Sequel: Trade Mistakes
Status: Sequal? Or no?

Like a Fool

Chapter o23

I awoke to something tickling my nose. I swatted it away but my hand came in contact with a very furry object. I shot up to be met with a very large dog. It looked like a husky great dane mix. It's eyes were an amazingly clear blue, it's fur was typical husky pattern but short, it had the classic great dane face. And of course it was huge.

I laughed as it licked my face again. I rubbed his large bowling ball sized head once he sat next to me. He took up nearly the whole bed, and I certainly didn't mind sharing it with this gorgeous mini-horse.

"Casanova! Get down! You know she's sleeping!" Adam hissed from the door. When he heard my giggle he came fully into the room. "Oh... you're up! Did Cass wake you up? Is he bugging you? I can kick him out if you want."

"No! He's amazing! But yeah he did wake me up, I don't mind though! His name's Casanova? How appropriate." I hugged him around his neck.

"Yeah, I named him that after noticing he only gave his attention to me and pretty girls." I laughed. "What can I say, he has good taste." He sat next to the behemoth of a dog.

"I agree." I nodded "So are you going to make me breakfast?" I asked trying to seem serious.

"Well what would you like? I can make cereal and.... cereal..."

I laughed at his ineptitude, once my giggles had subsided I asked "How about I make pancakes?"

"That would be lovely. But are you always this giggly in the morning?"

"Ha! Never, I hate the mornings. But I can't be grumpy when I'm woken up by such an awesome dog!"

"Well I'm glad you like him. I was worried you weren't a dog person, or at least not a big dog person."

"I hate small dogs, they're really annoying." I stretched and swung my legs over the edge of the bed to see that I had kicked the extremely baggy pants off during the night.

"Oops. You're pants fell of me." I paused then realized how awkward that sounded "I mean the pants you let me borrow didn't stay on. But don't worry the shirt comes to my knees." I stood up for emphasis. It fell just above my knees.

"Well, I don't mind the view." He wiggled his eyebrows up and down "Okay so my mom and dad are at work and my little sister is still asleep."

"What time is it?" I asked searching for a clock.

"It's about ten thirty."

"Wow that's early for me on a Sunday... But come on I'll get going on those pancakes." I walked out of the room, Adam and Casanova at my heels.

Adam parked himself at the counter and Casanova watched me intently hoping I'd drop something he'd like.

I started on the preparation, luckily all the ingredients were down low so my shirt didn't come too close to my ass. I had just put gotten the last dry ingredient on the counter when the doorbell ran through the house.

"I'll get it." Adam said rushing to the door. I merely kept on with getting breakfast ready, and was rather surprised when Adam called me out.

"Yeah?" I saw Johnny at the door and was momentarily speechless. "Seriously? Who told you to come pick me up? Actually better yet who did you tell I was here?" I raised my eyebrows and crossed my arms. They weren't very smart by sending the weakest link.

"I didn't want to tell the guys but they got it out of me! See Carliegh asked where you were and I said at a friends but then I realized I had said too much because the guys started asking more. They thought that the only friends you would go to were at Brian's and they knew I knew because (well let's face it I can't lie) so they kept asking questions and I cracked..."

"Short-shit I trusted you!" I stomped my foot.

"Uhh... why aren't you wearing pants?"

"Shut it! Now are you here alone or did they send back up?"

"I defiantly saved your ass on that one. Matt's fuming in the car, I wouldn't let him come up. Brian and Jimmy are in the car too."

"So you won't leave with out me?"

"Yep, sounds about right."

"You really suck you know that? Well Adam I'll have to make you breakfast later." I kissed him on the cheek and hugged him "Thank you for everything. I'll come by later for my clothes and stuff. They'll be getting impatient."

"No problem sweetheart." He hugged me back and gave me one last good-bye kiss as I left with Johnny.

I walked up to the front passenger door and glared at Matt through the glass. "Move it bud!"

He rolled down the window "Go in the back!"

"I'm not going back there with out pants! Now scoot!"

"Uhh... why aren't you wearing pants? Do I have to kill the little fucker?" He steamed as he got out and started towards the house.

"Down bobo! He gave me pajama's to sleep in and you all showed up so hastily that I didn't have time to change back!" I flung my arms about trying to emphasize my frustration.

"What the hell happened to you?!" He saw my wrapping's finally.

"You know what, you could have prevented this." My expression grew dark remembering that he's the reason my wrist is in such pain.

"What are you talking about? What the hell happened?" I just glared and slid into the now open front seat.

The rest of the ride home was stonily silent. I was angry that they had the nerve to pluck me from Adam's house like they were my parents, and Matt was angry that I had spent the night at a guys house that wasn't Jimmy, Brian, Johnny, or Zacky.

Just before Johnny pulled into my drive way I said "No! Stop! Go to Brian's!"

"Wait what?" Brian asked from the now very cramped back seat.

"Just don't ask okay?" I asked rubbing my temple's with my finger tips.

Once we pulled into Brian's house I jumped out and made my way to the door but I was stopped by Matt grabbing my uninjured wrist.

"Okay you need to spill! How did you get hurt? Why did you spend the night at Aaron's house? And why didn't you want to go home?"

"You forfeited your right to know when you weren't there when I needed you most!" I tried to release myself from his grip but to no avail.

"What do you mean 'forfeited your right'? What are you talking about?"

I glared "I mean when I came home to find my father sitting at my kitchen table you weren't there for me! Instead you were fucking Lexi in Brian's pool!" I finally broke free and ran into the house. I ran to the guest room where I had stashed some clothes for times like these. I quickly locked the door and rummaged through the drawers.

Although when I had brought over the clothes I never dreamed I would need them after my father came home and I spent the night at my new boyfriend's house.

Matt came banging at my door "Cain! Open up! What do you mean your father is home?! Why didn't you tell me?"

"Because you were busy FUCKING YOUR GIRLFRIEND!"

"Cain open up or I will kick down the door!"

"You wouldn't dare!"

"Wouldn't I?"

"Okay guys," Brian's voice had come into the conversation "let's not ruin my house shall we? Matt calm down I'll get the key."

"Brian Elwin Hanner Jr.! If you get that key, so help me god..." I threatened but alas, they never took me seriously when I did that. He proved that much when the door clicked open and Matt stormed in.

"Oh don't even!" I gasped "You have no right to be mad at me! All I did is go to the person I should go to when shit like this happens!"

"Oh really? Does Allan even know what happened with your father? Did he comfort you the first time he left? Did he listen to you cry at night when you had a dream about him? Did he cheer you up when ever there was a father daughter dance by going with you instead of your dead-beat father? No! That was all me!"

"And yet when I needed you most, you were to busy for me." It was my calm voice that freaked him out the most. I wasn't yelling, but closer to crying. Something he really couldn't handle. "Look, Matt, you're mad at me for going to my boyfriend while you were with your girlfriend? How does that make sense? How is that fair?"

"You're mad at me too! You could have interrupted us you know! Had I known your dad was back I would have told her to wait!"

"Really? You would tell the Queen Bitch 'no'? Why don't I believe you? Oh wait maybe it's because you wouldn't give up sex because she hates me, so why would you do it for me period?"

"You know that's not true." He actually had the nerve to sound hurt.

"Do I?"

"Cain, I though we said we wouldn't let her come between us!"

"I didn't, you did."

"I'm sorry! Okay! I never want you to feel like you can't come to me for help! But please tell me what happened to you! And what did Alex do to you last night?"

"Fuck you! Adam didn't do anything! I did! I ran, I ran here but you were in the pool! So I ran more. I don't know how I ended up where I did but I fell. My wrists broke my fall and I sprained one. Then I called Adam and waited for him at the Seven-Eleven on Tamarack. Then some thugs started harassing me and Adam saved me! Then he took me to his house because I asked him to, and then he let me borrow some pajamas. I went to bed then you assholes showed up!"

"Why did you call Adam and not us?" His face fell, no matter how angry I was I hated seeing him upset. But the fucker deserved it after what he put me through.

"I didn't want to be a bother." I said truthfully.

"How could my best friend be a bother?"

"When she's interrupting sex she is." I said coldly.

He ran his hands through his hair and leaned against the wall. "How fucked up did our friendship become that you couldn't come to me." He seemed to only be speaking to himself.

But I answered anyway "That tends to happen when you date someone that hates your best friend's guts." He looked into my mismatched eyes and sighed "I did warn you, you realize that don't you?"

He nodded "I really just thought you didn't like her out of principle."

"Oh you mean the principle that people like us don't associate with bitches like her? That one? Yeah it's there for a reason."
♠ ♠ ♠
Will they make up?! Who knows... well I do but that's besides the point...

I'm really sorry if this sucks. I still feel like I owe at least a few chapters to you guys but I just found out my grandmother's pace-maker surgery didn't go very well and they have to go in again. It's scary you know? So it's hard to concentrate, but here it is.