The Art of Breaking

Falling Inside the Black

I sealed the last box full of stuff before having the movers come. They would be here in less than an hour. Everything was packed and boxed up. It's been a few days and I still haven't seen anyone; no Jasper and no Ryan. I knew that Ryan had been calling everyday but I just didn't want to deal with everything right now. I wanted a break from everything supernatural.

The doorbell rang and I sighed before answering. "Miss Summers?"

"Yes. Come on in! I have everything boxed up and ready to go," I replied with a genuine smile pasted on my face. Several guys came in to take the boxes to the moving truck.

"Lacey?"

"Brandon? I didn't know you worked as a moving boy."

"And I didn't know you were moving. What's happened with us, Lacey? When did you stop telling me everything? When did we become strangers?"

"Look, Brandon, things are way to complicated for you to understand. I don't even understand them right now."

"Right," Brandon said angrily and continued to do his job by helping one of the guys move my couch out the door. I combed my hand through my hair in frustration. Why do I keep hurting people?

*****
Ryan's POV
I called Lacey's number but this time it was disconnected. What the hell? Something didn't smell right and the hairs on the back of my neck started to raise. "What's wrong, Ryan?" Benjamin asked and looked up from playing his Gameboy.

"Something isn't right."

Before Benjamin could say another word I was already bounding through the woods morphed into my wolf form. My legs pushed off the ground with so much force I was surprised the earth didn't crumbled beneath my feet.

All of a sudden there was a dull glow ahead of me and I came to a stop. Something told me not to go any further. This was bad. The light came closer and my ears started to ring with a loud fury. My head felt as if it would split open from the sound.

*****
Lacey's POV
As Brandon and the others went back inside for more of my furniture, I felt a slight pain in my head and it started to increase. My vision clouded a little at first before the pain increased and everything in the world faded into the black.
♠ ♠ ♠
And hold your applause because another chapter is being added as you read this sentence. :D