An Abused Beauty's Way to Happiness

Home Again!

The house looked better than I remembered. And even though it wasn't home, it felt pretty darn close to it. I got out of Jennifer's Ford, and looked out the window of the garage. I was so happy to finally be home. I walked eagerly to the door that went from the garage to the kitchen, and went to the fridge. Hospital food... not as good as Tony's. The chef. But, he was on break now. He only comes on Tuesdays and Thursdays and since those are the days Jennifer has more work than others. She tried to explain it to me the second day I lived here. But, he's here today because I came home. So, that makes me feel good. I like to watch him work in the kitchen, so we get along good.

''When we eatin'?'' I asked Bryce when he came in.

''When Tony gets back. He must still be getting something for the dessert he's making you. He went somewhere far away to get the ingredients since there's no good stores around here to make the things he makes.''

''Oh. He likes me that much?''

''Guess he does. Jennifer! We got a new message from the contractor!''

''Coming!'' I heard her say from the garage where she was getting the groceries we stopped to get-- I have to be on some kind of special diet now. Lots of calcium, which means lots of milk...

''Hi. This is Joey Hanover. We got the cement for pool. So, call us back when you get this, and we can set up a date to do the pouring.'' He went to the number and I zoned out and stared at the groceries... There were still the doughnuts and cookies from when I was in the hospital. They were pretty much gone between me, Bryce, and Jennifer. We ate a lot of stuff while I was in the hospital. But, there were a precious few left. I smiled and walked over to the donuts.

''Aida. Don't eat sweets so close to dinner. Tony should be here soon.''

''Okay. Then I'm gonna go play piano. Or clean my room or something.'' I grumbled, staring at the sweets with defeat.

''Okay. I'll call you down when it's time to eat.''

''Kay.'' I said, walking out to the entrance, and walking up the stairs. I love this house. But, my room is the best. I like it because it's girly. A dream room. It's a room the people back in North Dakota only dream about. If they knew what I was living in now, they'd be jealous. Since North Dakota is centered around farming, there isn't very much pop culture talk. It's almost forbidden. The parents and grandparents grew up on farms worrying about the harvest that's coming up and if the weather will permit or how many sheep the coyotes got. Not what thier hair looked like or who's celebrity sex tape is all over the internet. I sighed and walked into the room with the piano. It was Jennifer's great, great grandmother's, once, and it gets passed down from generation to generation.

I sat down on the antique bench, and rested my fingers on the keys. I pressed down on one. I loved the sound. It was beautiful. I played a starter piece to get my fingers warmed up for the real stuff. I finished the easy part and moved on to Tokio Hotel. I know most of thier songs don't have piano at all, but I like to do the slow ones in piano. This last week, I got the notes from the interent, and translated them to piano. I did some My Chemical Romance on the piano, too. I liked to play a lot of thier stuff. I finished ''By Your Side'' by Tokio Hotel and started playing ''Cancer'' by My Chemical Romance. This song has always had a special place in my heart. It nevers fails to bring a tear to my eyes. Especially since my mother died from cancer. And it always reminds me of her. The lyrics are accurate and everything. It's how we all felt. But, I only listen to it on special occasions. Like my birth day, her birthday, or the date of her death, things like that. I actually PLAY it ALL the time. It's really easy for me. I don't even have to think about it!!!! I flew through that song and stopped playing. My arms were tired, which is wierd, but I guess that hapens when you're on painkillers, or come home from the hospital, or something like that. I just sat at the bench and thought about stuff. I'll get bored really fast if I'm stuck here for a few days... When am I going back to school? I'll ask Jennifer right now. I got up and, as I passed the wndow, I saw a car come in the driveway. Tony. I smiled and my stomach growled. I laughed a small laugh and went out the door to the hallway and hopped down the stairs. A skippity hop, you know? I ran through the kitchen and out the front door.

''HEY Tony!! I'm home! Miss me?''

''Oh, Aida.'' He said in a scoldong tone. ''You have no idea how much I enjoyed the silence. The worst is that you were here for only a week and you were annoying already!''

''I'm not annoying! Just special!'' I said, going to help him bring in the stuff he got.

''Special in a good way, or a bad way?''

''I'm still figuring that part out, but, I know I'm special!'' I said, going in the front door. ''I know I'm special because you're here just for ME.''

''Just for you? Who told you that?'' We set the stuff on the counter.

''Why else would you be here?''

''Maybe I missed Jennifer and Bryce.''

''You know you missed me the most.''

''Maybe, maybe not. Now, you don't get to help with supper. Go do something else.''

''Okay.'' I said. Once he gets something in his head, leave him alone. Very strong willed, that guy... I walked into the living room. I was really bored and there's really not anything to do here. I saw Jennifer sitting on the couch watching TV and I joined her.

''Hey. You really shouldn't be moving around a whole lot. Does it hurt?''

''No. I'm fine.''

''You better be. It really is not the best for you to be moving.''

''Cool. Can I go to school tomorrow?''

''No.''

''Why?''

''Wednesday or Tuesday. You already knew that.''

''It's Monday tomorrow.''

''I know.''

''And after Monday it's Tuesday. One day is the difference. Can I go to school tomorrow?''

''No. We have to see if your back is healing properly.''

''I can do that at school!!!''

''No you can't. I need to ask you something.''

''What?''

''You have to be emotionally scarred. And we were wondering if you, uh, are depressed or anything. Me and Bryce were talking last night. We want to know if you want or need counseling or therapy or something like that.''

''No. I don't. I'mm fine. Why would I depressed? I have amom and dad and a house. And I'm not stressed or anything like that. I have people to take care of me! You must not know how grateful I am.''

''Okay. I just wanted to know. O do care for you. So, please tell me if you want to talk about something or have any questions about boys or sex or anything like that.''

''Jennifer. I'm fifteen. You already want to talk to me about sex?''

''No. Not really. I just want you to know so you don't bring any babies home. You can wait until you're graduated from college or settled down with a guy. And don't bring some guy that doesn't have any smarts in him. Pick someone smart so you can suck all the money from him.'' She said the last two sentences when Bryce came in.

''Yeah. Suck the money from me. I haven't gotten a raise for a couple months. It's about time for one to come soon, with all the traceling I've been doing AND the fact that I had to pay for it.''

''Hon. You get paid really good money. Stop whining. You know you won't lose your job. Be grateful for that.''

''You're like Dr. Phil, or someone like that. You're so weird.''

''You don't say that to your wife.'' I smiled as they continued to talk about the economy and stuff. I zoned out and started watching Oprah. It was about buse and stuff like that. Then. she started talking about what happened to Rihanna and blah blah blah. Yeah, I felt bad for her, but hey! Look at what happened to me. I'm a lot younger and my abuser was my own father. Do you see me in magazines or TV shows like The View or Tyra? I haven't. And, it's unfair. I don't want my story out there in public. Andrew and the nurse knowing is enough, let alone this whole country. They need to let celebrities have some privacy. There are people who have done greater things than that and people have no sense to appreciate them. People are so screwed up... I sighed and got up and went to the kitchen. I sat at the kitchen island quietly without getting Tony to notice. He was frying something in a pan on the stove. He started whistling to himself and I smiled. He went to a different counter to get something. He was so boring... So, I sighed... Loudly.

''I knew yu were there. I also knew you were getting impatient. Did I not tell you to get once?''

''Yes, you told me and I listened.''

''Doesn't look like it.''

''Kay. I'll leave and let you get to your work.''

''Thank you.'' I loved annoying people. But, it only started since I mvoed here. I went upstairs to my bedroom and got under the covers to watch Nitro Circus. Eventually, I had to change it because it hurt to laugh. So, I went to the Discovery Health channel and watched Mystery Diagnosis. I have always liked doctor shows and stuff like that, but, it always freaked me out. The bodily fluids and such. But, I held it together, and pulled through. I found myself grow tired. I hate when that happens. It's from the painkillers, and I fall asleep every few hours because the dose is so high. But, I don't mind it because they're the expensive, VERY high quality ones that don't make me all loopy and crazy. And, it helps my back a lot. Soon, I found it hard to hold my eyes open, and caved. I turned the TV off, layed down, and took a nap.

~~At Supper~~

I picked at my food, listening to Jennifer talk, but barely letting it register.

''Aida, you really aren't ready for school. The fact you just took a nap proves it.''

''But, how do you know that I won't be able to pay attention while I'm at school?''

''Why would that make it any different?''

''Because it's not so boring. And there'll be different people there to talk to. Please?''

''I don't want you to.''

''Bryce? Can I go to school tomorrow?''

''I really don't care. As long as you don't hurt yourself while you're there. Jen's the one to talk to.''

''Honey, she shouldn't go to school tomorrow. She's not ready. She should wait a couple more days.''

''But, please? It'll be okay!! If youy don't want me to carry my stuff, then I'll get someone to do it foe me. I can do everything without help.''

''What about your pills? You're in high school and the kids would really like to have those, even if they don't do anything.''

''I'll take them to the nurse's office during home room adn take them after lunch. See? Easy as pie!''

''Do you HAVE to go tomorrow?''

''Yes. It's Monday and I want to start the week right.''

''You won't let no get to you, huh?''

''I won't let it get to me. So, am I going?''

''I guess.''

''Good. Can one of oyu take me with the Mustang? So I can show off?''

''What?''

''She wants people to see what she rides in. Cars are very important during the high school years.''

''Yes, they are. See Jennifer? Even he knows and how old is he?''

''Whatever. But he has to take you because I'm not allowed to drive it.''

''Okay. TONY!!! Can I have dessert now!'' I yelled from my seat.

''Oh, gosh, Aida. You're loud. Can;t you wait until we're done?''

''Nope.''

''Okay. Whatever. Make it TWO!!'' Jennifer yelled. We laughed and Bryce bowed his head, holding it with his hand.

''My lord.'' He said quietly. I laughed harder.
♠ ♠ ♠
so???