Status: Moving along...Kind of slow.

We Don't Have to be a Tragedy

Act III, Scene XIII

Romeo’s Point of View

I saw Juliet stare, unbelievingly, at me. I winked, and Todd was smiling at the shocked look on Taylor’s face.

“I take it Taylor knows what this is gonna be, too?” I said to Todd, grinning.

“She’s obsessed,” he admitted, both of us leaning away from the microphones, “but I guess we shouldn’t have expected anything else from those two. They are best friends. Like us.”

“Yeah,” I laughed as the music started.

“ ‘Here I am face to face
With a situation
I never ever thought I’d see

Strange how a dress
Can take a mess
And make her nothing less than
Beautiful to me

I feel like my eyes have been transfigured
Something deep inside has changed
They've been open wide, but hold that trigger
This could mean danger

I'm falling in love, falling in love, falling in love
I could be falling in love, falling in love, falling in love
with Hermione Granger…’ ”


It was Todd’s turn now. He was Draco…I was playing the part of Ron.

“ ‘WHAT? What the hell is this?
YOU expect me to sing about her?
Don't care about her

It's just a little make up
Draco, Wake up
I'm mistaken

She…is the hottest girl I've ever seen
Now…because she's like a girl I've never seen
Don't know why…I’d ever be so mean, this could mean DANGER!

I'm falling in love, falling in love, falling in love
I could be falling in love, falling in love, falling in love
With Hermione Granger…’ ”


We shared a quick grin before we both started.

“ ‘I wanna let her know…
I feel so queasy…
But I can’t let it show.

She’d laugh, poor Weasley
Come on, Ron!

Draco!
You gotta let it go, you gotta let it go.

WHAT? What the hell is this?
I want to sing about her
Sing about her

I want to make up
Granger, wake up
I’ve been mistaken

She…is the hottest girl I've ever seen
Now…because she's like a girl I've never seen
Don't know why…I'd ever be so mean, this could mean DANGER!


Here I am face to face
With a situation
I never thought Id see

Strange how a dress
Can take a mess
And make her nothing less than
Beautiful to me

I feel like my eyes have been transfigured
Something deep inside has changed
They've been open wide, but hold that trigger
This could mean danger

I'm falling in love, falling in love, falling in love
I could be falling in love, falling in love, falling in love
With Hermione Granger.
With Hermione Grander.
With Hermione Granger.
DANGER!’ ”


I grinned, bigger than ever, when we finished. A Very Potter Musical is epic, and I couldn’t resist.

Okay, so I’m a not-so-secret nerd. Is there a problem with it?



Didn’t think so.

Great! Now I’m talking to myself. In my head, at least. I’m glad I’m not talking to myself out loud or there would be a serious problem here.

I let my eyes find Todd, grinning and breathing hard, and we laughed. People were cheering - probably not for our singing, because I’d say it was mediocre at best - but for the sake of AVPM.

I finally let my eyes drift to our table, where Juliet and Taylor and the guys were whooping and standing and clapping. I waved at them, and they cheered so loudly that several people turned and stared, but laughed all the same. I laughed at their antics, so giddy it was hard to laugh in any way but hysterically.

“Let’s get back down there,” Todd chuckled, holding his sides, “before we explode from laughing.”

“I agree.”

We handed the microphones to Sam, who was red in the face from having burst into laughter.

I made it back to the table first, sliding in by Juliet while Todd had to climb over people to get to Taylor.

“So, what’d you guys think?” Todd asked, slightly breathless.

“Gotta get back to Hogwarts,” Juliet sing-songed, sounding amazing. As always. “I love A Very Potter Musical. Why didn’t you tell me you’d seen it before?!”

“Never occurred to me. But I did see your collection of Harry Potter books and movies…” I trailed off, hinting that I’d picked Granger Danger for her. She grinned, rolling her eyes.

“Our next song is Hate That I Love You, originally Rihanna and Ne-Yo. Tonight, this is Stephonie and her boyfriend Brendon. Good luck!”

Sam’s voice diverted our attention back to the stage, where the next duet was taking place.

Needless to say, they weren’t near as good as Juliet was. But I don’t suppose they were completely and utterly horrible. After them, there were six other people, and the love song hour ended. Other people sang random songs from there on out, and we went back to finishing off the tiny bits of food we had left and chatting idly. Taylor and Juliet fit right in with our group of friends, and I don’t think I need to even tell anyone how relieved I am for that.

Finally, there was only time for one more song before Whitney’s closed for the night.
♠ ♠ ♠
DISCLAIMER:

I DO NOT OWN A VERY POTTER MUSICAL, GRANGER DANGER, OR GOTTA GET BACK TO HOGWARTS.

There. Had to put that, just in case. I don't claim ownership of any of AVPM's songs or lyrics or people, I just wish I did. =3

One more chapter with a song in it, and then I'll get back to actual story stuff. Sorry for boring you all to death, and sorry if you guys don't like the songs that I do.

It's been about two weeks since I gave ya'll anything to read, so I figured it was about time.

If you have any lovey-dovey duet suggestions for the next chapter, tell me, please!
If you have a girl lovey-dovey song instead, tell me.
If you have a guy song that's lovey-dovey, please tell me. Again. =3

If I get a good suggestion, I'll use that song. I don't know whether I want it to be just Juliet or just Romeo, or a duet. If it's just one of them, they'll be singing a love song to the other. Just 'cause I'm in a cheesy mood =3

Thanks for reading! Sorry if it's boring you guys with all the songs.

Until next time!
<333 Amanda