Status: On hold at the moment. Kourtneyfaye's stories are also on hold. Sorry everyone :(

Chasing The Night

Chapter 5: Quality Time on Tour

“Aniza.” I hear someone whisper, poking my sides. “Aniza.” I hear again, the voice sounds like it’s scared. I open my eyes to see a trembling Frankie sitting on the bed next to me. “Morning Frankie,” I say slowly sitting up and reaching for my glasses. “What’s wrong?” I asked once I’m more awake.

“ I had a bad dream.” He whispers quietly. “Oh, buddy it’s ok.” I say leaning over to give him a hug. “Do you want to go back to sleep here or just go get some breakfast since it’s already 7?” I ask him.

“Can we just go get some breakfast?” He asks shyly. “Sure let me go get ready and we’ll go ok.” I say standing up and moving into the living room area of the bus. “Why don’t you go wake up Kourtney while I’m in the shower and see if she wants to spend the day with us, maybe well go to the mall for awhile before sound check.” I tell him and he nods before racing back toward the bunk area. I chuckle at his instant mood change.

I start getting my shower stuff together when I hear and a loud thud and Kourtney yell Frankie from the bunk area. I rolled my eyes thinking he probably just went in and jumped on her to wake her up. She’s such a heavy sleeper.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

About an hour later all three of us are showered, dressed and ready to go. We decided to go to Denny’s for breakfast. We sat in the back so no one would notice us. We may not be famous ourselves but Frankie and I are usually recognized because of our brothers and Kourtney because everyone knows she’s my best friend. We quickly ate then headed to the mall.

As soon as we entered the mall, in our disguises of hats and sun glasses, Kourtney spotted a Hot Topic. I personally have never been in Hot Topic but I know it’s Kourt’s favorite so we head over there first. She immediately heads to the back wall with all the band tees. While she’s picking out her latest “got to have it” shirts and skinny jeans, Frankie and I look around at random stuff in the store. Kourtney finally finishes and we all head to the next store. We went into random stores for the rest of the morning buying stuff here and there before stopping for lunch.

After lunch we allowed Frankie to pick out our next activity. He wanted to go to Toy’s R Us and look at the new Webkinz and some new games for his Nintendo DS. One trip down to Toy’s R Us and $200 later, we were on our way back to the bus.

It was about 3 when we got back the bus and we had to leave in half and hour to get the venue for the meet and greet and sound check. When we got on the bus we were almost knocked over by an overly active Joe. He was running around complaining that he shouldn’t have slept so late and how he was going to be late. He was running around like a chicken with it’s head cut off trying to find his straighter. I heard a laugh from the other half of the room. I turned to see Nick and Kevin both standing there trying not to laugh, Kevin yielding a straightner in his hands. “Hey Joe,” he said trying to hold in that laugh threatening to come out, “Is this it?” He asked. “Yes, where did you find it?” He asked, letting out a sigh he had been holding in. “It was on the table. You put it there last night.” Nick said. “Hey guys did you have fun?” He asked finally noticing us in the room.

“Yeah, we did. Aniza and Kourtney even let me get 10 new games for my DS and a lot of other stuff. Come see it Nick.” Frankie said excitedly while pulling Nick toward the bunks.

Kevin turned to us, “Make sure you guys are wearing whatever you want to wear for the concert when we leave for the meet and greet because we wont have time to come back here and change.” He told us before excusing himself to finish getting ready. Kourtney and I went back to the bunks to get our clothes before heading to the back lounge, the room the boys deemed our changing area, to get dressed. Kourtney changed into a pair of bright blue skinny jeans, a yellow v-neck t-shirt, yellow converse and a black TWLOHA hoodie. I changed into a pair of black skinny jeans, a purple t-shirt with a red heart on the front of it with blue converse. We both straightened our hair and did our makeup. It surprisingly only took us ten minutes to get ready. We went back to the front of the bus where Nick and Frankie seemed to be already waiting for us. Kevin came out as well about a minute later and we all had to wait for Joe. Joe came out about ten minutes later with just a minute to spare.

We quickly made our way to the SUV to head over to the venue, the bus would have been spotted to easily. The car ride was full of Frankie telling Kevin and Joe the events of our day. We got into the venue and headed directly where the meet and greet would be held in about ten minutes. Both bands were all doing one large meet and greet. Nick, Kevin and Joe lined up behind a table next to Josh, Matt, Jimmie, and Dave. Kourt, Frankie and I took a seat on the floor behind them to stay out of the way.

The doors opened and in came the boys fans, some screaming, some crying, a few even hyperventilating. I had to hold in a laugh as one of the girls almost jumped over the table to kiss Joe. My brother’s fans were crazy but they loved them. I got to say, the fans did help them get to where they are today, but some of them were just a little to over the top. About five people in I noticed something unusual at my brothers meet and greet, there was a group of about five or six guys, that seemed to be our age, waiting to talk to Kevin. Kevin was in the line standing next Josh talking to another fan. Once she moved on the group of guys stood between Josh and Kevin. They leaned over the table and whispered something to Kev, that Josh overheard, that instantly made them both tense up. Both Kevin and Josh looked furious with what was said. Kevin called security over and had them kindly escort them out. After that Kevin and Josh left the meet and greet and told me and Kourt to follow them. Frankie took his place in the meet and greet line.

“Kev, what’s wrong, what did those guys say?” Kourtney asked obviously noticing his anger. “I don’t want to repeat what he said. No one should ever hear something so disrespectful.” Kevin replied looking directly into her eyes trying to calm down.

“What was so bad that they said? Was it about us?” I asked, looking back and forth between Kevin and Josh. Josh tensed a bit. “Yeah it was.” He replied. “First they asked for you phone number.” Josh started but I interrupted. “What’s so bad about that? People ask for our number all the time, we say no and move on?” I questioned. “Because of what they said AFTER we told them no.” Kevin responded anger still evident in his voice. “Well what was it? If fans are saying stuff about me and Kourt we deserve to know what they are saying.” I argued. Josh sighed, “They said that they wouldn’t need if after they got you in bed anyway.” He said. “I just cant believe people think about things like that with my little sister and her best friend.” Kevin said.

Kourtney and I looked at each other and busted out laughing. Josh and Kevin just looked confused. “Why are you laughing?” Josh asked. “Yeah, we obviously do not find this funny.” Kevin said.

“I’ll explain." Kourtney said. “Well were laughing for three reason. 1st people say stuff like that all the time. We just don’t take it seriously we ignore it. It’s just how weird some fans can be. 2nd is you don’t even realize the number of girls we hear all the time that say stuff like they wish they could do things to you I wont even repeat. And third were laughing because you both are jealous. You’re jealous that random people are having thoughts about us when its so clearly evident you want to be the only ones thinking about us.” She finished staring directly at Kevin. “Pfft, we are not jealous.” Kevin said “Yeah, no way.” Josh countered. “Okay, whatever you boys say.” I said laughing slightly at how flustered both of them had gotten so quickly. “Now you may want to go finish the meet and greet before Frankie steals all of you fans.” Kourtney said with a laugh as we both turned to go back in the room leaving both of them speechless.

We entered the meet and greet room again and there was only about 10 or 15 people left in there so Kourt and I just stood by the wall behind the table. Frankie seemed to have more fans in line for him then either of my brothers or Dave, Matt and Jimmie. I laughed at that one. “Hey look Kourt, Frankie is our little stud in training.” I pointed out then busted out laughing when I realized everyone turned to look at him.

Kevin and Josh came back and went to their spots behind the table. On their way past us Josh whispered in my ear, “Payback’s a bitch Aniza remember that.” He winked at me then turned his attention back toward the fans. The meet and greet was over in about ten minutes, then the boys had sound check, I smiled remember a certain brother of mine had a dare to fulfill during soundcheck. I grabbed the Spice Girls c.d. and gave it to the person in charge of sound. I laughed to myself remembering that today’s soundcheck would be full of fans watching thanks to some radio contest.

EA hit the stage and Frankie I sat in the front row of seats watching their soundcheck. Kourtney looked totally so happy playing drums for them. They practiced three songs before handing over the stage to my brothers and coming over to sit in the front row with Frankie and I. They practiced about five of their songs and random guitar riffs to make sure the sound was good. Right before the end of their soundcheck I winked at the soundman and he pressed play on the c.d. and the music to ‘Wannabe’ filled the venue. Joe groaned, “I hoped you forgot this dare.” He said glaring at me. I smiled. “Nope.” I said. “Now Joe I believe the dare was to dance around and sing to this song during soundcheck so there you go.” All of the fans started screaming for him, and laughing at the situation.

The dance moves he came up with to the song made everyone in the audience and on stage bust out laughing. I saw some fans videotaping, oh what a priceless you tube moment I thought to myself, holding my sides laughing.

Once soundcheck was over, we all headed to the room we were using for lockdown. It was 45 minutes until the show would start and everyone needed to get ready themselves. Everyone had there own way of winding down before the show. Joe was doing stretches and doing vocal warmups. Nick was listening to his IPOD with his eyes closed. Kevin was just strumming random notes on the guitar. Matt, Jimmie, and Kourtney were sitting off in the corner trying to work on a beat to one of the songs she’s struggling with. Josh was playing Twinkle Twinkle Little Star and other random kids songs on his guitar and Frankie was singing to it.

The stage manager came in and told us that they need Every Avenue on stage in five minutes. So everyone stopped what they were doing and got up so we could say out prayer as a group. Since our parents weren’t with us, Kevin and Frankie led the prayer together. Once that was over I told all the EA boys good luck and hugged them then turned to Kourt. She looked nervous, I told her not to be nervous and she would be completely fine this was her dream and to remember the plan. The plan was that right before there last song Kourt is supposed to take the mic and tell the crowd she has a surprise for them. Then commence dare #2!

As they hit the stage I could hear the screams from all the fans and smiled. Most people would be tired of the screaming fans especially if the screams weren’t for them, but I wasn’t . it was sort of comforting to me to realize just how popular my brothers had come in such a short time. I’m so proud of them.

About twenty minutes later I heard EA start playing Chasing the Night so I knew I had to make my way toward the stage, grabbing Nick along the way. As soon as the song ended I heard Kourtney say, “Hey Dallas, how would all of you like a special surprise tonight?” She screamed into the mic. “Well in that case,” She giggled. “Let’s welcome my best friend in the entire world and sister to you favorite brothers Aniza Jonas to the stage.” She screamed walking to the middle of the stage from behind her drums. The crowd went nuts as I walked onto the stage dragging a reluctant Nick along with me. Kourtney handed me the mic and went to get the c.d.

“Hey guys, are you having fun tonight?” I asked the crowd. Total chaos from the crowd was my response. “So tonight I have a little surprise in store for all of you. We were pretty bored on the tour buses last night so we all decided to play truth or dare. Today we are carrying out part of the dares. The first one was Joe’s during soundcheck. How many of you saw that.” I got several scream directly from the front for that one. “Well for those of you who missed it, Joe’s dare was to sing and dance to the Spice Girls song ‘Wannabe’. It was pretty funny. Now this next dare is going to take a lot of encouragement. Now who want to see another one of those lovely dares?” I heard screams from the audience but wasn’t feeling there energy. “Come on, I can’t hear you, who wants to see another one those dares?” I screamed into the mic. The screams that time were almost deafening. Ah, much better.

“Ok so this is a triple dare for you. I need Nick, Dave and Jimmie up here at the front of the stage.” I saw Jimmie and Dave walk over just fine but Nick seemed to be dragging his feet. “Come on Nicky, get up here it wont be that bad.” I taunted him. When he finally reached me I asked him through the mic, “So Nicky, want to tell the crowd what they are about to witness?”

“Dancing to the Hoedown Throw Down.” He mumbled. “What was that Nick I don’t think they heard you all the way in the back. “We have to do the Hoedown Throw Down.” He screamed in the mic receiving nothing but laughs and cheers from the crowd. Kourt hit play on the sound system and soon Miley’s voice filled the venue. They did a pretty good job, but Nick still seemed really embarrassed, so I figured he had enough torture and told him to say bye to the crowd and he could leave. Jimmie and Dave still had another song to finish in their set. I resumed my place backstage.

The rest of the show went off without any problems. When my brothers finished they packed up and we headed straight to the buses. EA’s bus was broken down so we were all taking two buses instead of three to the next venue. Oh, joy this could be an interesting night, I thought to myself. We hit up a 24 hour restaurant for dinner but Frankie was almost falling asleep at the table so we ordered to go. Frankie ate quickly then went to bed. Nick’s sugar were messed up so he went to bed also. Jimmie, Matt, Dave and Joe all went into the front lounge to battle each other in Rock Band 2. Kevin, Josh, Kourt and I all decided on movie night in the back lounge. We decided to watch Australia, brought on by my current obsession with Hugh Jackman. About half way through Kevin got up and said he was going to bed. Josh went to get a drink for all of us. “Who do you think is cuter Hugh Jackman or Taylor Lautner?” I asked Kourtney randomly. “Um, Taylor Lautner hands down.” She replied. “I think Hugh is hot.” I stated right as Josh walked back in the room.

“Who’s hot?” He asked obviously overhearing part of our conversation. “Hugh Jackman.” I told him. “Oh,” He said before sitting back down on the couch. “Well, bestie, I’m going to bed night.” Kourtney said giving me a hug. “Night Josh.” she said as she was leaving the room.

Noticing we were alone Josh turned to me and whispered in my ear, “So who’s hotter me or Hugh Jackman.” He asked his lips slightly grazing over my ear causing me to shudder. “You.” I answered in a whisper. He then smiled and jumped off the couch. “I like your answer.” He said with a smirk before walking out the door saying goodnight. He suddenly turned around in the doorway and said, “Hey Aniza, by the way payback really is a bitch isn’t it.” He then winked at me and continued toward the bunks leaving me utterly speechless. That boy is going to be the death of me I thought before getting up and going to bed myself.
♠ ♠ ♠
There you go another new chapter!

Thanks to our commenters, you are the ones that inspire us to keep going with the stories. Aniza and I are having a blast writing this, some of it comes from random ideas we have during AIM conversations like the Hugh Jackman / Tayler Lautner part and the Hannah Montana movie songs from the last chapter. So I am glad you all are enjoying it as much as we are..

Random sidenote : For some reason Hannah Montana songs have been stuck in my head like crazy for the last few days. No clue why, just have been. Which is why they keep making random apperances as in the dares, the lullaby and anywhere else.

Read, Subscribe and Review please!
Aniza's next!!

--Kourt