Status: complete.

Breaking the Rules, NHL Style

part three Barnes & Noble

“Hey. WHO DID THIS!” I cried, whip cream on my face.

I sat up, suddenly wide awake. There so dead. This wasn’t the first time they had pulled a prank on me. Lucky me. And I had only lived with them for three weeks.

Laughing made it’s way to my ears once more, it was hushed, but I could tell it was the three demon children living in the same house as me. I got off the bed and crouched down, reaching my whip creamed hand under the bed.

Bingo.

I had gotten someone, right in the face too.

“TRISTAN!” Sidney’s voice screeched.

I started laugh like a mad man.

“Sucks for you,” I sung, getting up and walking into my bathroom.

“Oh and by the way, don’t get whip cream on my bed or carpet, cause if you do you three will be cleaning it up.”

With that I shut the door, locking it.

“Losers,” I whispered, laughing lightly at them.

I washed the whip cream off my face and hands. I started my shower and then walked into my closet getting clothes for the day.

I reached for the light, when something grabbed my hand.

“AHHHH!” I screamed, the light flickered on and I was greeted with the laughing form of Evgeni Malkin.

“You idiot!” I cried, slapping his arm. “What are you doing, get out!”

“Tristan that look on your face...” he said softly, his voice almost hypnotizing.

“Yeah?”

Evgeni started to lean in.

“Was...” he whispered in my ear, butterflies were once again attacking my stomach.

I breathed lightly, not knowing what to say, his hand stroked my arm.

“Was... Hilarious!” he laughed stepping back.

“Evgeni! Get out of my bathroom!” I cried, pushing him to the door and locking it. “PSYCHO!” I cried, walking back into my closet]

[one hour later]

“Okay, who wants to go out to lunch?” I called, walking down the hall and into what the boys called the computer room, as we called it. This is where all of the boys have their computers, I kept mine safely looked away in my room.

“Hey Evgeni,” I greeted, leaning on the door frame.

Hm, where are the other two? I thought, they normal didn’t leave without screaming it to the whole world.

“Hey, want to go to lunch?” he asked me, getting up from his spot at the computer.

“Sure, were are the other two?” I asked, staring down Evgeni.

He was wearing a blue t-shirt, with white writing, although I couldn’t make out the words. He had jean shorts, with a white penguins hat.

Wow, he looks really good doesn’t he?

I then noticed that we were wearing pretty much the same outfit. I had a blue and white tank top on and jean shorts.

I smiled.

Evgeni and I were quite, staring into each others eyes.

“Sidney’s getting ready, and I think Jordan’s sleeping,” Evgeni said, breaking the silence.

“Oh, so where do you three wanna go? Can we like go to a bookstore real quick?” I asked.

“Sure!” was the reply.

“So wanna go to Barnes and Noble, and then go to lunch?”

“Sounds good,” he reached out to give me a high-five and I hit it.

“Why are we high-fiving?”

“Cause we agreed!” Evgeni laughed, slapping my back.

“Don’t slap me on my back!” I cried as Evgeni started to laugh.

“Let’s go! We’re taking my car Tristan!” He reached for my hand and pulled me down the stairs.

“Wait, Ev, what about the boys?” I asked, running down the steps with him.

“I’ll tell them to met us for lunch. Kay Tristy?”

“Okay.”

At the bottom of the stairs, I grabbed my wallet and phone, coat, and slipped on my shoes.

Evgeni opened the door.

“Thanks, loser!” I called, sticking out my tongue, laughing and jumping into his black Range Rover Sport.

“Off to Barnes and Noble!” Evgeni started up the car and pulled out of the driveway.

“I thought driving with Jordy was bad!” I grabbed onto the seat as Evgeni weaved in and out of traffic, laughing like a crazy man.

“MALKIN!” I cried, I swear this boy was going to be the death of me.

“Cool your jets,” Evgeni said calmly, pushing the breaks as hard as he could at the red light.

“YOU ARE AN IDIOT!”

“And you love me!” he cried. We looked at each other.

Those eyes are so pretty. I felt like I was melting and to top it off, I couldn’t pull my eyes away from his, and he didn’t seem like he could either.

“Your eyes are so pretty.” he said sweetly, putting his hand on my face. Evgeni pulled me closer to him.

“Evgeni,” I whispered.

“Tristan.”

I closed my eyes and so did he.

BEEP! BEEP!

The car horn pulled us back to reality. Evgeni pulled away, his hand dropping slowly from my face.

He turned away, keeping his eyes on the road. I looked out the window. This feeling, it was happening every time I was around Evgeni.

I looked over at Evgeni who’s eyes were plastered on the road, he seemed determined not to look away.

Ten minutes later we pulled up to Barnes and Noble. Great, this is going to be awkward. I was about to open up my door, when someone opened it for me.

“Thanks,” I said smiling at him. Evgeni shut the door for me and pulled me into a hug.

“You’re welcome.” he leaned in once more.

This is it, this is going to be the kiss. The kiss I’ve been waiting for...?

EVGENI MALKIN!”

I shook my head, backing away from the boy, who’s grin had suddenly disappeared. I looked behind him and saw a bunch of giggling girls.

“Hi, will you sign this for me?” one asked, she looked like she was still in high school.

Idiots. Are the hockey gods mad at me or something? Or someone just really doesn’t want me to kiss Malkin. And hell, maybe I don’t even want to.

“Sure,” Evgeni said, not in his usual tone. He signed the shirts quickly.

“Thanks!” the girls squealed and ran off.

“Let’s go love.” Evgeni said in a english accent.

“Ha ha, okay darling,” I replied laughing.

Evgeni laced his fingers with mine.

“So I take it, it’s okay to hold your hand?”

“Yeah, whatever.”

I looked away, trying to hid my very red face.

“You’re not blushing now are you?” he asked raising an eye brow.

“NO!” I dropped his hand and opened the door. At that moment my phone rang, and read Sidney Crosby.

“Hey Sido.”

“Hey, Tristy, so where did you two wonder off to?”

“Oh, we are at Barnes and Noble. Do you and Jordy want to go to lunch in a little bit?”

“Sure, let me talk to Geno.”

“What the hell, why didn’t you just call him?” I shook my head, handing Evgeni the phone, not really caring to hear Sidney’s response.

“Hey, yeah, so lunch?” Evgeni asked, as I pulled him through the aisles.

“Okay, so there at two?” I rolled my eyes, Evgeni was making faces at me. We were now standing in a corner, where nobody was, this Barnes and Noble was huge.

We sat down on the floor and I started flipping through a book.

“Sounds good Sid, see you and Staalsy then.”

With that Evgeni handed me back the phone, I put the phone back in my pocket.

“So what are you looking at?” I held up the book so he could see. “Hockey History?” Evgeni started laughing.

“Shut it.”

he scooted closer to me and I put half the book on his lap.

“Is this really what we came to look for?”

“Maybe.” Evgeni rolled his eyes.

“Hey my dad used to read me this book,” I retorted, and we both laughed, started flipping through the pages, as I read them out loud.

“That was some book,” I laughed, closing the book.

“You know it,” he said looking at the back of it.

“Evgeni Malkin, Pens super star and NHL newcomer Tristan Davis, are sitting alone at Pittsburgh’s Barnes and Noble.” I looked up.

“What the?” I asked, looking at a lady, talking to a camera.

“Great, the news.” Evgeni said rolling his eyes once more.

“What, they can’t just hop on people like that without giving them a warning!” I complained.

“Oh but they do,” Evgeni shook his head.

“Hello Mr. Malkin, and Ms. Davis!”

“Ahh, what?” I asked, confused.

“I am Ms. Emilia Alder,” she introduced, extending her hand. I reached out and shook it.

“Er, hi?”

She looked over at Malkin.

“Hello Evgeni.”

He shook her hand too.

“Could we have a short interview with the two of you?”

“Okay,” Evgeni said, smirking like crazy at me.

‘Your so dead.’ I mouthed. He laughed again.

“Okay, let’s sit on the ground.”

We’re already on the floor.

Emilia sat in front of us, and the Camera man sat as well. I then noticed the rest of the crew.

It reminded me of the interviews I had to have after eating at the one burger place. I mentally shook my head.

“So first is first, how long have you been here Tristan.”

“Tomorrow will be three and a half weeks.”

“Oh really, so what have you been doing?”

“Nothing really, just hanging out, in a couple of days our Penguins camp starts.”

“That is so exciting, so you already did the training camp?” Emilia asked.

“Yeah, to actually make the team, that was before I moved here.”

“How exciting! So how old are you?”

“Well right now I’m seventeen, but at the end of July I turn eighteen.”

“And you’ve graduated high school, right?”

“Yeah with a 4.0,” I beamed.

“Bragger.” Evgeni coughed, Emilia didn’t seem to notice.

“So what’s this about?” she asked us, pointing at the two of us.

“What?” Evgeni and I asked stupidly.

“Are you two hooked up?” Emilia asked giving us the eyes.

Who does she think she is!

“Well-”

“Yes, we are madly in love,” Evgeni said taking my hand, I shook my head.

“N-no, were not,” I insisted, pulling my hand out of Evgeni’s grip.

“No, just besties,” Evgeni chuckled, pulling me into a head lock and then gave me a noogie.

“EV!” I screamed.

Hah new nickname. Suck it, Evgeni.

He let me go and Emilia laughed.

“I see. So Tristan, how do you know Evgeni?” Emilia asked.

“Oh well sadly, I have to share a house with him, Sidney Crosby, and Jordan Staal this year.”

“Oh, and how's that going?”

“Crazy, they pull pranks on me all the time.” Emilia giggled, apparently amused at everything we say.

“Can you tell us some?”

“Well, this morning I woke up to my face whip creamed, by Jordan and Sidney. I then went to wash it off in my bathroom and Evgeni scared me in the closet. Not funny,” I added, as Evgeni started to laugh again.

“Well, Tristan, let’s get to know you. I’m sure that you will be having lots of interviews, but I want to know you away from the rink.” Emilia said smiling.

“Okay, what do you want to know?” I asked, Evgeni was looking at us, probably feeling left out.

“I’m sure all the guys want to know, your such a good looking girl, are you currently dating?”

“Me? Well no.”

“What qualities do you look for in a man?”

Evgeni snorted, I threw a glare his way.

“Well, someone that’s fun to be around, nice, smart, likes hockey, or not, I don’t really care, as long as they don’t hate it. Someone that can be flexible with what I do, and someone that can accept me as me,” I said, dreamily.

“So Evgeni what about you?” Emilia asked, shoving a microphone at him.

“A girl who is cute, funny, nice, smart, and has to like hockey. They have to like me because of me, and not because of whatever they think I am. They have to have a good sense of humor, and like to eat,” he said, and we both broke out in hysterics, for a second, we glanced at each other.

“That’s so sweet, I think you two have already found a perfect match,” she said motioning to the two of us.

“Eww, never him!”

“Not her!”

We both cried, grinning at each other.

“Thank you for the interview.” Emilia said shaking both of our hands.

“Thanks,” we both said.

Emilia informed us that it was going to be on at 5 and at 10 on channel 2.

“Bye,” Evgeni and I waved walking out to his car.

“Onward, to food!” I cried.

“Hah, your always hungry fatty!”

“AM NOT!”

“You’re right, you are pretty cute,” he complimented, smiling at the road.

Did he just call me cute?

“Thanks, Evgeni.”

“Anytime,” he smiled, still not taking his eyes off the road.