Sequel: Beautiful Deception
Status: November 29th, 2009: First chapter of the Sequel will be posted on December 2nd so stay tuned :]

Deadly Perception

A Decent Kidnapper?

I was unable to sleep so I just hung there trying to listen in to what was happening upstairs though I hardly heard anything. When I tried to tune into the noises are me, all I heard were creaks and... squeaking? Oh no, I hated rodents, rats, vermin, whatever you liked to call them. My arms were sore and aching from their position but whenever I relaxed them, my open cuts brushed against the cool metal and it put strain on my shoulders. My knees were giving way and were about to buckle but I had to endure it because it would give added weight and pressure to my arms. To top it all off I couldn't even be sure what time it was. There were no windows whatsoever. I was doomed. Now, I know what being a prisoner of war feels like. I guess that was me this time.

Just when the thought of using the cuffs to slit my wrists and commit suicide entered my mind-though I was actually too chicken to do it-the door to the basement opened. I waited for the usual perverted comment that I always got, but all I heard were footsteps coming down the stairs. Weird?

When they came closer, I could make out silver piercings and pale skin. Sean. He was carrying a tray and clothes were slung over his arm. His face was calm and collected. I watched him warily as he approached. I didn't know much about Sean yet. I just knew that he was quiet. He hadn't really done anything to me except suggest that a dirty sock be stuffed in my mouth. I guess I can't really judge his character based on that, right?

I watched as he placed the tray down on the ground. On it was a plate of apple slices and a small bottle of water. He stood up and rubbed the back of his neck waiting for me to fill in the silence. When I didn't, he sighed.

"Look, I figured that you were probably hungry since you didn't eat yesterday. I know that the other guys wouldn't give a rat's ass about your human needs so I decided to take matters into my own hands." Hm, so far not that bad. He moved over to me, produced a key from his pocket and unlocked my hands. I collapsed forward since the chains were the only things pretty much keeping me upright. My fall caused the cuffs on my legs to dig into my skin. Not only that but my wrists, which I had used to catch my fall, had added pressure.

"Sorry, sorry," Sean mumbled helping me into a sitting position along the wall. I laid my head back against it breathing heavily and trying to get the blood to rush back through my arms. When I regained the feeling, I turned my attention to the tray. I hadn't realized it before, but I was starving. The apple slices looked appealing even though the were slightly brown and shriveled from being exposed to the air.

Sean was scrutinizing me closely. When he saw me stare at the apples, probably taking my expression of hunger for disgust, he cleared his throat awkwardly. "I'm sorry about the apples, but it's all we have. It was either that or moldy cheese." He smiled and I laughed in spite of myself. That was the first time I laughed since I got here.

I reached out and grabbed a slice biting into it. It was dry, but it will do. I offered the plate to him, but he waved it away.

"By the way," he began as I finished up the last slice. "I've got some clothes here for you too. It can't be comfortable to stay in that dress the whole time." I nodded.

"Thanks," I said and I meant it. I chugged the last of the water down. Uh-oh!

"Um, Sean?"

"Yeah?"

"I, uh, need to use the bathroom," I said softly fidgeting uncomfortably.

"Oh... right, um, yeah. I almost forgot," he said chuckling nervously. "Besides, you need to change anyway so come on."

Thank God someone was on my side, even for a little while.
♠ ♠ ♠
Has Riley made an Alli, is Sean really a good little kidnapper? Better yet, will he behave himself in the next chapter? what are your ideas on him?
Well, of course, I have to say hello to my new commenters:
BrokenHalo
Ittomz5aliy
Miss. Ridlin
^HI GUYZ and THNXXX, I appreciate you guys showing your interest in my stories!

P.S well as you can see the comments are getting into the big numbers, which makes me so incredibly happy. That means that I'm in the mood for CHAPTER DEDICATIONS!! So my 75th commenter will be mentioned and get the next chapter in their honor and dedicated to them.
so COMMENT COMMENT COMMENT for more!