You only have this one-shot

Here

I had just gotten a new teammate and a new housemate. Her name is Caitlin Mulligan. She’s about 5’ 8”. She has blonde hair and blue eyes. She’s an amazing hockey player, so I’ve heard. She got to Pittsburgh just in time to play our first game which is tonight. She trained with the Philadelphia Flyers.

"Siddo!" she yelled down the stairs.

"What Caitlin?" I yelled.

"Have you seen my black pumps?"

"I'm wearing them now! Kidding! I haven't seen them!" I yelled, smiling.

"Thanks anyways." she yelled. I knew she'd be smiling. She always does.

"Found them!" I heard a mumbled yell. I just let out a small laugh. I heard her pumps making contact with the hardwood floor of the steps in my apartment. I turned my head from the TV and looked at her. My jaw dropped.

“Do I look bad?” she asked.

“N-no. You look beautiful.”

“Thank you.” I said.

We got into her Lamborghini and we headed to the arena.

She kept her eyes on the road but my eyes were glued to her.

"Do you enjoy staring at me Mr. Crosby?" she asked.

"Sorry." I said.

"It's ok." she said laughing and smiling.

"You just look really pretty." I said.

"You wouldn't be crushing on a teammate, would you Sid the Kid?"

"I just might be. I'd invite you to watch me play in a game but you will be beside me on the bench." I said with a smile.

"Maybe I don't want to sit beside you." she said.

"Don't be like that." I said jokingly. I reached over and grabbed her hand. She didn't shake me off. She didn't move. She just put her fingers in between mine. Her hands were smaller than mine, I'm glad.

The radio came on and she turned in up, blasting it.

"I like where we are, when we drive in your car. I like where we are, here." I sang, smiling.

"Cause our lips, can touch, and our cheeks, can brush. Our lips can touch, here." she said

"Where you are the one, the one that lies close to me. Whispers, 'Hello, I miss you quite terribly.' I fell in love, in love, with you suddenly. Now there's no place else, I could be, but, here in your arms." I sang.

"I like, where you sleep, when you sleep next to me. I like where you sleep, here."

We pulled right in and didn't stop to sign anything. She got out and walked with me to the opening.

"Hey hottie!" someone yelled to her.

"Perv." she whispered. I couldn’t help but laugh. Someone dropped a yogurt parfait on her. She stopped, looked up and laughed.

“I’m so sorry.” A man yelled.

“It’s ok. Be careful.” she said.

She just kept walked. Her hair was coated in it. Her dark blue dress was half white.

“Oh my God! What happened Caitlin?” Jordan asked her.

“Some butterfingers dropped yogurt parfait on me!” she said laughing.

We won our game and she had to wear sweats home. Someone asked her where her dress was and she had to explain. She laughed. It was amazing how she just fit right in with the crowd. She’s really cute.

Our next game was against the Washington Capitals. She was doing fine but then Alex Ovechkin skated at her full speed. He hit her when she was 5 feet from the boards. She did a half flip and landed on the ice. She was out cold. All of the on ice players rushed to her. Evgeni went after Ovechkin. Jordan Staal had Mike Green and Nicklas Backstrom was taken on by Max Talbot. The remaining guys just stood and watched. I knelt by her. I rubbed her cold cheek and she started to flutter her eyes.

“Sid?” she said.

“Yeah Caitlin. It’s Sid.”

“Help me up.”

“No, you’re going to the injury ro-”

“Up. Now.” she growled. I helped her up and she skated to the bench. She refused to be checked out by the doctors.

“Why are you so stubborn?” I whispered to her. She kicked the wall in front of her. She smacked her stick off the glass beside her and stormed down the runway. She went to the visiting lockerroom which was ours. I got off the bench and walked back. The crowd was very quiet in Washington seeing what just happened.

"Caitlin." I said. I walked into the room and saw her sitting at her stall.

"Oh Caitlin." I said running to her. I hugged her. The period had 10 minutes left.

"What's wrong?" I asked.

"My game is so off."

"There will be games like that." I said softly.

"There can't be. Not for me. They'll kick me out." she said coldly.

"So what?"

"Sid I won't have a job!"

"You don't need one!"

"Why?!"

"I want to marry you!" I screamed in her face.

"marry me?" she whispered.

"Yes. Will you marry me?"

"Yes."

"I love you."

"I love you too."
♠ ♠ ♠
for mully17 sorry it took so long