?” the waitress asked as we walked into the new burger place, that wasn’t that busy, well, it was after all almost ten.

“Yes please,” Jordan replied, giving the girl a grin, and then wrapping his arm around me.

“Back off Staal.”

“C’mon Tristy, loosen up, your going to have to deal with us all season.”

“Which sucks!” I cried and then started laughing after seeing the expression that Jordan had plastered on his face.

We walked to the both and I decided to sit next to Sidney.

“What would you like to drink?”

“Coke!” Evgeni and I called at the same time. We looked at each other, and we just stared, at that moment butterflies erupted in my stomach.

Calm it Tristan, he’s Evgeni Malkin. Malkin! And besides, he’s your teammate. But the smirk, it’s so cute...

“Please,” I whispered as a blush spread across my face, I looked down, playing with my purse.

“So Tristan, tell us something about yourself. We only we know, that your seventeen, almost eighteen in July, and that you’ve lived in Buffalo, NY for awhile.” Sidney caught my attention, nudging.

“What do you want me to tell you?”

“Hey I’ve got an idea!”

“Oh no Jordan, not an idea!” I joked, halfway serious. Sidney and Evgeni laughed.

“Haha, funny Tristan.” I smiled at him and he smiled back.

“Okay Staalsy, what’s your idea?” Jordan smiled at the fact I had called him by a nickname.
“Lets play twenty one questions.”

“Isn’t it twenty?” Evgeni asked smirking.

That smirk! I felt like I wanted to melt.

“Yeah, but if it’s twenty then we each can ask seven!” Jordan explained, and Sidney started clapping.

“Jordan thank you for being smart!” Sidney said high-fiving him.

“For once!” I shot at him, smirking.

The boys laughed.

“Okay so, who wants to ask her first?” Jordan asked, he was obviously directing this.

“Me!” Sidney exclaimed as our drinks arrived, and we ordered our food. All of us ordered cheese burgers, it was a burger place after all.

“Okay, so what’s your favorite food?” Sidney asked, taking a sip of his Sprite.

Real original. “I would have to say sushi.”

“No way,” Evgeni said, surprised, looking at me.

“Uh huh, why?”

“I like sushi too.”

He put his hand to high-five me and I reached out to. The moment our hands touched, I could feel my heart beat up faster.

“My turn. Tristy, who do you like better, Red Wings or the Caps?” Jordan asked.

“Easy, Detroit by a land slid. They are my favorite team.”

“Awesome!”

“So, your favorite way to spend a special day?” Evgeni asked.

I was kind of shocked, he actually had good questions.

“Well for myself, or with friends?”

“Both, I guess,” he replied, shrugging.

“For me, I would go get a manicure and pedicure, and then treat myself to a nice lunch, and then probably go home and relax, watch a movie or something. And with friends. If I was back home my two best friends Kallie, Robert, and I would go to a movie. Then we would go to lunch, having fun catching up. We would go back to Robert’s home, because his parents are never home. There we would have a water fight, if it was summer, and if it was winter, we would have a snowball fight, then come in and fall asleep.” I smiled thinking of last summer when the three of us did that.

“That sounds like a fun day,” Evgeni smiled at me, I tried not to faint.

“What’s your dream goal to score?” Sidney asked.

“My dream goal? Hmm. Good question,” I said, trying to think. “Well, I would get passed the puck and head up the ice, I would then deek around the defensemen, as the other one is trying to get back, but my teammate was beating him. Then by the time I was at the blue line I would have a clear shot at the goalie. I would skate down, the goalie would move as I faked a shot, then I would shoot top shelf, right over the goalie’s glove. The crowd would go wild. Then the buzzer would ring, mine was the game winner,” I replied, totally in my own dream world. And then embarrassed, starting laughing at my answer.

“Now that is a dream goal,” Jordan exclaimed.

“Thanks! I’m gonna score it too!”

“I think you are too,” Evgeni said and I looked up.

I started into his brown eyes, I swear I saw something flash across them? But what was it?

“Your staring,” Evgeni replied lazily, a huge smirk appearing on his face.

“Shut it!”

I was about to smack him, but, “here’s your food.” interrupted me.